blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 12:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272824 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156504 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »

Flushy.

Give three words on how others on the forum may percieve you.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 05:28:42 PM »

Can you write part 2 of your final blog entry. I don't want to be the sole reason why that blog died Sad

I don't enjoy writing about nits who just seem to always have it, you are so granite it makes me sick.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 05:30:14 PM »

like the small links to the hands...clever that...keeps a post nice a tidy.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 07:36:10 PM »

who has got the most annoyed about something you have written about them on blonde?
RoyCropper

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »

Good grief. Just when most bloggers realised that `poker' versions of this timewasting excercise where the dullest
on the planet and started shelving them, another self absorbed, ego-maniac, mentally health plagued spiv with too much time on his hands pipes up.
Please stick to non poker material because like awful tv or junk food, I will not be able to resist reading it every few weeks.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »

SAVE THE GREEN
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 08:17:09 PM »

SAVE THE GREEN

Gotta love him.

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 02:32:37 AM »

Can you write part 2 of your final blog entry. I don't want to be the sole reason why that blog died Sad

I don't enjoy writing about nits who just seem to always have it, you are so granite it makes me sick.

Spread the word. Pls.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 05:24:12 PM »

I had a pretty quiet Sunday on the poker front, didn't do anything but managed to salvage the day by winning a WCOOP sat to the $5k.

Yesterday i went go-karting with 12 other poker players and a cardroom manager from the Rendezvous, i had never been karting before and was the only one to have not been before this somehow made me the target for the day! The problem with this is i am no writing this lying in my bed with bruised ribs and whiplash, between 14 of us we managed to break 2 go karts and set another on on fire!

A blonde day out go karting is a must imo

I have just read on the BBC website that the prelim inquiry into last months MD-82 crash in Madrid has been leaked the findings are summarised here:

The draft report of the investigating committee, leaked to Spanish newspapers, details how the aircraft crashed when it attempted to take off following a brief stop for technicians to correct a fault in a temperature gauge.

The pilots had detected the high temperature as they readied the plane for take-off, having already deployed the wing flaps, the plane's black box recorder showed. They aborted the take-off to get the temperature gauge looked at by technicians, the draft report says.

By the time the plane resumed its position on the runway, the flaps - which make it easier for aircraft to get off the ground at take-off speeds - had been retracted, data from the black box is said to show.

The MD-82 plane is equipped with sensors intended to warn pilots whether flaps are correctly deployed before take-off.

However, the draft report suggests no warning signal sounded in the cockpit before the pilots accelerated the plane down the runway for the ill-fated take-off attempt.

The draft report said that Spanair did not rigorously follow advice from the plane's manufacturers to check the flap deployment warning signal.

Following an MD-82 crash in the US city of Detroit in 1987, which killed 154 people, McDonnell-Douglas (now part of Boeing) advised that flap and slats indicator systems be checked before each flight.

However, Spanair only carried out checks on the system before the first flight of each day or when the pilot and co-pilot was changed, the draft report said.

The pair in control of the plane had already taken it from Barcelona to Madrid on the morning of the accident without incident, and were not under orders to check the systems before beginning their next flight, the draft report said.

Investigators have not released any official statement on the disaster, and Spanish Interior Minister Alfredo Perez Rubalcaba told Spanish TV the government would not comment until the investigation had been completed.

This seems to pin the blame on the airlines SOP for not checking the warning light, surely the more important SOP failure would somehow be the flightcrew's inability to go through the check list and deploy the flaps again....

Obviously this is all speculation and the investigation team have made no announcement but if it is the case then it really is a stupid reason to lose an aircraft, i really do hope if it is true it wasn't because the flight crew were cutting corners on pre-flights to catch up lost time from the earlier fault, all to often you hear about flight crews under time pressure from the airlines they work for because the industry is so damn completive, i am all for competitive marketplaces but perhaps in a market where safety should be the first consideration it may not be such a good thing.

I think the rest of this week will be taken up by the WCOOP and possibly at the weekend an appearance at blonde bash.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

possibly at the weekend an appearance at blonde bash.

You have to make it, end off!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 07:37:45 PM »

Would be good to see you there, glass of red maybe

sola virtus nobilitat
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 09:18:12 PM »

Obviously this is all speculation and the investigation team have made no announcement but if it is the case then it really is a stupid reason to lose an aircraft, i really do

and obviously more importantly 154 lives!!!

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »

Good to see you've started a diary flushy.Depending on how much your going to give away this could well be the best diary on here poker-wise.I look forward to seeing how it develops.I guess i'll put a question in as well,what would you say are the 3 best tournaments to play on any network for anything upto $200?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2008, 01:44:39 AM »

Flushy.

Give three words on how others on the forum may percieve you.

You trying to get me banned?

who has got the most annoyed about something you have written about them on blonde?

Tough one, i think it calls for its own thread and perhaps a poll?

Good grief. Just when most bloggers realised that `poker' versions of this timewasting excercise where the dullest
on the planet and started shelving them, another self absorbed, ego-maniac, mentally health plagued spiv with too much time on his hands pipes up.
Please stick to non poker material because like awful tv or junk food, I will not be able to resist reading it every few weeks.

Thanks Uncle Marty, perhaps if i juiced it up with stories of you running around in a Nottingham hotel with a bra on your head?

Just had a 'light' session, 12 multi's, i was playing pretty bad tbh spewing quite a bit lost a big stack with 45 left in the stars 50r (19k ftw) and came 3rd when i had 1/2 the chips 8 handed in the party super, all though i didn't do much wrong in that. The good news is i was slightly up which means 3 winning days in a row, pretty decent for a mtt'er.

I have decided to take the rest of the week off and i think tomorrow i will invest in a wii, any suggestions of games to get?

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 01:57:15 AM »

The future of insurance giant AIG hangs in the balance as fears grow that it could be the next firm to fold in the wake of the credit crisis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7620127.stm

Pretty staggering to think a company of that size can be at risk, as the article says they have ASSETS of more than a TRILLION dollars, that's pretty sick!

This hits home especially for me as my family is part of the 'AIG Family' my Father who passed away exactly a year ago was the head of "AIG Global Investment Corp" which he ran out of Chelsea Harbour in London, i do wonder what he would have made about all this credit crisis.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: