blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 08:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272981 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156848 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 04, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »

OK i don't have any of the training site things but going to get someone else to upload it when i get back from Bristol.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: December 04, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »

Sweeet!

+1...amazing win...unless you staked yourself in which case you'd be your own horse and your horses run good Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2008, 09:45:36 PM »

oops!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7772344.stm

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2008, 10:03:54 PM »

So much for being the best of the best. Not sure how you'd manage, or what you'd be doing, to get into a flat spin over a residential area.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »

Excellent result, nice one.
The Sicilian also sends his congratulations but still wants a fight apparently.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2008, 04:20:53 AM »

OK sorted out getting the 50r into cardrunners replayer, you just need to sign up for the registered guest access to see it, so no need to subscribe if you don't want to.

http://www.cardrunners.com/members/replayer/replayer.php?session_id=77350

547 hands long so might take a while but i hope some of you find the time to look through it and find it useful, i will obviously try and answer any questions anyone has about it.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2008, 05:46:10 AM »

OK sorted out getting the 50r into cardrunners replayer, you just need to sign up for the registered guest access to see it, so no need to subscribe if you don't want to.

547 hands long so might take a while but i hope some of you find the time to look through it and find it useful, i will obviously try and answer any questions anyone has about it.

Well, that's my weekend sorted then.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2008, 06:33:26 AM »

skimming thou it m8. looks like u ran golden to me :-) Hand 18 u open blast utg with ak and get a redic call from 97. Why do that? Because u dont wanna open raise and c bet fold? Hand 188 there a mp raise and shortie basically calls allin and u flat with qq why?? The bb goes all in and u win a nice pot v aj. If the AJ folds and u take the flip what plans do u have if an ace or king pops?

Oh just realised it was the rb period. forgot it was a rb
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:38:40 AM by Amatay » Logged

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2008, 06:40:46 AM »

hand 260 u raise utg with aj and 1 caller and u check call a 9hi flop then it goes check check and u bet river???

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2008, 06:43:28 AM »

hand 263 utg makes it 8k and u make it 20k with 78ss. how comes?

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2008, 06:52:37 AM »

hand 346 u raise with J10 and call a rraise oop. what do u do if u flop tp?? Isnt this kinda spewy. sry about all the questions :-)

hand 363 looks spewy to me aswell?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:54:35 AM by Amatay » Logged

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2008, 07:04:13 AM »

hand 400 with kj. talk us through that one pls :-)

All done. wp sir

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 09, 2008, 04:37:03 PM »

Hand 188 there a mp raise and shortie basically calls allin and u flat with qq why?? The bb goes all in and u win a nice pot v aj. If the AJ folds and u take the flip what plans do u have if an ace or king pops?

Ok the only guy at the table who covers me opens 4x, we are 2 of the tournament chip leaders so i am slight unsure about 3 betting as he probably folds out 95% of worse hands, by flatting i can get better action whilst keeping the pot small, this is further enforced when the 4k stack calls all in, now the CL is never going to 4b bluff me, throw into the mix now that if one of the blinds now finds a hand they are always going to jam given their stack sizes it makes calling the best play imo.

If i take a flop in a dry pot in this spot and CB's an A hi flop i probably just fold, if he bets K hi i probably make a small raise.

hand 260 u raise utg with aj and 1 caller and u check call a 9hi flop then it goes check check and u bet river???

Yeah this hand i was opening a lot and now the button flats, everyone knows the button never has it so i check called the flop, probs a bit bad but i think i have the best hand. This is not good play, however it does look like i have a small/medium PP when the board reads 4567 by the river its very tough for him to call me with AQ or weak 1 pair hands, i got lucky in that a good spot came for me to bluff/stop him bluffing.

hand 263 utg makes it 8k and u make it 20k with 78ss. how comes?

Yeah he is kinda week bad that guy, figured he will give up a lot of good hands if i re-pop his UTG open given our stack sizes obviously i got it a bit wrong and he decided to flat pre, maybe i should have made it 22-24k i havent played with the guy that much though so its hard to know how spewy he can be pre.

It is very common though now on stars and tilt for people to snap raise from UTG, if you actually choose a random decent sized MTT with semi competent players you will notice the number of hands raised UTG is not that far off the number of button raises, putting in 20k here to steal 14.9k it obviously doesn't have to get through that often to be profitable but in my experience it will get through a hell of a lot of the time.

It also helps when you flop OESD with FD and 2 overs Cheesy

hand 346 u raise with J10 and call a rraise oop. what do u do if u flop tp?? Isnt this kinda spewy. sry about all the questions :-)

hand 363 looks spewy to me aswell?

346: I was opening a shit loads of pots and i really didn't want people to start 3 betting me, if you notice i was 3 bet just a few hands earlier when i had AA and i just flat called, so i decided i could flat call here and it would have to make him slightly concerned, the call looks a bit spewy in isolation but if it now makes him think that whenever i get 3 bet i am going to take a flop it should pay for itself, JTs aint the worst hand to see a flop with anyway. If he checks the flop behind i am firing the turn, if i flop tp i probably do a chunk....

363: I didn't want to 3 bet this hand as i was winning a lot of small pots and wanted to keep doing so, they all seemed really uncomfortable playing flops, i decided to just flat when it came T62h i was check folding, however when he checks behind i thought i might be ahead, the paired 6 is a great card, reduces chance he has a 6, he cant have a T so i am worried about PP's and flopped flush, so i lead for 24k he called pretty quick, at this point i thought a scared mid range PP or 2 overs with a heart. The king is a horrible card on the river so i check and now he fires 38k, i like the bet size he makes here i decided to call because my line looks like air and so he can be bluffing but i didn't expect to win the pot too often however if he is bluffing just 1/3 times its +CEV and again there is some meta benefit to them thinking i am a calling station (as i am sure you noticed later on when they just rolled over)

hand 400 with kj. talk us through that one pls :-)

All done. wp sir

My fave hand Cheesy

I flat the flop 3 way because i thought my hand might still be the best but also because they will both assume i am on the flush draw if i do this, its what i would think if someone overcalled, when the turn brought the 3rd diamond i knew i could find out for a really small bet size if i could win the pot so i only bet 42.5 into 180k+ which is obviously never a bluff.....the river comes the 4th diamond and now i fire again, here i am even more confident i can get this through as his line makes it hard for him to have the given he tanked before calling the turn, all i have to do is fire a milky looking bet and he can't call especially as its nearly half his stack.

I hope that has helped explain some of it, unfortunately i am not the best writer in the world this room so if there is still stuff that i can explain better ask me about the hand and i can wack it on PHA or on here in isolation as i can get my point across a lot better when i make lots of small posts, i dunno why.

Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: December 09, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »

nice one flushy, getting a cup of coffee and going to watch the lot.

wp
Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2008, 06:19:20 PM »

Hand 539 was a crucial pot and you got your opponent to overplay his hand badly. You seemed to target him more than the guy you ended up heads up with, often reraising his raises with ok hands - do you have history with him or was it just observation of his style? The two of you seemed to be vying for table captain and someone had to crack.

Really enjoyed the quick run throgh will watch in more detail later - cardrunners not something i've watched much before looks a good site.

great play and wd.

oh look - post number 500. Must get a blonde hat or something for that??
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:21:03 PM by Bigfella » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: