blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:55:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 33842 times)
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2008, 11:20:38 PM »

how many levels are they playing tonight .

i`v become cos`s bitch
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »

Ruthenberg isn't the only German player wielding an impressive stack now, as Michael Kiener has just doubled through...Aces against T-9.

I joined the hand as all the chips were in the middle of a T high board but when and where they went in was unclear.

What was clear however was that Kiener was now the proud owner of a six figure stack that will make the experienced German a threat to win this EPT...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2008, 11:23:24 PM »

Stuart Rutter is one of those to be getting the just-in-the-money €10,200 - finishing 62nd right as I got to the tournament area.  He was both happy and sad - happy to have made the money with what was a pretty short stack - and unhappy that he got it in with A-K after A-2 had raised enough not to fold pre.  Of course, the Deuce came through and he exited stage left where they appear to be paying people in €500 notes immediately.   Shocked

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »

I was a little confused too but I think it might have somehting to do w/ "here comes the money."

...I don't think it's nerdy that I know that

Quite honestly I thought there would be one person and one person only to know that - Snoopy.  You can literally type anything into google image search and get results.  This proves that point nicely.  Congratulations on your astoundingly geeky trivia knowledge.

I was gunna post a picture of someone bowing or something to accept this gracious praise, but I really couldn't find any pics to my liking so ull just have to take my word on it.  I knew watching pro wrestling would help me with random trivia questions someday.  That day is today.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2008, 11:28:05 PM »

Well, they are due to play down to 32 or failing that we were initially told they would play 8 levels, although now they are saying they might play 9 levels if things are going a bit slow.

I'm very happy about an hour of my precious sleep potentially being cut into.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2008, 11:30:25 PM »

le riviera closes late jungle .

i`v become cos`s bitch
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2008, 11:31:27 PM »

I think ur tournament clock is off.  PN reports them at being at the 1500/3k level, which given the avg stack size would make a lot more sense.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2008, 11:40:17 PM »

I just found a bit of paper under my laptop with some chicken-scratchy scrawling on it - it's Interesting Hands from Right Before the Bubble.  While slightly out of date, I think they're relevant, as the recipients of chips still have them, and I like the title I was going to give it:

Swedes Mash It Up

While Ramzi Jelassi hasn't had a wavering moment (I eavesdropped on a SikTilt video of his talking about his nice first day, replete with good cards, and second day, what with calling with raggy Aces good against Arnaud) building up to over 135k on the bubble, another young Swede Jonas Molander had an excellent twenty minutes in which he doubled up and then won one of the biggest pots going during that unexpected lull between losing player 77 and player 76.

First up it was David Kruger who doubled him up, raising with and calling his all-in with what turned out to be a victorious .  "I didn't think you had A-K there," admitted Kruger.  "Two hands in a row..."  Fortunate timing, and a nice stack now. 

I bet Asti Ruscalla didn't put him on the hand he had here either:  He called Jonas' raise to 7,500 in the small blind, seeing a two hearts flop.  Ruscalla bet out what looked like just 6,500, and Jonas raised him to 16,700.  Call.
Turn:   Both players checked
River:  Check to Jonas who bet 16,900.  After a good think about it, this got called too, and his was good to take down the pot.

NB Pic from yesterday, stacks not accurately represented currently....over 120k

mikkyflynn

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2008, 11:56:12 PM »

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2008, 12:03:57 AM »

any chip counts on maz and greco plz.

i`v become cos`s bitch
Gobbomom

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2008, 12:12:48 AM »

love the Randal Flowers updates, thanks!  Apparently David Schnettler is still in. Can you check out his chip count please?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2008, 12:26:15 AM »

We're about to get the official chip counts, taken at the end of level 16, but I can tell you that Chad Brown is the chip leader at the moment.

Davidi Kitai is in 2nd place with 320k or so, the winamax player well poised for further success after his excellent performance at the world series.

Maz Nawab is also well in the reckoning with 233k, which puts him in the top 10 spots.

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2008, 12:28:06 AM »

lovely jubbly

i`v become cos`s bitch
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2008, 12:33:55 AM »

Still in the €10,200 payout bracket, these players are busted:

Not sure what happened to Steve Jelinek, but Casey Kastle had the last of his stack in with Q-T vs. K-Q and Alessandro Lusso got it all.  Possibly this wasn't the crucial hand though as while he walked away figuratively leaning on the strong shoulder of Thomas Kremser he said something like, "I've never been in a hand like that..."

Meanwhile Sheryl Gershon moved her <60k in preflop with three clubs, called by neighbour Benjamin Mirsaidi with .

Flop:  ......  ..   Turn and river

TABLE BREAK.  Chip counts from right before this flurry of eliminations coming.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2008, 01:03:07 AM »

With 26 minutes left to play for the day, five tables remain.

Full chip counts will be done tonight, and posted as soon as they can get from paper to tinternet...

The last big hand I saw involved Asti Ruscalla (top, pictured with his 45k all in the middle) who re-raised the guy in the bottom photo whose name for the moment escapes me but who reminds me of Andy Warhol.

It was 22k more to the other guy, who'd already raised to 20,500, and eventually he called.
"It's a coinflip," he noted as he flipped to Ruscalla's .  "A coinflip."

The coin landed Ruscalla up as he doubled through, even spiking the on the river for emphasis.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: