blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:18:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Play to hit a set???
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Play to hit a set???  (Read 2202 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »

If you're insisting on playing this the same as a pair of 2's then yes you have the right implied odds to call given that there are five players in the pot.

However, seeing as you've got a good hand why not re raise him. About half a pot raise should do nicely, say $10 more. It's all he deserves for his gay min raise he's just made. Chances are they'll all fold but hopefully you get a customer and can do your hand justice.

Lol, Do you think his gay min raise is weak pie? You raise he insta hoves cus he has AA. Lol We've talked about your reads before.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »

At 0.25/0.50 I really dont mind the reraise(maybe about $14-$17) but depends on initial raisers game tbh- all following limpers suggest marginals to me so thinning the field is paramount! we could be looking at JJ-AA but with the level 0.25/0.50 we can put opponents on a wider range- obviously we face a decision if we get back raised but calling off means we can ONLY really win with flopped set(or 4 to a straight)- by reraising we want to take it down, but should we get called there is still a chance we take it down on flop if it is low

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 02:21:15 AM »

This is a tricky one because the limpers mean you can't really 4bet and fold. Without reads, it's marginal. I think a shove and hope is best though. Raising some of the amounts advised in previous posts is a mistake imo.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:23:28 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 12:58:44 PM »

If you're insisting on playing this the same as a pair of 2's then yes you have the right implied odds to call given that there are five players in the pot.

However, seeing as you've got a good hand why not re raise him. About half a pot raise should do nicely, say $10 more. It's all he deserves for his gay min raise he's just made. Chances are they'll all fold but hopefully you get a customer and can do your hand justice.

Lol, Do you think his gay min raise is weak pie? You raise he insta hoves cus he has AA. Lol We've talked about your reads before.

Not weak, just gay.

If he instashoves with AA it's because he's crap and doesn't get max value out of his hands.

Are you suggesting that we set mine then? Are we automatically assuming that everyone who min raises is uber strong rather than just doing a little bit of cheeky pot building?

If the flop comes 2 5 8 are we assuming we're behind to the gay raiser because he must have aces?

We must have another chat about my reads  Grin

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »

Not weak, just gay.

If he instashoves with AA it's because he's crap and doesn't get max value out of his hands.

Are you suggesting that we set mine then? Are we automatically assuming that everyone who min raises is uber strong rather than just doing a little bit of cheeky pot building?

If the flop comes 2 5 8 are we assuming we're behind to the gay raiser because he must have aces?

Not at all! All i was suggesting is that if you think someone is week they normally have the absolute nuts! Lol, do you not no the outcome of this hand? It was a misdeal, the gay raise was because he had received 5 cards 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:06:41 PM by StuartHopkin » Logged

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »

Not at all! All i was suggesting is that if you think someone is week they normally have the absolute nuts! Lol, do you not no the outcome of this hand? It was a misdeal, the gay raise was because he had received 5 cards 

Not weak, just gay.

[   ] Stu knows how to use the quote function on Blonde

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »

This is a tricky one because the limpers mean you can't really 4bet and fold. Without reads, it's marginal. I think a shove and hope is best though. Raising some of the amounts advised in previous posts is a mistake imo.

This seems best to me now.. I did raise but got 2 callers, not the 'gay' min raiser tho Wink flop was k23 which wasn't the best .. I managed to take the pot down open shoving which I'm not sure about either as obv getting called by a K but had roughly psb left and checking just seemed weak ?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: