blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Barcelona - Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 33853 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2008, 09:57:28 PM »

how many left in plz .

72 left Barry. 8 off the money spots...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2008, 09:58:39 PM »

Any chance u guys can gather some upates on the 2k side event today?

Also, I think Mercier would make a terrible architecht.  While his pyramid is nice to look at, it has no structure to it.  It's just one level up as opposed to having the solid foundation it needs to stand.  It's like the slightest gust of wind and he's got like 300 chips to restack and make sure none of his opponents hoodwink him.  IS IT WORTH IT, JASON?

With that said, I'll send any of u $10 on Pokerstars if u knock it over and take pics.

There are a lot of tables in the middle of the room which I thought were cash tables but might be worth a second look.  Not to knock cardplayer's info which is probably correct but you never know... 

PS Your $10 up for knocking over the Mercier tower has been recorded by SikTilt for posterity Smiley

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2008, 10:00:46 PM »

Also, I think Mercier would make a terrible architecht.  While his pyramid is nice to look at, it has no structure to it.  It's just one level up as opposed to having the solid foundation it needs to stand.  It's like the slightest gust of wind and he's got like 300 chips to restack and make sure none of his opponents hoodwink him.  IS IT WORTH IT, JASON?

With that said, I'll send any of u $10 on Pokerstars if u knock it over and take pics.

There are a lot of tables in the middle of the room which I thought were cash tables but might be worth a second look.  Not to knock cardplayer's info which is probably correct but you never know... 

PS Your $10 up for knocking over the Mercier tower has been recorded by SikTilt for posterity Smiley

Where's a drunk Thomas Wahlroos when you need him?

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2008, 10:08:54 PM »

how many left in plz .

72 left Barry. 8 off the money spots...

cheers m8ty ,keep an eye on muz plz ,its a good job colchester isn't doing the updates or i wouldn't be able to say that.

i`v become cos`s bitch
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »

Annette told me 2 days ago the 2k euro event was Friday, but then again she thought she was playing day 1b and ended up on 1a, so who knows if she has a clue what shes talking about?

I would like to see this video.  Is it sad that I already know Rury's Stars name?
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2008, 10:41:21 PM »

Short stack Stavros Kalfas shoved in the cutoff for 20,400, but probably wasn't expecting serious interest from both blinds... first off, small blind Peter Nordin moved in a stack of yellows, enough to put the only other player still in the hand to the test for his whole stack too.  A genuine decision, one that required standing up and looking pained, followed for big blind Benjamin Stark.  He eventually decided against it, and folded his face up!
Kalfas: 
Nordin:    (when this hand went over some excited French railers transmitted the happy news to those without press passes behind the rail:  "Roi et Valet!  Roi et Valet!"

The board emerged:  and Kalfas got the double through while the one really hurt by this hand was Stark, now short and on the bubble and ruing his decision.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »

With 69 players now remaining, the play has slowed to a crawl with time wasting, needless dwelling and all sorts of stalling tactics being employed as the dreaded bubble approaches.

There's been lots of dwelling up and slow play on Michael Kiener's table. The german is just about handling it with his 60k stack, but his next door neighbour appears to be close to a nervous breakdown...

"Just hurry up for god's sake!!!!"

Here's some of the players who don't look in danger of missing out on the money...

Stephen Chidwick, one of the chip leaders at this point with close to 200k...

Maz Nawab, who picked up the blinds with a raise JUST as I got to his table...

The english player is doing just dandy at the moment with 160,000 chips to his name...

Recent Belgium bracelet winner, Davidi Kitai, who has 140,000.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2008, 10:51:13 PM »

Mark Flowers, with over 150k is lin excellent shape as the run in to the title continues...

But he should be careful of this chap to his right, the all powerful Sebastian Ruthenberg, yet another bracelet winner and the German has been attacking his tablemates all day with his aggressive play. He has a whopping 250k.

Just to HIS right, Albert Sapiano must be wishing he didn't have two such big stacks in position and you can see the stress on his face, but he is hanging in there with 110k...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »

Annette told me 2 days ago the 2k euro event was Friday, but then again she thought she was playing day 1b and ended up on 1a, so who knows if she has a clue what shes talking about?

I would like to see this video.  Is it sad that I already know Rury's Stars name?

I didn't mention your name in case you didn't want people asking for money to destroy things... they are editing day and night, who knows when this footage will see the light of day.  And Rury is a welcome addition to anyone's Buddy List... he's sitting right opposite me so I should say no more.  The power of video crushes that of text.

I thought it must be a tournament going on in the middle of the room since in a matter of minutes the whole place filled up, but it's just cash games.  Lots of cash games.  This place is absolutely HEAVING - residents and visitors alike just can't seem to tear themselves out of the basement and on to the seafront.  You should have seen the rail on the blackjack yesterday.  For real.   Grin

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 10:54:33 PM »

Yes, def don't tell him it was me.  If I can get myself out of paying $10 that would be sweet.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:10:47 PM by jslaso » Logged
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2008, 10:59:40 PM »

It's been long, but the drop from 65 to 64 was just 11 minutes.  I was not expecting this.  In fact, in the Press Poll on how many minutes the bubble would take to burst, I picked the longest time.  However, Brazilian Felipe Tavares Ramos has the dubious honour of being crowned bubble boy, his AK running into QQ which cemented victory by flopping a Queen.

This means the very next/first player out in the money stage gets a tidy €10,200.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2008, 11:02:11 PM »

SICK HAND

Thierry Van Der Bergh just shoved when it was folded round to him in the small blind. He had the big blind's remaining 40k covered and must have expected to have picked up the pot 95% of the time.

When the BB wakes up with Q-Q though, he's going nowhere (unless he's tightend) so he made the insta-call and found Van Der Bergh with the expected random hand, J-3 in this case.

With no overcards the BB must have been lookign forward to a 85k double through and when the board fell BLANK BLANK BLANK that looked a virtual inevitable.

A 3 on the turn opened a crack in the window of opportunity, but there was just a sliver of darkness at the end of the tunnel of double up light.

The absolutely sick three on the river though turned the lights out completely for Van Der Bergh's unfortunate victim though, completing the runner runner outdraw and sending him to the rail with a genuine bad beat story to tell...

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 11:09:53 PM »

It's been long, but the drop from 65 to 64 was just 11 minutes.  I was not expecting this.  In fact, in the Press Poll on how many minutes the bubble would take to burst, I picked the longest time.  However, Brazilian Felipe Tavares Ramos has the dubious honour of being crowned bubble boy, his AK running into QQ which cemented victory by flopping a Queen.

This means the very next/first player out in the money stage gets a tidy €10,200.

What does Shane McMahon have to do with it?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 11:12:05 PM »

I was a little confused too but I think it might have somehting to do w/ "here comes the money."

...I don't think it's nerdy that I know that
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 11:19:51 PM »

I was a little confused too but I think it might have somehting to do w/ "here comes the money."

...I don't think it's nerdy that I know that

Quite honestly I thought there would be one person and one person only to know that - Snoopy.  You can literally type anything into google image search and get results.  This proves that point nicely.  Congratulations on your astoundingly geeky trivia knowledge.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: