blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617679 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: January 16, 2020, 10:16:34 PM »

Well sayed Luke!

Lowest common denominator is right.

It is to the Star Wars cereal what Fallen Kingdom was to Jurassic Park.

Multiplex moron fodder.

Does giving it 6/10 fajitas proclude future movie reviews please?

Daisy Ridley is shit btw. Can't act.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: January 16, 2020, 10:17:40 PM »

Been looking forward to Uncut Gems. Heard it's Sandler's best work for ages.

Also, Parasite comes out tomorrow. Bring it on!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: January 17, 2020, 07:11:40 AM »

Sissy is right that some of the dialogue is frantic at times in Uncut gems but for me it just added to the sense of chaotic descent to howard. Really liked this film.. 8/10 franky and benny Burgers from me

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: January 17, 2020, 07:12:56 AM »

Nb. No one should be put off Little Women by the poor review from a man who things it's OK to walk out of the house in leisure wear.

sola virtus nobilitat
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: January 17, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »

Uncut Gems

Oh we are on a roll here and more to come..

Uncut Gems came to my attention by popping up on my You Tube. This is starting to become a familiar tale, bloody You Tube! … Damn your heathen recommends..

Adam Sandler takes the lead as a Jewish Jewelry dealer in New York with a rather nasty gambling habit which as we join the tale is plunging him further and further into dark corners he is struggling to get out of.
Sandler’s character is on a constant roller coaster of ducking and diving and avoiding people he owes money to, think Del boy inside a loud mouthed, confrontational New Yorkers body. Howard ( Sandler ) is chasing the elusive big score and lurches from one disaster to another in its pursuit. Everybody knows Howard, everybody likes Howard even his wife who he is separated from because he is being unfaithful with a younger woman seems to still like him in her own barbed way.

The audience kinds of likes him, has sympathy with his troubles but there is still that underlying feeling that he is a bit of a scumbag although we do still hope he comes good.

There seems to be an awful lot of screaming and shouting at each other in this movie, so much so it actually became annoying, fortunately it rectified a bit for the third act and the story settled in to be interesting and engaging.

There has been a lot of talk on this film and mention of Sandler being up for an Oscar. To be fair his turn is very good although you still get a tang of Happy Gilmore in there. This isn’t a comedy, more a dramatic portrayal of, in all honesty a pretty loathsome man who for some reason has qualities that allow you to overlook his cheating and lying.

Overall I enjoyed it, parts ( the screaming and shouting over each other mainly ) were taxing to my old man conservative mind but it managed to get over the line with more pluses than negatives. Definitely worth a watch, I have a feeling this will be a marmite film.. Love it or hate it no in betweens

Solid 6/10 Fajitas no nacho starter

This at the cinema?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: January 17, 2020, 12:46:50 PM »

Uncut Gems

Oh we are on a roll here and more to come..

Uncut Gems came to my attention by popping up on my You Tube. This is starting to become a familiar tale, bloody You Tube! … Damn your heathen recommends..

Adam Sandler takes the lead as a Jewish Jewelry dealer in New York with a rather nasty gambling habit which as we join the tale is plunging him further and further into dark corners he is struggling to get out of.
Sandler’s character is on a constant roller coaster of ducking and diving and avoiding people he owes money to, think Del boy inside a loud mouthed, confrontational New Yorkers body. Howard ( Sandler ) is chasing the elusive big score and lurches from one disaster to another in its pursuit. Everybody knows Howard, everybody likes Howard even his wife who he is separated from because he is being unfaithful with a younger woman seems to still like him in her own barbed way.

The audience kinds of likes him, has sympathy with his troubles but there is still that underlying feeling that he is a bit of a scumbag although we do still hope he comes good.

There seems to be an awful lot of screaming and shouting at each other in this movie, so much so it actually became annoying, fortunately it rectified a bit for the third act and the story settled in to be interesting and engaging.

There has been a lot of talk on this film and mention of Sandler being up for an Oscar. To be fair his turn is very good although you still get a tang of Happy Gilmore in there. This isn’t a comedy, more a dramatic portrayal of, in all honesty a pretty loathsome man who for some reason has qualities that allow you to overlook his cheating and lying.

Overall I enjoyed it, parts ( the screaming and shouting over each other mainly ) were taxing to my old man conservative mind but it managed to get over the line with more pluses than negatives. Definitely worth a watch, I have a feeling this will be a marmite film.. Love it or hate it no in betweens

Solid 6/10 Fajitas no nacho starter

This at the cinema?

netflix

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: January 17, 2020, 12:47:08 PM »

Well sayed Luke!

Lowest common denominator is right.

It is to the Star Wars cereal what Fallen Kingdom was to Jurassic Park.

Multiplex moron fodder.

Does giving it 6/10 fajitas proclude future movie reviews please?

Daisy Ridley is shit btw. Can't act.

loool

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: January 19, 2020, 01:28:59 PM »

For any cricket fans ‘The Edge’ is worth a look in.....it’s on Netflix.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: January 19, 2020, 01:34:43 PM »

Fantastic this. Saw it on a BA flight a while back. Eyeopening stuff.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3729 on: January 19, 2020, 01:34:55 PM »

IMDB link please

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: January 19, 2020, 01:36:53 PM »

IMDB link please

What did your last slave die of?    Tongue
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3731 on: January 19, 2020, 02:55:44 PM »

Shot for insubordination.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3732 on: January 19, 2020, 03:47:24 PM »

IMDB link please

What did your last slave die of?    Tongue

i had a look but it was not on there.

Perhaps you got the title wrong ?

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: January 19, 2020, 03:57:32 PM »

IMDB link please

What did your last slave die of?    Tongue

i had a look but it was not on there.

Perhaps you got the title wrong ?

Here you go.....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9780416/
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3734 on: January 19, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »

TY

Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: