blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Barcelona EPT - Day 1a - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Barcelona EPT - Day 1a - Interactive  (Read 24801 times)
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »

always no information about trond even in the chipcounts... poor Dana

I've to go. Could you please try to have some Frenchie's photos please ? (David Benyamine, Elky and Pascal Perrault would be perfect)

HAve fun all!

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 05:57:57 PM »

Unimpressed at the total lack of Eidsvig tbh. Work harder. 

Um, he's NOT PLAYING DAY 1A.  Honestly.  They only get to play ONE of the TWO start days.  Pick someone actually playing and I'll be more than happy to go watch them for a while.  Plus JC has got you a picture of Snoopy, even though I said not to.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 06:00:49 PM »

Unimpressed at the total lack of Eidsvig tbh. Work harder. 

Um, he's NOT PLAYING DAY 1A.  Honestly.  They only get to play ONE of the TWO start days.  Pick someone actually playing and I'll be more than happy to go watch them for a while.  Plus JC has got you a picture of Snoopy, even though I said not to.

Aaaah, I always wondered what the purpose of separating Day 1a and Day 1b was. It's pretty subtle, you must agree.

Hurrah for beagle, he will most certainly do until tomorrow.

[PS - please see PMs re: sushi]
Gobbomom

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »

hi Blondes!!!! great pics already!  keep an eye on Mike McDonald, Shaun Deeb, Christian Harder, Dan Smith please?
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2008, 06:18:12 PM »

I've just seen in my tea bag that this event will be won by a female.  Just so you know.

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
Zpaceman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 06:25:14 PM »

Good job Jen and Cat considering the booze consumption last night - I can't even remember getting back to my hotel! Luckily I am playing tomorrow - also means I get to torture myself watching England - Croatia at the local Irish Pub tonight. See you tomorrow!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »

I was promised beagle. Angry
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »

I love watching Annette Obrestad play as she cuts such a fascinating character, despite being a quiet, still statue at the table, devoid of almost any motion bar the most efficient movements as she elects to bet, raise, call or fold.

I caught her in the midst of a hand, looking at a bet of 600 on a board, before reaching quietly into her stack, briskly counting out 1,800 chips and sliding them into the middle to signify a raise.

She'd clearly asked an interesting question of her table partner, as he took a while to decide what to do before ultimately making the call.

The river was the and a check from mateyboy was met with a pause from Annette. Though she gave the outward impression of having been literally petrified, her brain was far from a granite block as she ran through potential avenues of play she could make on this river.

Ultimately she tapped her neatly manicured fingers on the felt to signify a check behind, perhaps feeling it wasn't a good bluff card, her opponent flipping K-T which was good as Annette could only table the draw-tastic but missed ...

Here she is, still well above her starting stack despite that hand...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »

Alexander Kravchenko, looking like he'd be having more fun being covered in golden syrup and wasps, and then placed in an industrial tumble dryer.  As usual.  He just got into a confrontation with a medium-stacked young lad with curly hair - Mateylad for the purposes of this story.  Kravchenko on the button called a small bet on a flop, and then another bet of 1,450 on the turn.  Mateylad had 3,025 behind, and after ascertaining this, Kravchenko was faced with the fairly inevitable shove on the river.  About five minutes of thinking about it led to an eventual fold, however.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »

BRITWATCH....

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »

Apologies for the tardiness of posting at present. We are having a few internet connection problems which after much hair pulling, hand wringing and whinging have just been rectified (temporarily at least.)

Some interesting tit bits of information we have picked up along the way...

First off Rolf Slotboom's exit hand was an interesting one. After a fellow Dutchman raised on the button to 300, Rolf re-popped him to 1,200 only for his countryman to move all-in!

With 8k back Rolf took a while deciding what to do before making a brave call with A-K. His opponent tabled the unbeleivable hand of pocket deuces, leaving the two players locked in a crucial coin flip for a 20k pot...

Rolf had the and the flop fell , giving him a multitude of outs and making him favourite to win the pot, though a Two Clubs on the river was a bad turn card and by the time Rolf improved his hand with a on the river it was too late and his tournament had been brought to a crashing halt.

Sadly there will be no intricate chip scultures today then - at least from Rolf.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »

I've just seen in my tea bag that this event will be won by a female.  Just so you know.

That's because you have novelty tea.   But the calibre of female players pretty high... pity they make up under 5% of the field.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »

I was promised beagle. Angry

Snoopy was last seen flipping Jen the bird. It could have been aimed at myself but I choose to ignore that.

As he came over I accused him of wearing wrestling T shirts and eating sandwiches. "Where's your proof?" he asked.

HERE! Admit your guilt beagle.

Sorry we haven't picked up on some of the requests, we're battling with the connection a little although Jen is just about to start scouting for some of this information.

Timex aka Mike McDonald isn't playing today by the way Gobbo'smum as far as we are aware. He did however win TWO whole awards last night, the young man picking up "Overseas player Of The Year" as well as "People's Choice Player Of The Year" after winning EPT Dortmund in sensational style last year.

Just for you Dana as well, let me tell you Trond Eidsvig won "Newcomer Of The Year" for his multitude of deep runs. Kara Scott conducted interviews with all the players following the  awards and said she was very impressed with Trond's humility as he told her "I ran very good last year, I may never run that good again!"

So many players are keen on self-promotion, telling you just how good they are, it's refreshing to hear an accomplished player like Trond give an honest assessment of his fortunes. I'm not quite at Dana levels of admiration for the Norwegian but  I am impressed by his down to earth attitude. Good luck Trond!

"Thanks!"

Madone

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »

Niceto see that you are using your reporting skills and not using other people's material! cough cough!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »

Did i see Pete Woods in one of those photos?

If it was him can one of you wish him gl for me please (and that doesnt mean saying yeah ok, i mean actually go over to him and say Flushy says gl) cheers!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: