blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Barcelona EPT - Day 1a - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Barcelona EPT - Day 1a - Interactive  (Read 24716 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2008, 10:59:57 PM »

Other Counts...

Erica Schoenberg -- 14,625
Christian Grundtvig -- 19,700
Johannes Strassman -- 15,500
George Danzer -- 20,600
Glen Chorny -- 12,000
Chad Brown -- 25,500
Osman Mustanoglu -- 22,300
Pascal Perrault -- 16,00 (pictured top)
Sverre Sundbo -- 9,800
Danny Ryan -- 10,500
Andreas Hagen -- 4,575
Alexander Kravchenko -- 5,000
Albert Sapiano -- 45,000
Mats Iremark -- 17,000
Mickey Wernick -- 6,000 (pictured bottom)

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »

Honey man chip count please!!

Honey In Da Money

Albert has had a very up and down day!

Early on, he was chip leader and managed to work his stack up to a rosy 30k which was near the chip lead before being reduced to a tiny 2,000 chips.

Somehow though he has waved his sticky little wand of honey over this mini stack and transformed it into a mightily impressive 40,000! Here he is with his bulky collection of chips.

Julian Thew arrived a few moments ago and went through his usual routine of signing autographs, accepting thanks for awards he hadn't even realised he won (he won the Pokerstars award for "Media Player Of The Year" last night, which was accepted on his behalf) and generally chatting to his fans and friends.

He heard about the Albert Sapiano story and was amazed. "30,000 to 2,000 to 40,000!"

"He's the new yo-yo!" I told him and maybe I thought I noticed just the smallest trace of fear in Julian's eyes at this possible  threat to his position as the all powerful yo-yo master.

I'm sure all the Vic cash games regulars would love to see Albert win...

He did this last year if I recall. Chip leader after two levels. Out within five...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2008, 11:15:46 PM »

Discovered Michael Greco after the dinner break, hovering just over his starting stack and having been moved on to James Keys' left.  He's sporting a delightful purple Littlewoods jacket, incidentally, which together with his orange hat win him colour clasher of the day award.  God Bless the V.I.P. Room indeed.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2008, 11:17:09 PM »

Fomer WSOP ME champ Greg Raymer has been eliminated as has Vicky Coren, much to the chagrin of her many loyal followers.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2008, 11:18:16 PM »

If I'm ever strapped to an electric chair(*) and they ask me what I want for my last meal, this might well be it.

* Possibly for pun-related crimes against humanity

Run away with me - they'll never catch us.

We'll be the Bonnie and Clyde of pun-related crimes.*

* I'm Clyde

Pun away with me surely?

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »

How is Steve Jelinek doing please?

Not reaching any stratospheric heights of chips but heading steadily towards Day Two.  Sorry the only pic I have of him is from earlier and shows him, head in hands, in what appears to be early onset despair, but I think was just sleepiness.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2008, 11:25:36 PM »

If I'm ever strapped to an electric chair(*) and they ask me what I want for my last meal, this might well be it.

* I'm Clyde

Pun away with me surely?

You don't deserve punishment... You deserve gunishment!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2008, 11:43:32 PM »

* I'm Clyde

Pun away with me surely?

How about just away with you.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2008, 11:50:30 PM »

Danzer The Panzer

Yes the amiable german Geroge Danzer is moving alongwith the unstoppable force of a German tank, his latest coup involving no less than FOUR preflop raises as Danzer re-raised an initial raise before seeing his opponent put in a third raise.

With 11k in the pot, Danzer now moved all-in for another 17k or so and everyone was expecting his opponent to call...BUT he didn't.

A nice pot to take down without being contested but sadly we could see neither player's hole cards so we don't know whether it was a good one or not.

Danzer looked happy though as he swept up the pot. He has also beaten off the challenge posed by Stu Rutter for europe's foremost scarf wearer for the fourth year running.

Top stuff (always next year Stu)!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »

This is the last level of the night, and the brakes have come off, players starting to bust left and right.  The same stacks mentioned earlier are still dominant, but a few more have been added to their number, while short stacks get it in the middle with their Worst Case Scenario being, "Oh, I'm in Barcelona in the summer, feet from the beach."

One such exiter, who wasn't too happy at the time about it, was Sverre Sundbo, who became entangled in a very big pot on his table.  It got threeway to a flop:
  Danny Ryan in the big blind checked, 2,500 came from Matey (there was, before all this, c. 4,500 in the pot).  Sverre, if not all in preflop (missed that bit) was all in now, so the consideration of the flop was back on Ryan.  Although fairly short stacked himself (11k) he made the call.
Turn:  three clubs  Both players with chips left check.
River:   And again.  "Two pair," announces Matey, flipping , while Sverre tries to muck his hand and leave but isn't allowed to do so by the dealer (from my vantage point I only saw a Nine).  Rules is rules.  Danny gets to just chuck his cards away though.

Sundbo

Eliminator of Sundbo

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:58:59 PM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 12:06:28 AM »

Right, the end is nigh and we will be running for a taxi (it's crazy here at night) so chip counts will be provided tomorrow before Day 1B starts.  That's when we get them, that's when you get them. 

jpean

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008, 01:44:39 AM »

I just come back from a party and saw that the two photos that I asked for have been put so...
Thanks updaters

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: