blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 621819 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: November 19, 2010, 01:39:11 AM »

catching up on a couple of movies

book of eli- even though the twist wasn't really a twist and was pretty obvious from about 5 minutes in I thought this was awesome. need to watch it again to catch bits I missed I think

2012- shame the world didn't end before they made this crock of shit. doubt I cba to watch the last hour and a half

For your sanity just dont.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 19, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »

Eddie Izzard documentary - fantastic. 10/10. Top class.

Burke and Hare - burke and meh imo.

Is this new or is it the believe documentary that was on bbc about a year ago ?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 20, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »

Yep, it's the Believe thingy. Didn't know it was shown on BBC. Just know it's out on DVD on Monday and is up for an Emmy.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 20, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »

Yep, it's the Believe thingy. Didn't know it was shown on BBC. Just know it's out on DVD on Monday and is up for an Emmy.

I might be getting it confused with something else,I'll get a hold of it.I'm not really that keen on his comedy although he's pretty good;the marathons he did was abs incred though.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 20, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »

Had to laugh at this "pain" review on Metacritic of the new Potter movie:

"This is easily the most boring movie of the year. Choosing to split this movie up into two parts, the first part a murderous crawl, was a horrible idea. Words cannot begin to describe how much I hated 'Deathly Hallows.' The movie is wrought with the labor of a convoluted setup without any sort of retribution. It doesn't even feel like a movie."

"This is one of those rare movies where the boredom illicited in my body transforms into crippling excruciating pain. Yes. Pain. This movie caused me physical painful discomfort just watching it. First off, the movie is two hours long. Read the title of the movie. Deathly Hallows. PART 1. It has taken this studio two hours to tell only THE FIRST HALF of a single book."

doogan

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 20, 2010, 08:22:32 PM »

link for the new harry potter,

its a stream rather than download but good quality.

http://www.playhd.org/C6MjLQ

this one is a little better

http://xtshare.com/toshare.php?Id=55461#

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:27:32 PM by doogan » Logged

<--------------- prick
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:27 AM »

New Potter is excellent. Far better than the rest. The kids can actually act, the dialogue and time on the run is far less laboured than the book and the artistic license hasn't massacred the subtleties of the plot like in most of the other films.

Part II should be amazing.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 21, 2010, 05:00:19 AM »

+1 on what Baron said ^.

Enjoyed it. They can actually act really well now which i guess isn't surprising all the years they have spent with Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter and many more. It was funny aswell which was an unexpected bonus.

I wouldn't describe it as a brilliant film because there was no big incred ending but its not like anyone signed up for an ending, its clearly part 1 of a 2 part film/book. While i would only describe this one as "quite good", i have no doubts at all that the last one in July will be breathtakingly brilliant.

Also to digress somewhat, shut up Sledge you clown, all you do on this thread/the TV show thread is get in your head that you don't like something without seeing it first and then do your utmost to find the worst review possible on the internet about it no matter how disreputable the source. Some of your contributions (Breaking Bad/The Walking Dead) are top notch but the majority useless and just hating shows/films for no reason at all.

I could just about tolerate you abusing Lost and Prison break but Harry Potter is stepping over the line mate.

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 21, 2010, 08:57:49 AM »

+1 on what Baron said ^.

Enjoyed it. They can actually act really well now which i guess isn't surprising all the years they have spent with Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter and many more. It was funny aswell which was an unexpected bonus.

I wouldn't describe it as a brilliant film because there was no big incred ending but its not like anyone signed up for an ending, its clearly part 1 of a 2 part film/book. While i would only describe this one as "quite good", i have no doubts at all that the last one in July will be breathtakingly brilliant.

Also to digress somewhat, shut up Sledge you clown, all you do on this thread/the TV show thread is get in your head that you don't like something without seeing it first and then do your utmost to find the worst review possible on the internet about it no matter how disreputable the source. Some of your contributions (Breaking Bad/The Walking Dead) are top notch but the majority useless and just hating shows/films for no reason at all.

I could just about tolerate you abusing Lost and Prison break but Harry Potter is stepping over the line mate.

Look m8, im not going to start watch a never ending series of kids films that are like 2.5 hours each, especially when I see reviews like the one I posted.

Prison Break deserved all the abuse it got after the first 2 great seasons, Lost was just a wind up...useless reviews? I dont see any others i've posted.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1404 on: November 21, 2010, 08:58:52 AM »

I saw the new version of the Karate Kid last night and loved it. It was a very respectful remake which had the right amount of nods to the first one and new elements. Both leads were very good and had a believable chemistry together and the action was very very impressive, in fact quite brutal for a kids film. The one Jackie Chan fight scene was very entertaining and Will Smiths son is going to look like a complete clone of his dad once he gets to adulthood.

Well worth a watch if you liked the original or have kids.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 21, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »

I saw the new version of the Karate Kid last night and loved it. It was a very respectful remake which had the right amount of nods to the first one and new elements. Both leads were very good and had a believable chemistry together and the action was very very impressive, in fact quite brutal for a kids film. The one Jackie Chan fight scene was very entertaining and Will Smiths son is going to look like a complete clone of his dad once he gets to adulthood.

Well worth a watch if you liked the original or have kids.

I said the same earlier in the thread, really enjoyed it.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1406 on: November 21, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »

Saw Deathly Hallows on Friday. Enjoyed it. Very close to the book, which is nice. Dragged a bit occasionally, but for a 2.5hr film it was well paced most of the time. Some quote funny moments that I wasn't expecting.

Last film I'm hoping is shorter. Given where this one finished (about 2/3 through the book), the last one is basically breaking into Gringotts and the Hogwarts battle. Stretching those out for 2.5hrs would be too much, IMHO.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1407 on: November 22, 2010, 07:50:30 AM »

Deathly Hallows depressed the shit out of me, it really did, its amazing to think of it as a childrens film. Basically it was like some horrific saw esque horror where they would occassionally break the tension by calling something a wiggly jiggly or someink.

I understand its role in the series and that is to set the scene for the finale, and to that end it worked as I cant wait for the last one, but it made me realise that my fave things about the Potter films are Malfoy, Rickman, Coltrane, Voldamore etc etc, all of whom are not in it that much.

Still good tho, just quite depressing.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1408 on: November 22, 2010, 08:07:18 AM »

Oh and while I am at it, I saw Close Encounters of the Third Kind for the first time properly this weekend, only took me 31 years, I really liked it.

So there
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:21 PM »

Unstoppable, yep, as good as Claudia Wankleman is bad on Film 2010.

Nailbiting, euphoric, Denzel, good enough for me.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: