blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:13:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273483 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 08/09
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 08/09  (Read 55444 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2008, 09:41:47 AM »

Nice one, ship it, crucial.

I did the gamepass thing during the regular season, cost me $200ish, now they want an extra $60 for the post season.

They can fookin swing for it, I'll get SkySports.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2008, 10:27:02 AM »

Sky have shown every playoff game live in the past few seasons, I would be surprised if they didn't this season. Though i do believe the broadcasting deal is split so the playoffs are bid for separetly so I suppose there is a chance that they might be on elsewhere.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2008, 11:18:04 AM »

Sky show the play offs. With simultaneous games in wild card week they show one on red button, one as main match. Channel Five also have one show a week. This is good as they have Mike Carlson, a wonderful analyst. Far better than Sky's Nick Halling who takes himself too seriously

Pro Bowl shown last year, but it really is the most interminable load of nonsense. Very missable.

Despite massive dysfunctionality Dallas make it in if they win in Philly at the weekend. One time, don't choke. Pls, ty.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 24, 2008, 11:34:22 AM »

Sky show the play offs. With simultaneous games in wild card week they show one on red button, one as main match.

I have never known playoff games to be played at the same time (I may be wrong as i haven't watched a lot of American football in the last decade), the schedule this year has no overlap. With 2 game on Saturday and 2 on Sunday, with early and late games.

Channel Five also have one show a week. This is good as they have Mike Carlson, a wonderful analyst. Far better than Sky's Nick Halling who takes himself too seriously

In full agreement with this Mike Carlson is a really really good analyst and always go out of my way to watch the games on 5 purely because of him.

Pro Bowl shown last year, but it really is the most interminable load of nonsense. Very missable.

Pro bowl lol, I won't be watching this joke of a match if you paid me. The american football equivalent of international friendlies.

Despite massive dysfunctionality Dallas make it in if they win in Philly at the weekend. One time, don't choke. Pls, ty.

Yep got all the tiebreaks in their favour, could well be a threat in the Playoffs with the talent on their team. In fact all the first round playoff matches are looking pretty good games.

Will look something like this

AFC

Indy @ SD/Den
Baltimore @ Miami /NE

NFC

Atlanta @ Arizona
Dallas @ Minnesota

Think all the away teams are slighty better sides but home field should balance that out.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 24, 2008, 12:37:56 PM »

Dalllas will be a stroll for whoever is lucky enough to get them in the play-offs (in the unlikely event that they get there). Barber and Witten injured and a QB who has never won a big game. Philly match up well against Dallas, Asante Samuel takes care of TO, goodbye Dallas.   
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 24, 2008, 01:35:59 PM »

Got to agree that Mike Carlson is the best analyst and i always watch the Five coverage over Sky,Kevin Cadle puts me on lifetilt.Seeing Mike on the BBC in a suit doing the coverage is funny,watching him try to be serious for the whole game and not crack any schoolboy jokes cracks me up.

shy bairns get nowt
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2008, 02:18:14 PM »

Anyone else think Kevin Cadle could well be Jay-Z's dad?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 24, 2008, 02:21:25 PM »

Anyone else think Kevin Cadle could well be Jay-Z's dad?

Does Jay-Z know fk all about American football as well.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 24, 2008, 02:56:35 PM »

I didn't know the probowl was such a big joke.

That's all the American commentators could go on about all year. It's like they can't mention someone's name without first stating how many times they've been to the pro bowl.

Here's 2-time pro bowler Joe Bloggs in his fourth year out of Texas Tech.

From week one they were all speculating, who's going to Hawaii etc etc. I guess they're just talking it up because they've got to.
Had me fooled, I thought it was a big deal.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Longy
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 24, 2008, 03:02:43 PM »

I think the voting for it is a biggish deal and I actually tried to cast my vote for it a month or two ago but my computer didn't like it for some reason.

The game itself is just not taken seriously at all, thats why they have it in Hawaii so the players get a nice place to have a holiday.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 24, 2008, 03:07:45 PM »

I didn't know the probowl was such a big joke.

That's all the American commentators could go on about all year. It's like they can't mention someone's name without first stating how many times they've been to the pro bowl.

Here's 2-time pro bowler Joe Bloggs in his fourth year out of Texas Tech.

From week one they were all speculating, who's going to Hawaii etc etc. I guess they're just talking it up because they've got to.
Had me fooled, I thought it was a big deal.

tank

its media hype on the one hand, but on the other the voting system is biased towards "stars"

1/3 of the votes to go the fans, 1/3 to the players and 1/3 to the coaches

the fans vote skews it to players on tv a lot, or the better supported teams

also players get bonuses in their contracts if selected to the pro bowl

most commentators, and diehard fans would select all star teams fairly different from the hyped teams chosen for the Pro Bowl

the game itself becomes as joke as the importance, if any, comes from the selection not the game itself. Most of the players voted in will be replaced pre-game because of injuries etc

the game itself bears no resemblance to real games, a bit like watching the Harlem globetrotters play basketball, you know they are showing off but equally you know there's no defence to beat

My eyes are open wide
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2008, 03:17:01 PM »

I think the voting for it is a biggish deal and I actually tried to cast my vote for it a month or two ago but my computer didn't like it for some reason.

iirc, the online voting is only open to folk in the US

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »

iirc, the online voting is only open to folk in the US

nope, I voted.

My eyes are open wide
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »

49'ers actually improved and had a great game at weekend to win. Something to look forward to next season for them me thinks.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2008, 06:46:58 PM »

What the fuck happened to the ball in that Buffalo field goal attempt!! Sickest wind ever!!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: