blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:49:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  short stacked in bb
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: short stacked in bb  (Read 2196 times)
free0bird

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 12:55:56 AM »

blinds 400/800

utg limps in (16k)
mp limps (25k)
sb completes (2.9k)
you in bb (7.9k)

all chips at start of hand before posting

flop comes 235 rainbow
sb moves in

you have q4o

do you call/push/fold ?

nope two others to act you fold as you also have nothing
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 12:58:53 AM by free0bird » Logged
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »

Personally I'm loving the shove.

Adore my outs, have "fold credability" with a big blind special in the remaining players eyes and am happy with the perceived stop n go of the Sb. (Female logic at its best no doubt!)

Whats not to like? Assuming the others fold you're still in and even with another caller - it's a chance to triple up and make a stab at winning the darn thing.

(and yes Teeks it is me - upping that post count ;-))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:14:06 PM by Ismene » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 05:52:18 PM »

Adore my outs, have "fold credability" with a big blind special in the remaining players eyes and am happy with the perceived stop n go of the Sb. (Female logic at its best no doubt!)

Whats not to like? Assuming the others fold you're still in and even with another caller - it's a chance to triple up and make a stab at winning the darn thing.

i did this and gotten called by UTG who was raised by MP

sb had air
UTG had 88
MP 22 (set)

caught my ace on turn lost to a 3 on river

with the 88 and 7100 back would you have pushed over top of me or called and folded to the rereraiser with over 50% of your chips in the pot?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 05:17:51 PM »

i did this and gotten called by UTG who was raised by MP

sb had air
UTG had 88
MP 22 (set)

caught my ace on turn lost to a 3 on river

with the 88 and 7100 back would you have pushed over top of me or called and folded to the rereraiser with over 50% of your chips in the pot?

Absolutely hating it, but in that spot i probably fold the 88 after you shove - Thereby negating having to deal with a re raise. I will be bitching in my head and hating life - but gotta figure that some donk outdrew me and there's either an over pair /  set or flopped straight out...

Of course this all depends on whether i have reached / or negated my "fu" button - where i get all stubborn and think that people are trying to bully me - when they blatantly aren't.

Super UL on the re draw.
Charlie44

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »

blinds 400/800

utg limps in (16k)
mp limps (25k)
sb completes (2.9k)
you in bb (7.9k)

flop comes 235 rainbow
sb moves in

you have q4o

do you call/push/fold ?

My first thought was why do you want to go all in here ? You get rid of your potential customers who you want if you hit your draw and you dont get fold equity because your opponent is already all in. The question is have you got odds to draw ?

Lets assume likely best scenario. You call, others fold and, sb doesnt have a 4 and if you hit a queen you win. Perhaps sb has something like J5?

You now have 11 outs - 4 aces, 4 sixes and 3 Queens - total 11 outs  with 2 cards paid for - 43%. You have to put another 2.1k into a pot that will be 7.4k. -28% - very good odds.

However he could have a 4 when it would be split pot if the draws come . If not depends then on his kicker. You could be winning already.   

So against 1 opponent you you a few ways of winning - If more than 1 you will probably need to hit your draw.

So I think all in discouraging others to come in. If you loose you still have 6 blinds left. But if others also call you hopefully still have 8 outs with 2 cards to come (32%), and if you hit you'll more than double up and be right back in it.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 06:53:50 AM »

blinds 400/800

utg limps in (16k)
mp limps (25k)
sb completes (2.9k)
you in bb (7.9k)

flop comes 235 rainbow
sb moves in

you have q4o

do you call/push/fold ?

My first thought was why do you want to go all in here ? You get rid of your potential customers who you want if you hit your draw and you dont get fold equity because your opponent is already all in. The question is have you got odds to draw ?

Lets assume likely best scenario. You call, others fold and, sb doesnt have a 4 and if you hit a queen you win. Perhaps sb has something like J5?

You now have 11 outs - 4 aces, 4 sixes and 3 Queens - total 11 outs  with 2 cards paid for - 43%. You have to put another 2.1k into a pot that will be 7.4k. -28% - very good odds.

However he could have a 4 when it would be split pot if the draws come . If not depends then on his kicker. You could be winning already.  

So against 1 opponent you you a few ways of winning - If more than 1 you will probably need to hit your draw.

So I think all in discouraging others to come in. If you loose you still have 6 blinds left. But if others also call you hopefully still have 8 outs with 2 cards to come (32%), and if you hit you'll more than double up and be right back in it.

i am lost

so do you call or shove?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 03:33:31 PM »

blinds 400/800

utg limps in (16k)
mp limps (25k)
sb completes (2.9k)
you in bb (7.9k)

flop comes 235 rainbow
sb moves in

you have q4o

do you call/push/fold ?

i am lost

so do you call or shove?

What he's saying I think is that you could be winning or losing against 1 or more opponents. You may or may not get a call if you shove but if you flat you may or may not get called or raised in which case you could be behind or winning.

So if you shove, call or fold you may win but may not depending on what the other's cards are and whether they shove, raise, call or fold.

Hope you are no longer lost.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Charlie44

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:41 PM »

blinds 400/800

utg limps in (16k)
mp limps (25k)
sb completes (2.9k)
you in bb (7.9k)

flop comes 235 rainbow
sb moves in

you have q4o

do you call/push/fold ?

i am lost

so do you call or shove?
Charlie44

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »

blinds 400/800

utg limps in (16k)
mp limps (25k)
sb completes (2.9k)
you in bb (7.9k)

flop comes 235 rainbow
sb moves in

you have q4o

do you call/push/fold ?

i am lost

so do you call or shove?

Sorry for the confusion Ironside. Summary in final para. - imo all in shove.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: