blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 02:30:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  "That's poker"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "That's poker"  (Read 3698 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »

After I rivered an open ender yesterday versus an oppos overpair, the guy I had sucked out on started the normal 'you fishy ****' etc.. etc...

So I asked him why he only bet £20 into a c£70 pot on the turn.

His reply :

'I knew you were fishing so I kept it small to keep you in'.

Personally I hate 'OMFG' - makes me picture overweight Americans sitting open-mouthed staring in disbelief.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »

Last week a guy called my A-K all-in with J-Q and shouted to his mate that he was "flipping". He then turned to me and said don't you just hate these 50-50's. I was already reaching for my coat at this point.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »

Few weeks ago in a game at gutshot one guy was playing every hand just spewing money everywhere but got all in a few times when he picked up half a draw etc. A double gutshot to him was top set.

Every time all in he kept saying 'I deserve to win cos I'm the only one at this table brave enough to play these sh1t hands'.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 03:02:33 PM »

"phew" is the worst when they are the ones on a draw.  "phew" should be left fr when you have TPTK or a set vs a combo 14outer, and you fade.

"phew" should be kept for the times where you are ahead and fade a big draw.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »

Anyone else find this to be the most irritating expression in the world? Always written by some buffoon with no sense of shame in the chat box.
Last night, after being rivered by a one-outer when numbnuts made quads over my set (50p sent), I offered my "surprise" in the chat, only to be met with "That's poker". I could have thrown the lappie out of the window.

Er.. If numbnuts made quads, doesn't that mean that he also had a set?

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 03:16:23 PM »

I hate when big stacks are sitting there moaning about being 'card dead' just because they haven't been all in in the last 10 minutes.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 03:19:16 PM »

At the cricket on Friday I found myself shouting 'Ship it' when Kevin Pietersen smashed a boundary....
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 03:43:40 PM »

Worst one I find in online poker are people who say "ty" unprompted, man does this tilt me, it always some complete fish who wakes up with aq on the bubble. When i shove atc and they win a 65/35 and they think i have done them some favour.
SuffolkPunch
Fish

Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »

Anyone else find this to be the most irritating expression in the world? Always written by some buffoon with no sense of shame in the chat box.
Last night, after being rivered by a one-outer when numbnuts made quads over my set (50p sent), I offered my "surprise" in the chat, only to be met with "That's poker". I could have thrown the lappie out of the window.

Er.. If numbnuts made quads, doesn't that mean that he also had a set?

yes - I had the higher set and he called all stack on flop, so 50p payment justified

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 04:26:45 PM »

At the cricket on Friday I found myself shouting 'Ship it' when Kevin Pietersen smashed a boundary....

... and 'fk my life' when Vaughn was dismissed.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 06:35:10 PM »

Worst one I find in online poker are people who say "ty" unprompted, man does this tilt me, it always some complete fish who wakes up with aq on the bubble. When i shove atc and they win a 65/35 and they think i have done them some favour.

indeed..this is the sort of thing that makes me want to punch people...well this and puppies.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 06:42:24 PM »

the single greatest asset to tilting someone online who is close to the edge. i have a "thankyou so much" script setup hehe.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »

indeed..this is the sort of thing that makes me want to punch people...well this and puppies.

punching puppies is just wrong!!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 06:48:33 PM »

punching puppies is just wrong!!

How could you not want to punch this?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: