blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 2: At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 2: At A Glance  (Read 12796 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2008, 10:17:16 PM »

Can u wish Rich Hawes good luck from Dan aka girgy85 cheers!!

Yep, he says Hi, and that you are Australian? 

He then moved all in preflop, and it looked a lot like John Sadler was going to give him a spin - the chips were counted out in neat stacks, to the hundred...but he folded. 

Not content, soon after this Sadler called Richard Hawes'  preflop raise to 8k in the blind, and they checked all the way down a board of .  Sadler then put in a minbet (3k) on the river, and with a shrug Richard paid off his .  They are both in the unenviable position of having shorter stacks than would be ideal now.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »

Mick McCloskey is out on the bubble of the bubble of the bubble. Having been re-raised constantly by Andrew Tuxworth, including a hand just previously, where McCloskey asked the dealer if he could move in position against the chip leader. McCloskey raised the button with Jacks and Tuxworth repopped him with Ace King. It predictably all went in, but fortune favoured the chip leader whose stack alone seems to dominate the table.

Snoopy even said, "He's completely tying the table in knots."

It's the bubble of the bubble time!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2008, 10:37:52 PM »

Przemek Rusin wasn't having a great level - and perhaps showing him that bluff earlier encouraged this situation which just near-felted Tom Rutter.  The two of them saw a flop of .  Rusin bet 20k, and Rutter, having, in his own words, "bided his time..." moved his whole stack over the line.  Call!
Rusin: 
Rutter: 

Turn:
River:   And a rivered flush knocked Tom down to the point where he held 100 chips more than the big blind+ ante combo he had to put in the very next hand. 

Two double through in a row which were irrelevant to the stacks which autocalled him, and he had enough to pass his button (must have been total garbage) and make it to the break... you can tell it all from his expression (just imagine the word "Sick" sotto voce too)

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 10:45:55 PM »

Chip counts - and what a discrepancy between the haves and have nots...

Andrew Tuxworth -- 363,100
Scott Byron -- 48,500
Snooooopy -- 81,700
Darren Chadwick -- 28,600
Paul Gourlay -- 211,200

John Sadler -- 94,900
Paul Murphy -- 131,200
Nichiei Hicks -- 131,500
Richard Hawes -- 38,700
Przemek Rusin -- 210,000
Tom Rutter -- 19,300

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 10:59:35 PM »

Like the Stranger says, "Sometimes you eat the bar, and, well, sometimes the bar eats you."

It's been that sort of day for Tom Rutter, who immediately moved all-in from under the gun for his last 19k or so. Richard Hawes moved all-in from the small blind.

Tom flipped whilst Richard showed .

Przemek said jokingly to Tom, "I passed two aces..."

"That's quite hilarious," was the reply.

three diamonds was the board and Tom leaves us with just 10 players left.

Stop! Bubbletime!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »

Hand for hand then... and it's predictably slow although quite gratifyingly tense, for those of us who aren't Andrew Tuxworth with his mountain of chips.  Paul Gourlay just handed him another 60k after he saw a Q-T-x flop holding Q-K...while Tuxworth found Q-T.  There's not a player on Table Leader who isn't finding him a massive headache in a threatens-whole-stack sort of way.  Snoops has an awkward stack, which he said he's probably got to commit to stop the Leader calling pre, and betting him off post...

While Andrew takes down pot after pot, and the wrinkles of concern spread across the brows of the other players, Pete Linton comes to rail.  Tuxworth spots him, points, and says, "That's the man I learned off!"   

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »

Darren Chadwick is a lucky bunny. He moved in for his last 12.2k and Paul Gourlay flat-called before American Scott Byron moved all-in. Gourlay passes A-7 and Chadwick shows three diamonds against Byron's .

But the board comes and Gourlay is upset that he'd would've won the pot and wanted to know why Scott Byron wanted to get him off, "I wanted to win the pot," was Byron's response. Paul has since apologised to Scott afterwards and admitted he was totally wrong.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2008, 11:23:33 PM »

Insult to Injury for Scott Byron, who becomes our BUBBLE FINISHER (10th place)

He might be smiling gamely but he just suffered his second 2-outer in 10 minutes to finish just outside the money.  This time it was Andrew Tuxworth who raised to 15k preflop with   - Scott moved all in with , and call! 

It had to be two Tens popping out to cement Tuxworth's claim for Luckbox of the Day, and he probably didn't notice the difference as he added the patient American's stack to his own.

Final chip counts coming...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »

Final Chip Counts are being counted.  What we know for sure is that Snoopy has snuck into the money and is getting "A special lunch before the final table starts at 3:30pm." 

Here's how he feels about that:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: