blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  harrington on hold em V 3
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: harrington on hold em V 3  (Read 1445 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2008, 06:17:29 PM »

anyone read the third volume? some of his explanations are ballshit, particularly scenario 4 and 6 to begin with. Anyone else feel the same?

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:47:25 AM »

anyone read the third volume? some of his explanations are ballshit, particularly scenario 4 and 6 to begin with. Anyone else feel the same?

read all his work, tbh i disagree with most of what he says but id guess at least 20% of players use his ideas as a foundation so pretty useful to have an idea of how they play, even if it doesn nothing for your particular game.
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »

read all his work, tbh i disagree with most of what he says but id guess at least 20% of players use his ideas as a foundation so pretty useful to have an idea of how they play, even if it doesn nothing for your particular game.

Do you think it's bad, or just out of date with the 'new' way of playing?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »

I think it does a reasonable job at stimulating hand-reading skills in people lacking any, but i re-read it a while ago and its pretty ridiculous in a huge number of examples. Deffo good reading for those new to poker, but their general strategies are way too exploitable imo.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 06:02:06 PM »

I think it does a reasonable job at stimulating hand-reading skills in people lacking any, but i re-read it a while ago and its pretty ridiculous in a huge number of examples. Deffo good reading for those new to poker, but their general strategies are way too exploitable imo.

I re-read it recently and was thinking something similar, liked it when i read it a few years ago but i'd struggle to see an experienced tournament player deriving any real benefit from it, that being said i was far from being an accomplished tournament player when i first read it and def advocate any poker newbie giving it a whirl, it wont do any harm.
FuglyBaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »

I re-read it recently and was thinking something similar, liked it when i read it a few years ago but i'd struggle to see an experienced tournament player deriving any real benefit from it, that being said i was far from being an accomplished tournament player when i first read it and def advocate any poker newbie giving it a whirl, it wont do any harm.

This would be the book for beginners on poker, whereas Gus Hansens book may be for advanced players perhaps.

Some of the examples in Harringtons vol 3 tend to contradict each other too, which is odd.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 12:40:11 AM »

Hansens book is pure quality.

Harringtons book is greay basics.

If your average opponent played by harringtons book, they wood be 235.6 percent better.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 12:41:13 AM »

cant be that drunk, already realised i cant spell would!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 01:57:14 PM »

cant be that drunk, already realised i cant spell would!

Or greay. Whatever that's meant to be?

Or use apostrofys.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: