blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617589 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3690 on: December 02, 2019, 01:31:01 PM »

Agreed , i really enjoy your reviews.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: December 02, 2019, 01:39:56 PM »

Agreed , i really enjoy your reviews.

#MeToo

Ah! The element of surprise
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: December 02, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »

Not so much here Smiley

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: December 02, 2019, 03:03:19 PM »

lol thanks all.. appreciated..even Chompys lugubrious comments..

Like most I do love my movies and enjoy the odd write up.. and if you guys get something out of it all the better

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: December 02, 2019, 08:28:09 PM »

21 Bridges

Same old "corrupt cops setting up an innocent" plotline, but this one had some nice ideas and some real edge of the seat moments - and the benefit of a new face (to me, at least) doing a solid job in the lead role. 7/10

The Good Liar

Surprised to see Dame Helen involved in such a transparently plotted film, but there were still sufficient moments of enjoyment to look this one up. It's always a pleasure to see London on the theatre screen, and there's enough interesting sub-plots and performances from the supporting cast to make it worth your time. Not one for the action junkies, though. 6/10
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: December 12, 2019, 11:55:57 AM »

The buzz surrounding Parasite continues to grow. Dig a lot of digging yesterday, but you'd imagine it won't win BPO for the same reason Roma failed last year. Especially as it's subtitled.

I've had a chunk on Boon Joon Ho for best director instead. Johnny Foreigners do well in this category these days and 11-2 seems luvverly.

Timbered hard. 7-2 from 10-1 for Best Picture.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: December 19, 2019, 04:55:44 PM »

Star Wars can do one. Just tired. Richard E. Grant terrible, plus a character on a par in the annoyance stakes with Jaja Binks. When it pops up near the end in the big fight scene with its annoying little catchphrase was when I flounced.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3697 on: December 23, 2019, 01:09:32 PM »

OK Guys, which one are you looking forward to most.

Probably Bond for me. (We have so much in common)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50336609

The older I get, the better I was.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: December 23, 2019, 01:43:10 PM »

Bill & Ted!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3699 on: December 23, 2019, 01:47:06 PM »

1917 sounds interesting

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: December 23, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »

Jojo Rabbit, 1917 (N.B.) and Parasite (Nap).

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: December 23, 2019, 04:45:26 PM »

Another Jurrasic Park ( not really just want hate mail from Chompy about it Smiley )

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: December 23, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »

I have to admit that I’m a fanboy for Daniel Craig’s Bond - the best 007 since SNP Sean - so it’s that if I’m being honest

Jojo Rabbit looked pretty amazing from the preview, though, but for a proper war film it has to be 1917
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: December 23, 2019, 05:18:51 PM »

6 Underground

Another direct Netflix offering with a certain Michael Bay at the director’s helm. Those unfamiliar with his work, we are talking Transformers, Bad Boys and Armageddon man. So this will give you some clue to what’s coming.

I became aware of this film from a couple of passing trailers that popped up on my You Tube ( man is You Tube just a rabbit hole easily disappeared down.. for fucks sake I’m watching some plonker playing Football Manager ) anyway that’s another story for a time when my analyst has a spare moment.

The trailer looked bonkers and done its job by reeling me in to its thorny grasp.. Day after its premier and I am adding happily to the Netflix counter.

The premise is some Billionaire tech type guy is fed up seeing the real evil dudes of the world, third world dictators mainly, getting away with err literal murder. So much he decides to form his own elite squad to take these guys down, stepping in with guns and Special Forces tactics where politics and diplomacy has failed. Seems fair enough. So he and his entire team fake their own deaths and become ‘Ghosts’..

So now we have got the preposterous premise out of the way.. Can we get on with blowing things up please?

Some of you may know Mr Bays MO.. He fills the screen with beautiful people, beautiful things, cars boats etc. and then blows them up or kills them in many varied and wonderful ways.

I can imagine the meeting when this was thought up... more cocaine Mr Bay?... the film is just relentless, in your face action.. You just need to park your brain in neutral and let it roll over you like the juggernaut it is. To be fair some of the set pieces are stunning action sequences, particularly the opening car chase.. High powered sports cars being driven to the limit in narrow built up areas of Florence with little care for themselves, pedestrians or in one particular instance Nuns. The stunts are spectacular and will have you wincing at the impacts generated.

Ryan Reynolds takes the lead surrounded by a cast of equally beautiful people we all wish we could be and all who happen to have skill sets akin to a ninja turtle crossed with an SAS trooper. All are suitably cool, dress beautifully and witty beyond reproach. Reynolds gives another quasi Deadpool performance. I’m not sure if I am tiring of this yet.. But I enjoy the cool one liners usually containing the word M----R F-CK-R.. His not quite Samuel Jackson cool, but his good enough.

Two hours blows by in a hail of screaming bullets and loud bangs and all in all it wasn't too bad of an experience. The production is high end and the stunt people earnt their money on this one

Overall 6/10 for all us action junkie Neanderthal’s that can press the play button with our hairy knuckles

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: December 23, 2019, 09:58:18 PM »

6 Underground

Another direct Netflix offering with a certain Michael Bay at the director’s helm. Those unfamiliar with his work, we are talking Transformers, Bad Boys and Armageddon man. So this will give you some clue to what’s coming.

I became aware of this film from a couple of passing trailers that popped up on my You Tube ( man is You Tube just a rabbit hole easily disappeared down.. for fucks sake I’m watching some plonker playing Football Manager ) anyway that’s another story for a time when my analyst has a spare moment.

The trailer looked bonkers and done its job by reeling me in to its thorny grasp.. Day after its premier and I am adding happily to the Netflix counter.

The premise is some Billionaire tech type guy is fed up seeing the real evil dudes of the world, third world dictators mainly, getting away with err literal murder. So much he decides to form his own elite squad to take these guys down, stepping in with guns and Special Forces tactics where politics and diplomacy has failed. Seems fair enough. So he and his entire team fake their own deaths and become ‘Ghosts’..

So now we have got the preposterous premise out of the way.. Can we get on with blowing things up please?

Some of you may know Mr Bays MO.. He fills the screen with beautiful people, beautiful things, cars boats etc. and then blows them up or kills them in many varied and wonderful ways.

I can imagine the meeting when this was thought up... more cocaine Mr Bay?... the film is just relentless, in your face action.. You just need to park your brain in neutral and let it roll over you like the juggernaut it is. To be fair some of the set pieces are stunning action sequences, particularly the opening car chase.. High powered sports cars being driven to the limit in narrow built up areas of Florence with little care for themselves, pedestrians or in one particular instance Nuns. The stunts are spectacular and will have you wincing at the impacts generated.

Ryan Reynolds takes the lead surrounded by a cast of equally beautiful people we all wish we could be and all who happen to have skill sets akin to a ninja turtle crossed with an SAS trooper. All are suitably cool, dress beautifully and witty beyond reproach. Reynolds gives another quasi Deadpool performance. I’m not sure if I am tiring of this yet.. But I enjoy the cool one liners usually containing the word M----R F-CK-R.. His not quite Samuel Jackson cool, but his good enough.

Two hours blows by in a hail of screaming bullets and loud bangs and all in all it wasn't too bad of an experience. The production is high end and the stunt people earnt their money on this one

Overall 6/10 for all us action junkie Neanderthal’s that can press the play button with our hairy knuckles

I'm much the same, can happily watch action, but thought this failed to live up to it's promo promise. at best a 4/10 for me.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: