blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 620168 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: March 13, 2010, 03:17:56 PM »

Wathed it this morning. Got to agree - great film. Cheers for the link too. Quality was good.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 14, 2010, 03:11:26 AM »

Brooklyn's Finest

Cop film with Richard Gere, Wesley Snipes and Don Cheadle. Felt like a mixture of 6 or 8 different cop films I've seen over the last 10 years internal affairs etc, deffo worth a watch

http://loombo.com/ey4k9lk8kwjw/Brooklyns.Finest.DVDSc..avi.html
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:15:50 PM by Woodsey » Logged
smileriraq

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 14, 2010, 07:54:09 AM »

just watched a sneak peek at the new predators movie

www.predators-movie.com/

deffo stoked for this one

Click to see full-size image.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 14, 2010, 07:10:55 PM »

Just watched the first 45 mins of 'The Road'

Was bored as hell and turned it off.............
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 14, 2010, 07:16:05 PM »

THE ROAD

Well ... not sure where to start tbh ... not having read the book I had nothing to compare the film too, but had read from others that it was very true to the written version.

The film is bleak, but what else could it be given the story ... basically it is a post apocalyptic relationship story between a father and son, their journey to the south coast in search of warmer weather is the whole film.

It is pretty hard viewing at times and deffo one to avoid if you are on any sort of anti depressants !  they should check you for sharp objects at the ticket office to reduce any chances of people self harming !

The lad that plays the son plays a fantastic part, in fact the whole cast were really good and believable ... Robert Duvall's cameo as an old man that they meet along the way is just superbly acted.

There was one scene where some fella had nicked all of the Father and Sons possessions, and after catching up with him, the Father makes him strip ... very very powerful acting.

Not a film for thrill seekers, no real action, no twists and turns, and no hollywood ending ... but it was a powerful and compelling film and certainly a film that I wont forget in a hurry ... would thoroughly recommend this film, but make sure you are in the right frame of mind to watch it.

Great film Woodsey ... give it another go imo.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 14, 2010, 07:25:57 PM »

THE ROAD

Well ... not sure where to start tbh ... not having read the book I had nothing to compare the film too, but had read from others that it was very true to the written version.

The film is bleak, but what else could it be given the story ... basically it is a post apocalyptic relationship story between a father and son, their journey to the south coast in search of warmer weather is the whole film.

It is pretty hard viewing at times and deffo one to avoid if you are on any sort of anti depressants !  they should check you for sharp objects at the ticket office to reduce any chances of people self harming !

The lad that plays the son plays a fantastic part, in fact the whole cast were really good and believable ... Robert Duvall's cameo as an old man that they meet along the way is just superbly acted.

There was one scene where some fella had nicked all of the Father and Sons possessions, and after catching up with him, the Father makes him strip ... very very powerful acting.

Not a film for thrill seekers, no real action, no twists and turns, and no hollywood ending ... but it was a powerful and compelling film and certainly a film that I wont forget in a hurry ... would thoroughly recommend this film, but make sure you are in the right frame of mind to watch it.

Great film Woodsey ... give it another go imo.

Not sure mate just too slow for me, we will see..............
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 14, 2010, 07:55:39 PM »

if you like films about nutters then L'instinct de mort and L'ennemi public No. 1 about french gangster jacques mesrine are worth a watch. guy was a total mentalist

If you don't mind subtitles check out "Une Prophete" a french prison film about a young lad of Arabic descent who goes inside and gets mixed up with the Corsican mafia,one of the best films i've seen in ages.It was nominated for best foreign film at this years oscars.

shy bairns get nowt
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 14, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »

Just watching 'The Damned Utd' again, did Muhammed Ali really say that clip about Clough??

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 14, 2010, 11:54:45 PM »

Just watched Shutter Island and it's the first film that i've though that it would have been better if they'd left the ending where the audience weren't 100% sure what had happened. Really enjoyed it (apart from finding mental asylums freaky)  and i went from thinking it was really predictable to not knowing what was going on pretty quickly.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 15, 2010, 09:11:17 AM »

if you like films about nutters then L'instinct de mort and L'ennemi public No. 1 about french gangster jacques mesrine are worth a watch. guy was a total mentalist

If you don't mind subtitles check out "Une Prophete" a french prison film about a young lad of Arabic descent who goes inside and gets mixed up with the Corsican mafia,one of the best films i've seen in ages.It was nominated for best foreign film at this years oscars.

I'll have a look, don't mind subtitles as long as the film is good as you tend to forget it's subtitled. generally a nice break from hollywood

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 15, 2010, 06:03:54 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR_QVsMVMAU&feature=popt00us08

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1136 on: March 16, 2010, 04:11:40 PM »

Just watching 'The Damned Utd' again, did Muhammed Ali really say that clip about Clough??

Yep, I saw it on a separate documentary
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 21, 2010, 03:37:56 PM »

Loads of good stuff out at the moment, some of which will probably be replaced with garbage over Easter.

Just seen I Love You, Philip Morris and this should go straight to the top of any films-to-see list imo. Top class. Never been a major Jim Carrey fan but he's superb in this, likewise Ewan McGregor.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 21, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

Loads of good stuff out at the moment, some of which will probably be replaced with garbage over Easter.

Just seen I Love You, Philip Morris and this should go straight to the top of any films-to-see list imo. Top class. Never been a major Jim Carrey fan but he's superb in this, likewise Ewan McGregor.

Yeah like the look of that film ... did some net searching about the main man as it is based on a true story (loosely)

Still need to see Shutter Island and Lovely bones.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 24, 2010, 08:56:48 PM »

Shutter Island, wtf was that about? please help explain it to one dumb ass female, I thought i was understanding it then whosssh, totally lost the hole plot.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: