blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 03:09:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272982 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  PLO Hand- Top set no backup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PLO Hand- Top set no backup  (Read 1143 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 04:59:53 AM »

Arrggghhhh, getting destoyed at PLO tonight. Is this the correct play on the flop or should I flat call the RR on the flop hoping to see a safe turn card to shove? Villian is a fish who is chasing everything in sight anyway so I doubt he folds either way TBH.

Game #7595715324: Omaha PL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2008/08/31 - 04:45:14 (UK)

Seat 1: Ric240343 ($387 in chips)
Seat 2: boombish ($174.14 in chips)
Seat 3: Woodsey ($127.20 in chips)
Seat 4: De_niro ($34.51 in chips)
Seat 5: wrap16 ($10 in chips)
Seat 6: Beavor ($41.40 in chips)
De_niro: posts small blind $0.25
wrap16: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Woodsey [Two Clubs ]
Beavor: calls $0.50
Ric240343: calls $0.50
boombish: folds
Woodsey: raises to $2.75
De_niro: calls $2.50
wrap16: folds
Beavor: calls $2.25
Ric240343: calls $2.25
----- FLOP ----- [ ]
De_niro: checks
Beavor: checks
Ric240343: checks
Woodsey: bets $11.50
De_niro: folds
Beavor: raises to $38.65 and is all-in
Ric240343: calls $38.65
Woodsey: raises to $124.45 and is all-in
Ric240343: calls $85.80
----- TURN ----- [ ][]
----- RIVER ----- [ ][]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Woodsey: shows [Two Clubs ] (Three of a kind, Kings, Queen high)
Beavor: shows [ ] (Three of a kind, Tens, King high)
Ric240343: shows [ ] (A Flush, King high)
Ric240343 collected $171.60 from Side pot #1
Ric240343 collected $124.45 from Main pot
deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 11:53:53 PM »

get it all in ASAP - u have the nuts and redraws to a house even if outdrawn on turn. Only difficulty is usually getting all the money in on flop with a hand like this
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »

If you can get your whole stack in then you do nothing wrong. The only place I'd advise occasionally flatting a raise with top set is when you get c/raised when deep. Often when the board pairs, most players with big (and now dead draws) will rep the made hand or bet a worse full house that they might have folded when it was a two pair/lower set on the flop.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:20:17 AM »

Played it correctly imho. I mean would you flat then fold if flush came on 4th street?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »

Played it correctly imho. I mean would you flat then fold if flush came on 4th street?

Thats what I'm asking really as we were relatively deep (250bbs) and I knew the other big stack was gambling, should I take the shot for my whole stack? I have no issue with folding if I need to on the turn, I have position on the other big stack if I flat call the RR on the flop. If a safe card comes on the turn I can ram, if he hits and bets I can decide what to do based on the bet amount or take a free card if he doesn't.

My whole reason for asking this is because I don't really seem to be getting anywhere with omaha. Most weeks are defined by me doing well for a while, then getting destroyed badly for a chunk of buyins in a couple of sessions, in these multiway pot situations, where all the draws are out there knowing I am probably an underdog against 2 or 3 players. If its a case of just shoving with the nuts and closing your eyes thats fine if its the correct way to play it. I just want to know if there is a better way of doing it.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »

Thats what I'm asking really as we were relatively deep (250bbs) and I knew the other big stack was gambling, should I take the shot for my whole stack? I have no issue with folding if I need to on the turn, I have position on the other big stack if I flat call the RR on the flop. If a safe card comes on the turn I can ram, if he hits and bets I can decide what to do based on the bet amount or take a free card if he doesn't.

My whole reason for asking this is because I don't really seem to be getting anywhere with omaha. Most weeks are defined by me doing well for a while, then getting destroyed badly for a chunk of buyins in a couple of sessions, in these multiway pot situations, where all the draws are out there knowing I am probably an underdog against 2 or 3 players. If its a case of just shoving with the nuts and closing your eyes thats fine if its the correct way to play it. I just want to know if there is a better way of doing it.

you are always the fav with top set and no complete draws yet, if you can get it in you should always get it in on the flop. PLO is a very swingy game so you have to take the small edges and it will result in profit overall. I lost 5 buyins to a total donk heads up last night, then played some quality players 5 handed and won 5 buyins so you have to get used to taking the rough with the smooth in this game, it can be brutal. The donk hit a 2 outer on the river when we were even in chips (he misses and i'm +5 buyins) after hitting a load of other old bollocks and me missing everything, my chips always went in as fav and i lost 5 buyins, pretty ugly.

One thing i've noticed from your PLO posts is your not always structuring your pre flop bets very well, have a think about what your trying to acheive with your raises and what you will do when faced with different responses, just make the game easier on yourself.
free0bird

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »

best play,
you played it right got unlucky
if someones will to risk all that cash on a flush draw fine but you have trip K's no ace on the board.
only scary cards are the hearts.

You push- he has to make the decision pressure is on him to hit not you sit back relax

cry on the river.

at the end of teh day its a 50:50 whether anyone calls you, chances are this guy has teh bankroll to play for fun, so he has nothing to lose and all to gain.

yes its a bad beat but it does happen. don't cry over it just be assured you made the right play and got unlucky thats all
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: