blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 08:02:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272980 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156847 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:35 PM »

Flushy, at what level and below can you not take comps seriously and treat them as a bit of fun?  EG, £50 and below?

At what buy-in, if there is 1, do you start feeling a little too out of your depth?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

At what point are you going to realise you are a net loser at poker if it wasnt for luckbox staking?

p.s are you gonna buy me into ept london on a (generous) 50:50 deal? 
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »

Flushy, at what level and below can you not take comps seriously and treat them as a bit of fun?  EG, £50 and below?

At what buy-in, if there is 1, do you start feeling a little too out of your depth?

Live anything under £1k i find hard to play full on, that's usually the case because if its less than 1k its probably in Brighton so i am playing it more for social reasons. I still want to win it mind. In terms of total messing around i suppose sub £300.

Online i never play for fun really so even though nearly every comp is below £300 i take them seriously.

As for being out of my depth i don't think there is any buyin that does that too me, there have been a couple of times i have felt out of my depth though and that is usually down to the lineup i am facing, it's happened twice this year both times online. The stupid thing is i may even over correct and play to confident in higher buyins live.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »

At what point are you going to realise you are a net loser at poker if it wasnt for luckbox staking?

No you are useless and what happens in Bratislava stays in Bratislava and that includes my honest admissions about my poker talent!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »

No you are useless and what happens in Bratislava stays in Bratislava and that includes my honest admissions about my poker talent!

LOL I look forward to my next chat with Alex, as my mentor he has to tell me everything.

Did Alex drink on friday then just sleep the rest of the weekend ?
Ismene

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »

name 1 quality that you believe all the great players share....
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2008, 07:34:32 PM »

It's been a very busy few days for someone who is usually a lazy bum, on Wednesday i celebrated my birthday which involved a night of heavy eating and drinking resulting in some rather comical pictures/videos (i am building a great collection of pictures to blackmail moomin with) it also led to a conversation between myself and moomin which resulted in a MTT prop bet that hopefully will take place next month (he is only number 2 now what chance does he stand?)

Somehow i never got to bed till 1pm which was a bit stupid seeing as i had booked a hotel room in Stanstead for a early Friday flight to Bratislava for Reevio's stag do! Despite the bizarre sleep timings i managed to get to Stanstead and be up ready for the flight on Friday morning.

Now obviously there are strict rules on what i can talk about in relation to the aforementioned stag do! Those in attendance who might be known to the forum included Alex Martin, Jon Raab (my 2 luxury accommodation room mates) Mike Butlin and Simon Wolf. I think Alex is of the same opinion as me, we now understand why there are so many Slovakian's living in England, the place is an absolute hole! A throw back to the soviet republic there is very little visible change i imagine to how it was 20 years ago, our hotel was an 'authentic Communist hotel' and was slightly odd the kinda decor that you would be familar with if you have seen movies made about the USSR, it is also fair to say that although one might imagine Slovakian women to be very good looking we in the UK have been blessed with the migration of the slightly more attractive section of society and the standards do not hold in mother Slovakia!!!

As to the stag do well it was a lot of fun, we all got involved in shooting hand guns, not something i have done before so that was fun, i also learned a lot about dolphins.....

Although i have played no poker since Tuesday i have been on somewhat of a heater, i managed to purchase 16% of blonde's own Dave Penly (RiverDave) in the £5000 PLO event at the Empire where he managed an extremely impressive 6th place finish for over £40,000!

This was trumped however when i returned home by one of my 'perma' horses who managed to get deep in the Sunday Brawl on FTP, now i am suffering quite heavily from Man Flu and so was winding down in bed about to go to sleep when i saw he posted a hand which had a rather large pot attached to it, so curiosity got the better of me and i fired up FTP to see he was deep. I am so glad i did as i railed rookie along with a strong blonde contingent for hours as he quite literally battled his way through the field, he was extremely card dead and when he did finally find a hand he got done over!

After a while though he managed to secure a spot on the final not far short of average chips and again showed remarkable patience and resilience which paid off when he found a couple of hands in the space of an orbit to go from a very short 5th out of 5 to a big CL! Once CL it was pretty much game over for his opponents and not long after our hero captured the title and an impressive $73,000+

Congratulations RookieITB a top draw result and i think i am right in saying it means you now have 3 cashes bigger than my biggest ever cash!

I should also note that my share of his win is bigger than anything i have ever cashed for! I am very happy but also embarrassed by this so i am very much on a quest to resolve that stat as soon as possible!

P.S. I might tell you a funny story involving neo-nazi's a bit later...

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »

Did Alex drink on friday then just sleep the rest of the weekend ?

One thing Alex did very little of was sleep!

name 1 quality that you believe all the great players share....

Adaptability, there are tonnes of players that have done well in one sphere against static oppos or era defining strats, although most of these are good players they lack the ability to beat any game from any era.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

Biggest cashes..

and you?

Cheesy

HI HELEN!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »

Biggest cashes..

and you?

Cheesy

meh my biggest was live for $31k then next also live for $24k

Online i have 6 results between $14k and $12k but that's as high as it goes, what can i say some of us run bad when the prizepool is decent!!

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »

You didnt run bad in decent prizepool last night Wink

HI HELEN!
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2008, 08:20:06 PM »

As to the stag do well it was a lot of fun, we all got involved in shooting hand guns, not something i have done before so that was fun, i also learned a lot about dolphins.....

OMG, he's shot Flipper!

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »

Hmmm i had been told Bratislava was an absolute hole before i went on a stag do earlier this year and thought it was ok. Stuck almost strictly to the old town though and a day trip to Vienna. The only scary bit was the "karaoke" place we went to which looked like a prison with guards outside.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »

OMG, he's shot Flipper!

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »

I just realised that every one of my above cashes I had to give away a %!

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: