blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 33864 times)
Gobbomom

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 04:54:51 PM »

thanks for the Randal Flowers update already- fairly sure that he and David Schnettler are all that we have left (bad day yesterday for the 2+2 crowd)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 05:00:34 PM »

anything on willie haughey yet?

I went to his table earlier Cambo but sadly his spot was filled with a random spaniard, suggesting that he had likely been eliminated.

I hope I'm wrong and I'll let you know if i find out different.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »

After having study the list, my picks for today are

Brice Cournut   87100
Nicolas Levi   36700
Arnaud Mattern   29200

and if he is not OUT yet could you try to look at Michel Abecassis ?

OK here's Arnaud, with 27k just before the first break which has now ended.  He is a very serious player, whose previous EPT win in Prague hasn't in any way altered his focus, and determination to play.

While Arnaud might be grinding up a short stack, something good has happened today to Michel Abecassis - he's gone from supershort to around 50k which must be worth half a smile...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 05:08:43 PM »

Fall Of The French

Two of the big French hopes have faced a rum time recently.

First off Arnaud Mattern was seen making a big re-raise all-in over the top of a Ramzi Jellasi raised from the cut off.

Ramzi made an amazing call for nearly half his stack (25,000 or so)with , which proved to be a good one as Mattern could only table and despite turning a double gut-shot and a flush draw the mono-browed young Frenchman missed on the river to end his dreams of tournament glory whilst a delighted Ramzi pulled in a 50k + pot.

It looks like the Swedish player, who has had a horrendous series of bad beats in recent EPTS may finally be running good and with his aggressive game, he will be a tough man to stop.

Next up, Nicholas Levi had become pretty short and was looking for unopened pots to push his stack in. He did find one, but was looked up relatively light by an opponent with .

He couldn't spike one of his live cards, meaning another Frenchman who had high hopes must put his hopes of EPT glory on ice for now...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:18:43 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »

thakns for these informations Junglecat

But I've now to go to work and I was waiting for some better news before leaving the computer 

I hope that tomorrow morning, when I'll be back at home to sleep read the end of the day 2, you'll bring me better ones 

bye all Wink
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:15:49 PM by jpean » Logged

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 05:12:08 PM »

SPOT PRIZE  Which other UK player with a less apt nickname wears this exact T-shirt while playing?  First correct answer gets a virtual cocktail.

Kevin O'Leary

Mojito please!!

Our own George2Loose wears it as well.

Congratulations spot prize winner!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 05:16:02 PM »

Don't You Just Hat It When That Happens?

The news that Nicholas Levi's hat has gone missing, presumed stolen from the local airport has sent the assembled media into a frenzy. It is his trademark and an iconic symbol of the game and the police are exploring every avenue in an attempt to recover the infamous item of apparel.

They have recently turned up some footage from the airport which they believe may be of some help in locating the thief. They have disbursed the footage amongst the media. The face looks familiar but I can't place it.

He seems to be wearing some sort of disguise...

Can you help?

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »

Is tattoo lady the only female left in this event?  My tea bag told me in no uncertain terms yesterday we'd have a female winner. Can it be that it lied to me?

No there are a couple dotted around still - the one doing the best I am pretty sure is Maria Maceiras.  Here she is updating bloggers - good to see she's approachable by the press... sitting comfortably on around 45k.

Also on Maceiras' table - the interesting combo of Ramzi Jelassi and Stuart Rutter, who look like they might have been bantering sotto voce about Ms. Maceiras.  Not one to sit quietly, she promptly pulled Ramzi up on that, who pointed the finger at Stuart Rutter, saying something about how she couldn't be a tight player as she was Spanish.  "Ten-Jack is a good hand here!" he said, and to be fair didn't get any argument from Maria.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 05:25:32 PM »

Don't You Just Hat It When That Happens?

The news that Nicholas Levi's hat has gone missing, presumed stolen from the local airport has sent the assembled media into a frenzy. It is his trademark and an iconic symbol of the game and the police are exploring every avenue in an attempt to recover the infamous item of apparel.

They have recently turned up some footage from the airport which they believe may be of some help in locating the thief. They have disbursed the footage amongst the media. The face looks familiar but I can't place it.

He seems to be wearing some sort of disguise...

Can you help?

I know that dude. It's that Brad Pitt fella! I always thought he looked shifty.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

Hey guys,

Didn't make it out to Barca sadly, hope you're having a good time!

What's the latest on Stuart Rutter?

- James

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 05:38:57 PM »

Oops just spotted pic of him there, chip count?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »

Can I have updates on Stephen Chidwick aka Stevie444 Online step6 legend

thanks Chris

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

End of the road for George Danzer - spotted earlier peering out here.  He pushed all in after there was a raise to 5k and a call, with a total stack of around 15k.  The initial raiser passed, but the caller, true to form, called with - George's didn't improve past King high and he's on the rail.  But only for a night - he'll be back tomorrow when the EPTLive gets into full swing, with all that live filming and multilingual commentary and that.  I heard that he's a pretty funny guy, and also has what amounts to, in Germany, a comedy regional accent  Smiley

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »

Apologies for the clock. It should actually read 800 1600 200.

As we close in on the all important latter stages, with just about 100 players left, there is some cautious play going on by many of the players, anxious not to make a mistake. I didn't witness too many contested hands as I wandered through the card room but here's some random counts and a crucial double through for one well followed american player...

First off German legend Michael Keiner is going along great guns at the moment with a nice 80k stack counted up neatly in front of him.

Also going well is American winner of the San Remo EPT Jason Mercier, who looks comfortable with a 70k stack. He is so relaxed he has time to have a laugh and a joke with his tablemates as the Jake Gyllenhall lookalike(in my eyes anyway!) cooly goes about his business.

Maz Nawab looks similarly comfortable, the UK player with a meaty 75k stack at the moment. Good show sir!

Michael Greco has ground his way almost into the last 100 players and has 19k to his name at the moment, which won't last him too long if he doesn't get a double through sometime soon...

Come on Beppe!

HoKarlMC
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 05:53:17 PM »

Do you have any updates on Isaac ''Ike'' Haxton?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: