blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ryder Cup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 19457 times)
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 01:49:54 PM »

Being at home is a significant advantage, but so to is the fact that Tiger Woods is not playing.  

Sorry , I cant accept the fact that the best golfer ever, being injured is a plus for any side, even his his record is nothing to write home about...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 02:02:23 PM »

Being at home is a significant advantage, but so to is the fact that Tiger Woods is not playing.  

Sorry , I cant accept the fact that the best golfer ever, being injured is a plus for any side, even his his record is nothing to write home about...

I understand what you are saying, but this is an individual sport, that has a team game once every couple of years.  All the attention goes on Tiger Woods, and despite what anyone says, this has to affect the other players and make them feel less important to the team.

IMO i dont think it is any coincidence that Europe have won the last 3 Ryder Cups whilst Tiger has been at the top of the sport.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »

I want Europe to smash the septics, but I want Poulter to lose every match.

i also want europe to win big, and for nick faldo to get food poisoning at the celebration dinner...

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »

I understand what you are saying, but this is an individual sport, that has a team game once every couple of years.  All the attention goes on Tiger Woods, and despite what anyone says, this has to affect the other players and make them feel less important to the team.

IMO i dont think it is any coincidence that Europe have won the last 3 Ryder Cups whilst Tiger has been at the top of the sport.

Azinger wanted him there as his right man, or one of, so he thinks Tiger has an absolute positive effect on the side. When playing surely the other players look at the next match etc, and see Tiger getting ready in the locker room, would you really want anybody else instead of him to hole that crucial putt?  Must give them confidence to have him there...

we''ll agree to disagree!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »

Azinger wanted him there as his right man, or one of, so he thinks Tiger has an absolute positive effect on the side. When playing surely the other players look at the next match etc, and see Tiger getting ready in the locker room, would you really want anybody else instead of him to hole that crucial putt?  Must give them confidence to have him there...

I think had the USA performed better over the last 3 Ryder Cups then it maybe wouldnt be so much of an issue, but you do get a lot of stories come out of the American camp that it is difficult being on the same team as Tiger.

There is no right answer so i'll agree to disagree as well  (unless the USA win in which case i will be proved right  Wink )
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 02:58:25 PM »

I think had the USA performed better over the last 3 Ryder Cups then it maybe wouldnt be so much of an issue, but you do get a lot of stories come out of the American camp that it is difficult being on the same team as Tiger.

There is no right answer so i'll agree to disagree as well  (unless the USA win in which case i will be proved right  Wink )

I think to some extent you are both right - in the singles I think there's no doubt Tiger must be an inspiration to the rest of the US team, but in the fourballs and foursomes he's never yet had a steady partnership which has worked and I think that to some extent this unsettles the team because if Tiger can't find that chemistry with someone then what chance have the mere mortals got!!

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
seven2unsuited

josepebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 06:05:13 PM »

was looking at prices for top point scorers.  mcdowell was 20/1 for top uk scorer and 1/4 1st 3.  suppose it depends who plays who, dunno what his match play is like. also 40/1 for top scorer
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 06:23:48 PM »

tiger woods is a huge miss. I wouldn't play him in foursomes but I'd take him in the other three rounds for any team.

ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 07:36:44 PM »

I am gutted he didnt pick Clarke, Poulter should not be there in Clarke's place.
That being said I now hope he does well.

Faldo is very experienced in the Ryder Cup so if he feels he only needs 1 co captian then I am sure it will be fine. Dont forget that on the first 2 days there will only be 8 members of the team on the course at any one time so there are always 4 other players to use in that capacity. And on sunday it doesnt matter anyway once all the players are out.

Azinger is no hero either. Famous quote by Seve a few years back "The american team is 11 nice guys and Paul Azinger".

I think this one is too close to call to be honest.

I love the Ryder cup. When its close it is without doubt the best sporting event on TV.
Even though we won, the fact that the last 2 have not been close has detracted from the entertainment value a bit.

I hope we win but I hope we edge it in a tight tussle on Sunday.

Booked the afternoon off work on Friday to sit in the pub and watch it. Cant wait

Best QM ever

FACT !
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 07:45:58 PM »

Henrik Stenson top points scorer 16/1
ItsMrAlex2u

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 08:03:15 PM »

do you think he will play every match? I wouldnt have thought so, hence the price

Best QM ever

FACT !
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 11:09:26 PM »

I wouldnt have thought so, hence the price

He's about 6th shortest in the market!

Yeah, I think he will.
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 11:37:39 PM »

Henrik Stenson top points scorer 16/1

I like the look of that.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 09:46:26 AM »

I've noticed you're not his biggest fan.

What did he do ?  Shag your granny ?

This is the first time in over twenty years I've been totally confident that we're going to stuff the Yanks.

That's an absolute drubbing for Europe pretty much guaranteed then, I'm afraid.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 10:48:49 PM »

I've noticed you're not his biggest fan.

What did he do ?  Shag your granny ?

This is the first time in over twenty years I've been totally confident that we're going to stuff the Yanks.

That's an absolute drubbing for Europe pretty much guaranteed then, I'm afraid.

No, My granny would never have slept with a gooner Smiley

Truth is, Poulter is everything I dislike in a person who is mediocre in his field, he is brash arrogant and deluded... and he supports the @rse.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: