blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Penny has dropped..Finally ...I understand..Blonde, The APAT..etc
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Penny has dropped..Finally ...I understand..Blonde, The APAT..etc  (Read 1155 times)
blonde17

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:33:49 AM »

Having witnessed the APAT Poker tourney at the Vic last night I have now realised that there is a massive gulf between the would/wanna be poker pro`s or  recreational players, and the hard line pro day to day grafters. The APAT guys were (Mostly) having a ball whooping and hollering..drinking... not a care in the World, and the cash games with them were great.
The day to day Vic regulars moaned and whinged at the noise whilst quickly lining up to have a shot at the visitors money. What dawned on me as a.. seasoned? pro, is that my whilst I have fun playing poker for a living, these guys play poker for fun...a totally different perspective. The penny has finally dropped.I now understand what Blonde, Sky Poker, APAT etc is all about.
So apologies to those who have been offended or in any way upset by my posts.

From this day forth I will try really hard to not be so opinionated, arrogant and.... right. (LoL)
Good luck to you all and thanks
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:22:53 AM »

pete

thought you would of grasped it after bB2 in glasgow

i and many on here play poker for the fun and if we win some money its a bonus as we have already written it off (except the wsope for my worried shareholders) before we start to play

ps what did you do with the video footage taken at the charity game on the sunday?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »

I will try really hard to not be so opinionated, arrogant ....

Wow, the penny really has dropped!

Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »

Having witnessed the APAT Poker tourney at the Vic last night I have now realised that there is a massive gulf between the would/wanna be poker pro`s or  recreational players, and the hard line pro day to day grafters. The APAT guys were (Mostly) having a ball whooping and hollering..drinking... not a care in the World, and the cash games with them were great.
The day to day Vic regulars moaned and whinged at the noise whilst quickly lining up to have a shot at the visitors money. What dawned on me as a.. seasoned? pro, is that my whilst I have fun playing poker for a living, these guys play poker for fun...a totally different perspective. The penny has finally dropped.I now understand what Blonde, Sky Poker, APAT etc is all about.
So apologies to those who have been offended or in any way upset by my posts.

From this day forth I will try really hard to not be so opinionated, arrogant and.... right. (LoL)
Good luck to you all and thanks

Been telling you this for years!! Wink
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »

I know what your saying, poker definitely more fun like this.

But you can get tables like this in the professional kind of environment. I had an awesome table in the $1k nightly event at Bellagio one night, all drinking having a laugh etc. Wish it was like that all the time!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »

Grin  I thought ever event was like this

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: