blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:17:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Limit Poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Limit Poker  (Read 1889 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2008, 01:15:37 AM »

After a shocking August, I've decided to hit limit poker again.   I'm starting at $1/$2 and hoping to build up slowly.   Not going great so far, but I'm only slightly down (about $50 over around 1000 hands but with  RB LB it's a bit better) and as soon as I stop calling the river with air that win rate will improve!

Do any limit players use HUD's whilst playing? I'm wondering what key stats I should have on display.  I guess Went to show down and won at showdown are more vital in this than NL, but any others that I may not have considered?  I'll have the fold and bet on X street stats up too but I'm changing from NL so it may be different.

Also, how much do you sit down with?   I'm just sitting with $40 and topping up if needed.  I seem to be quite stacked with just $40 at the table, but I wonder what the standard buy in is in limit games?  Guess it doesn't matter that much, just enough to cover all the betting should things kick off in a hand?

For bankroll, is approx 500 big bets the going consideration for keeping to good BR management?  I'm planning to stick with that if it is.

Any other limit tips appreciated Cheesy  Can't be too hard if I stop making donkey calls, the amount of players that will call with A high or bottom pair to the end is amazing, surely even I can make this work!

As always, thank you Smiley

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 06:04:57 AM »

Full ring or short handed it makes a huge diff.

I try to always sit with 50 bets, i hate sitting with 25 then losing 8 and feeling short.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 11:08:39 AM »

short handed, 6 max at the moment.   Yeah I know what you mean about sitting cheap.  If I lose just $10 I feel short at the table, perhaps i'll buy in for a bit more.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: