blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617681 times)
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 09, 2010, 02:36:09 AM »

Inner space was a remake of Fantastic Voyage 1966. A mini sub goes round the blood stream to remove a blood clot

Raquel Welsh had the best bits in that one, and Donald Pleasance was the baddy ,as usual

The hero was Stephen Boyd , He was in Ben Hur as the Roman Baddy

It won 2 Academy Awards. lol

It was the Avatar of its day

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 09, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »

Watched 'Innerspace' vegged out on the sofa last night, how shit were the 80's?!

Maybe if you think..."Die Hard, Predator, Back To The Future, Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run, Raging Bull, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Et, Mad Max 2, Naked Gun, Nightmare On Elm Street, Planes Trains & Automobiles, Commando, Rambo, Robocop, The Thing, American Werewolf In London" are shit then maybe yeah...loads more I missed out aswell, much better than than the crappy Noughties when overrated crappy Cgi fest's ruled the screen...

Nearly every film above is having a sequel or been remade...shows how bad its got with original new stuff...

Howard The Duck were crap tho!  
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 09, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »

Watched 'Innerspace' vegged out on the sofa last night, how shit were the 80's?!

Maybe if you think..."Die Hard, Predator, Back To The Future, Beverly Hills Cop, Midnight Run, Raging Bull, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Et, Mad Max 2, Naked Gun, Nightmare On Elm Street, Planes Trains & Automobiles, Commando, Rambo, Robocop, The Thing, American Werewolf In London" are shit then maybe yeah...loads more I missed out aswell, much better than than the crappy Noughties when overrated crappy Cgi fest's ruled the screen...

Nearly every film above is having a sequel or been remade...shows how bad its got with original new stuff...

''we gotta biter''!!!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 10, 2010, 11:22:01 AM »

Might 2-for-1 it tonight with 'Green Zone', any takers for that?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 10, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »

Next on list along with Shutter island.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 10, 2010, 11:29:15 AM »

if you like films about nutters then L'instinct de mort and L'ennemi public No. 1 about french gangster jacques mesrine are worth a watch. guy was a total mentalist

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 10, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »

You forgot Tron, great film due for a re-make/sequel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/

Ah! The element of surprise
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:39 PM »

You forgot Tron, great film due for a re-make/sequel

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/

Yeah Tron is a film that is ideal for a remake/sequel with today's technology, but some of the other remakes...the new Nightmare On Elm Street...wtf have they done to Freddy! his face is pathetic!!! and the voice lol!

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 12, 2010, 01:14:08 AM »

The Ugly Truth

Unexpectedly funny rom/com flick with a blokie slant and a girlie ending, worth a look on a friday with a bottle of wine and pizza imo.

http://milledrive.com/videos/29681/The_Ugly_Truth_2009_.html
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:20:40 AM by Woodsey » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 12, 2010, 01:16:10 AM »

Did you watch the Bafta's

The Hurt Locker beat Avatar to be Best Film, Best Director, best Editing

Well done That Lass Kathryn Bigelow

Watched yesterday, not bad and worth seeing but I'm not sure about oscars etc. Having said that many films that get oscars are rubbish anyway............
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 12, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »

Did you watch the Bafta's

The Hurt Locker beat Avatar to be Best Film, Best Director, best Editing

Well done That Lass Kathryn Bigelow

Watched yesterday, not bad and worth seeing but I'm not sure about oscars etc. Having said that many films that get oscars are rubbish anyway............

Overhyped as usual, watched it last year...it was ok, bit slow and uninvolving in many ways...
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1121 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 12, 2010, 10:11:17 PM »

I am a huge rugby fan, and think Matt Damon gives a great performance, but Invictus is bloody dull!Someone should have taken some scissors to that screenplay and tightened it up a lot

I just watched Invictus and whilst I understand why you would say that I quite enjoyed it. Having said that I like most things south african and am a massive rugby fan so I doubt you could find a film that was more up my street before you even start.........
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 12, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »

I am a huge rugby fan, and think Matt Damon gives a great performance, but Invictus is bloody dull!Someone should have taken some scissors to that screenplay and tightened it up a lot

I just watched Invictus and whilst I understand why you would say that I quite enjoyed it. Having said that I like most things south african and am a massive rugby fan so I doubt you could find a film that was more up my street before you even start.........

While I'm on the saffie theme, 'The Power Of One' is probably the best saffie/apartheid theme film I've seen, its been around a while and I don't know many others who have seen it.

I would really recommend it it you like that sort of stuff............

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=WI9BNZHH
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 13, 2010, 02:04:22 AM »

Precious

Hard hitting film about living life in the shit end of black America, bloody good film. Not my natural territory as I'm more of an action film lover really, this is the sort of film that should be winning oscars IMO not hurt locker etc

Good luck spotting two cameo's by well know people, no chance you would know unless you look at the credits or somehow otherwise know.

http://loombo.com/o68k47ep5v8e/Precious.parlin.flv.html
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: