blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:33:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Drugs in poker
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drugs in poker  (Read 72667 times)
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 15, 2008, 03:03:05 PM »

Yes that's a fair point, but hypothetically there could be a limit set on how much of a certain drug people could buy in a given timeframe.  Obviously that would be complicated.  So it seems perhaps that it's not the drugs that are dangerous but that the people make them dangerous because they are not responsible enough to use them.  I hate this big brother thing the government seems hellbent on doing, but maybe they need to because society is too stupid to look after itself.

P.S I don't think drugs such as heroin and cocaine should be legallised purely because of their extreme addictive properties, but stuff like Esctasy has an undeservedly bad reputation due to contamination etc.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 15, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »

Yes that's a fair point, but hypothetically there could be a limit set on how much of a certain drug people could buy in a given timeframe.

...coz we wouldn't want to put all the dealers completely out of a job.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: August 15, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »

Yes that's a fair point, but hypothetically there could be a limit set on how much of a certain drug people could buy in a given timeframe.  Obviously that would be complicated.  

No it's not, In Holland we've done this for ages. You can only buy X amount in a coffeeshop at a time. ( If I remember correctly it's 2.5 grams) that works fine.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 15, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »

For cannabis yes, but it's pretty difficult to overdose on weed.  You just whitey and that's that.  But for other drugs, say they decided to legalise ecstasy, I'd imagine it's a lot easier to overdose on that, and what's to stop someone going to one shop, buying X amount, and then going to another shop and buying another X amount.  It's all about whether people would be responsible enough not to, but at the same time I guess it's similar to them limiting the amount of painkillers you can buy in any given shop.

Anyway, I'm for legalisation.  Why am I putting obstacles in the way!!

WYSINWYG

MPD sufferer. (+2 Hidden)

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:35 PM »

For cannabis yes, but it's pretty difficult to overdose on weed.  You just whitey and that's that.  But for other drugs, say they decided to legalise ecstasy, I'd imagine it's a lot easier to overdose on that, and what's to stop someone going to one shop, buying X amount, and then going to another shop and buying another X amount.  It's all about whether people would be responsible enough not to, but at the same time I guess it's similar to them limiting the amount of painkillers you can buy in any given shop.

Yes, they currently have a similar system of limitation on the purchase of Paracetamol, you can only buy a certain amount in one store. This is to put a serious obstacle in the way of those considering buying large quantities in order to kill themselves. The downside is loss of Boots Advantage Points, obv.

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: August 15, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

Yes, they currently have a similar system of limitation on the purchase of Paracetamol, you can only buy a certain amount in one store. This is to put a serious obstacle in the way of those considering buying large quantities in order to kill themselves. The downside is loss of Boots Advantage Points, obv.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
wader leg

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »

Yes, they currently have a similar system of limitation on the purchase of Paracetamol, you can only buy a certain amount in one store. This is to put a serious obstacle in the way of those considering buying large quantities in order to kill themselves.

Bollocks

Sealed Knot Society, let's see you do this one.
Luton Town V Millwall 1985
WYSINWYG

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2008, 08:03:36 PM »

Yes, they currently have a similar system of limitation on the purchase of Paracetamol, you can only buy a certain amount in one store. This is to put a serious obstacle in the way of those considering buying large quantities in order to kill themselves.

Bollocks

They also sell irony supplements.

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.
wader leg

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »

Bollocks

Lol missed that.

Seeing as a lot of your posts on this thread, even when you offer links as evidence, are to my mind bollocks and not consistent with peoples actual experiences of the subject being discussed I assumed you were being serious when you posted.
For my benefit could you please use a smiley next time you are being sarcastic
 Smiley

WYSINWYG

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 15, 2008, 09:38:21 PM »

Bollocks

Lol missed that.

Seeing as a lot of your posts on this thread, even when you offer links as evidence, are to my mind bollocks and not consistent with peoples actual experiences of the subject being discussed I assumed you were being serious when you posted.
For my benefit could you please use a smiley next time you are being sarcastic
 Smiley
It did cross my mind at the time, but I decided to leave it out and let nature take its course.

Smiley

My grandfather was about to take drugs to help with his Parkinsons disease but since """most of the literature posted on the drug trials and disease are to my mind bollocks and not consistent with peoples actual experience of the subject being discussed, he decided they were bollocks and stuck to the Horlicks."""

What trials that I listed do you dispute and why? Why do you choose people's subjective reports of the drug risk and why? Which people do you choose as your sample? Do you consult people with mental illness and see what they think? If you were put in a job which required you to apply science to determine the relationship between cannabis/similar and the possible associated health risks, how would you go about it and why would you choose a method different from the strategies outlined by the scientists quoted in the links I submitted?

WYSINWYG

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 15, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »

*I am in no way condoning the use of Ecstasy in my last post.

wader leg

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 15, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »

What trials that I listed do you dispute and why? Why do you choose people's subjective reports of the drug risk and why? Which people do you choose as your sample? Do you consult people with mental illness and see what they think? If you were put in a job which required you to apply science to determine the relationship between cannabis/similar and the possible associated health risks, how would you go about it and why would you choose a method different from the strategies outlined by the scientists quoted in the links I submitted?

That's an exam question. Do your own homework, you'll only be cheating yourself if you get me to do it for you. Smiley

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2008, 02:30:30 AM »

Is Claw's addiction physical, or mental ?  Does it matter ?

the caffeine thing is definitely physical.  I first noticed it after I'd run out of diet coke and didn't get out to buy any more - didn't feel a need to as I didn't realise until I wasn't drinking it the effect that not having it would take.  In fact it took me a while to realise that the reason I was so restless and irritable was because I hadn't had any diet coke in a bit.  Scary stuff really.

But are you likely to cut down, and wean yourself off it ?

Or cut it out completely ?

Or just carry on taking it, just making sure you keep your 'supplies' up ?

the last one Smiley

I used to drink regular coke Boldie - too much of it.  Landed me in hospital with a nasty kidney infection when I was younger though Shocked

Diet coke really is just as bad (actually worse)
Regular coke much better for your performance, if you're learning something.

Ideally the body wants and needs plain water. Room temperature and little and often.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2008, 10:03:36 AM »

Is Claw's addiction physical, or mental ?  Does it matter ?

the caffeine thing is definitely physical.  I first noticed it after I'd run out of diet coke and didn't get out to buy any more - didn't feel a need to as I didn't realise until I wasn't drinking it the effect that not having it would take.  In fact it took me a while to realise that the reason I was so restless and irritable was because I hadn't had any diet coke in a bit.  Scary stuff really.

But are you likely to cut down, and wean yourself off it ?

Or cut it out completely ?

Or just carry on taking it, just making sure you keep your 'supplies' up ?

the last one Smiley

I used to drink regular coke Boldie - too much of it.  Landed me in hospital with a nasty kidney infection when I was younger though Shocked

Diet coke really is just as bad (actually worse)
Regular coke much better for your performance, if you're learning something.

Ideally the body wants and needs plain water. Room temperature and little and often.

But it's OK to just drink it, right?

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »

have you got any links about this? I've googled but could only find weird mumbo jumbo stuff like you shouldn't drink water during the 2 hours before you go to bed
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: