blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 2: At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 2: At A Glance  (Read 12795 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 08:07:04 PM »

Meanwhile Paul Gourlay took a few from Mick McCloskey, and then gave them back to Andrew Tuxworth.  At least he knew when his had been outflopped by Tuxworth's (the board had come before he could bring himself to fold, which he did, face up, in disgust).  Rather than take this excellent chance to push Paul into the Tilt Well, Andrew Tuxworth showed him, entirely voluntarily, the AK, which seems a waste of a perfectly annoying situation to me Wink

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 08:09:12 PM »

Double up for Richard Hawes, he was all-in with against Tom RUtter's in the most topsy-turvy of hands.

(Tom's head sinks)

And now he has the nut straight except...

Tom, "This game is so sick."

Richard rivers the nut-flush to get a much needed double up. Tom still very comfortable with way above average.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »

Scott Yeates is OUT in 15th spot after two nasty ones...

First off he managed to double up a stubborn who wouldn't pass to a preflop re-raise which Yeates made with (the King made an appearance to knock the American very short).  He got a couple of all in moves through, before giving it another go after Andrew Tuxworth limped preflop.  It was neighbour Paul Gourlay, however, who gave him the spin with two spades, well behind Yeates' .
Flop: 
Turn and river:   But I don't think Scott Yeates really saw these as he was wordlessly getting up, making his way to the cashier and what looked a lot like buying straight in to the £300!  Scott:  I salute both your calm temperament and your degenerate streak.  PS. You get a bonus lovely cashier in this photo, as Yeates didn't look like an exit photo-op was what would make him happiest.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »

Tom Rutter raises to 5,200 and Paul Murphy flat-calls on the button. LeKnave moves all-in from the big blind for a total of about 35,000. Tom Rutter thinks for a moment before folding, Murphy tanks for a couple of minutes before announcing, "Call."

LeKnave:
Murphy: An almost slowrollerish

three diamonds

LeKnave = gutted.

Tom Rutter incidentally passed fours and almost was thinking of pushing, "If he thinks that long for Jacks, I can probably get him to fold by shoving!"

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »

Richard Berridge busts in 13th place:

After re-raises had got rid of Snoopy on the button (he was kindly shown Queens by the small blind) and Nik Hicks on the other table (Hawes the bb pusher showed him absolutely nothing), a re-raise from Richard Berridge caused a big pot which he lost to Paul Gourlay.  Gourlay had made it 7,300 under the gun, and when it came to Richard, he just made the all-in sign, called immediately, this time.
Richard: 
Paul: 
Board:  Two Clubs two spades and one of the main aggressors on the table gives a pretty good stack to the other.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 08:41:49 PM »

CHIP COUNTS:

Andrew Tuxworth   12   2   206400
Paul Gourlay   12   9   158600
Nichiei Hicks   14   5   147700
Paul Murphy   14   2   146800
Scott Byron   12   3   121600
Tom Rutter   14   9   105000
Mick McCloskey   12   1   90800
John Sadler   14   1   86800
Przemek Rusin   14   8   81900
Darren Chadwick   12   7   65600
Richard Hawes   14   7   61700
Adam Goulding   12   5   48700
Richard Berridge   12   4   40300  (now OUT)

And here's your chip leader, fearless Andrew Tuxworth.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:43:40 PM by Djinn » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »

A pot for Mick McCloskey.

He raises under the gun, and Paul Gourlay calls from the big blind.

Paul check/calls Mick's 10k bet.

Check check.

Two Clubs

Paul asks how much Mick has left and get the reply, "75k." Paul then bets 25k. Mick thinks for a bit before calling and Paul can only show the drawtacalur miss that was . Mick shows .

"I've done it again!" protests Paul, alluding to another hand where he bluffed the river after a missed draw. "But I thought, that you would think that I wouldn't make the same move again!"

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »

=

I am going to presume (sorry Snoops if this is wrong) that he moved in pre as his stack was now entering the Danger Zone.  It's possible he saw the flop with some money behind and realised it was good for him, but anyhoo...
Board: two spades Two Clubs
Snoopy:
Scott Byron: 

Result:  nearing 100k for the first time this comp.  Has his serious face on, although he's dancing to the Holiday Rap on the inside.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »

Former chip leader John Sadler has gradually lost his chips. His hands have seemingly dried up and at the moment he's in the process of calling a lot of raises before check/folding most flops. This has seen his stack, having hit the peak of almost 150k, now in a major trough, stuck with just about 50k left now and in serious danger of not making the money.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »

Stacks are still deep enough for manoeuvring which doesn't involve all-ins... as proven by Scott Byron calling a McCloskey big blind re-raise preflop, only to fold on the flop when Mick threw in a nonchalant 25k...

Snoopy, too, got involved, having made it 7,200 to go in mid position, Paul Gourlay made it 19k total on the button.  Snoops called, but check-folded to a 17k bet on the board.  Paul showed him for his troubles.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 09:30:11 PM »

This is the pace of play now as we're on the brink of the cusp of the edge of the lid of the corner of the bubble. Nick Hicks is probably the most active of the remaining players though Tom Rutter has also taken a couple of pots down as well, not much, if anything is going to showdown now. Still 3 players to go...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2008, 09:38:49 PM »

Tom Rutter laughs in the face of the brink of the cusp of the edge of the lid of the corner of the bubble:

He saw a threeway flop on the button of .  Big blind Nick Hicks checked, Przemek Rusin checked and Tom bet 8k.  Instapass from Hicks, but after a lengthy dwell, Rusin made the call.
Turn: three clubs  Check once again to Tom, who bet 14k now.  A much quicker call from Rusin.
River:   Check a third time.  Now Tom unflinchingly bet 24k, Rusin passed, and Rutter Jr. showed him ...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »

Paul Murphy raises to 10k from the button and Richard Hawes makes the call from the big blind.

The board is checked down to the river where Murphy bets an almost pot-sized 20k. Hawes thinks for around 20 seconds before calling only discover Murphy with a 'got there in the end' . Hawes is now one of the shorter stacks.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 09:57:53 PM »

Big pots have threatened, but not actually reached the on-their-backs stage recently.  Andrew Tuxworth has been using his big stack to make hard-to-call bets, like the 25k he bet out into an already sizeable pot at opponent Darren Chadwick on a flop.  A long and pretty tortured decision affected Darren at this point, but he passed, reducing his stack in the process.

Then Tuxworth, having called Mick McCloskey's big blind preflop reraise, bet 30k when Mick checked a flop.  Again, the dwell, and again, the think better of it pass.  Is this unconventional player going to take down the inaugural Deepstack event?  Going to have to wait and see.  As Snoopy said, there hasn't been much to watch lately apart from players' bet sizes.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »

Scott Byron has obviously lost a huge pot to Andrew Tuxworth, as he's now down to just about 21k or so and having to survive the all-in shove and hope no-one calls. Meanwhile Tom Rutter is admitting that seat 1 (John Sadler) is tilting him due to the latter's ability to "medium connect with the flop and overshove into the pot."

"I just really want to get top pair and snap him off," admitted Tom.

Pete Linton, playing the £300, offered his opinion. "John is a Gala player, so he's used to bad structures and not this amount of chips and probably isn't experienced at playing deep-stacked poker."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: