blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273471 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ryder Cup
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 19706 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

Poulters the last game out on sunday on the last hole he has a put to win or lose the Ryder cup he sinks it we win he misses we lose.Would you want him to make the putt?

PS I agree with what your saying.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

Poulters the last game out on sunday on the last hole he has a put to win or lose the Ryder cup he sinks it we win he misses we lose.Would you want him to make the putt?

NO.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2008, 01:55:36 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

NO.

Seriously Huh?
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

NO.

In fact that would be my dream scenario, the headlines "POULTER COSTS EUROPE THE RYDER CUP" would be fantastic.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

NO.

Seriously Huh?

Yes seriously ... to have someone like him (who shouldnt even be in the team) lauded and feted as a hero would seriously stick in my throat.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

NO.

In fact that would be my dream scenario, the headlines "POULTER COSTS EUROPE THE RYDER CUP" would be fantastic.

Fair enough
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2008, 02:00:46 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

NO.

In fact that would be my dream scenario, the headlines "FALDO'S CHOICE POULTER COSTS EUROPE THE RYDER CUP" would be fantastic.

FYP

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »

It seems alot of you guys seem to resent Nick Faldo , i can't see why , sure he may have come across aloof and pompous or whatever in his day , but you can't fault a guy that was driven by been one of the best of all time , and alot like steve davis who has been mentioned in this thread , he was not particularly liked during his heyday but both imo have mellowed out in there old age and have shown character im sure people did'nt know they had, Faldo doing the commentary for u.s tv been an example

Anyway talk of wanting Europe to lose just because of Faldo or his wildcard picks is horseshit imo .
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »

Poulter has already sunk the put that won us the Ryder Cup. I'd happily settle for him to do it again.
COME ON EUROPE!
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2008, 02:36:40 PM »

I cant beleive you can say that Steve Davis has limited talent! He is without doubt in the top 3 snooker players of all time! I think i understand what you were trying to say regarding Alex Higgins having shedloads of ability but not working at it but i think you need to revise your pick for limited ability who works really hard!

Exactly.

Steve Davis is one of my sporting heroes.

But he wasn't one of the most naturally talented players out there.

Apart from Higgins, look at players like O'sullivan, Hendry, Williams, White, Reardon. To name a few

So talent wise he's somewhere in the top 10.  But success wise he's 2nd to Hendry. The difference between the Readon era, and Davis was huge.  But the difference between Davis and Hendry was titchy in comparison.

Davis is the most important man in the history of the game imo.  But naturally he wasn't the most talented.  A huge amount of his success was down to hard work and dedication.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2008, 02:53:28 PM »

It seems alot of you guys seem to resent Nick Faldo , i can't see why , sure he may have come across aloof and pompous or whatever in his day , but you can't fault a guy that was driven by been one of the best of all time , and alot like Steve Davis who has been mentioned in this thread , he was not particularly liked during his heyday but both imo have mellowed out in there old age and have shown character im sure people did'nt know they had, Faldo doing the commentary for u.s tv been an example

Anyway talk of wanting Europe to lose just because of Faldo or his wildcard picks is horseshit imo .

BTW Faldo is another of my heroes.  He had one of the best games of all of the British players ( The European tour was still mainly GB & Ire + Sevvy at the time ) but knew enough that he destroyed his game for 3 years to come back with an unshakable swing that would stand up under limitless pressure.   It was only his putting going off that stopped him staying at the top for even longer.

A lot of his arrogance was down to his drive to win.  A trait missing in most British sportsmen ( Poulter included, I fear ), but one which should be respected, not despised.  On the course he played a more gentlemanly game than someone like Sevvy, who was better at the pr, but definitely included gamesmanship in amongst his weaponry.  ( Of course Sevvy winding up the Yanks was a good thing - not the same at all  Wink )

Also anyone that carries on playing when they know their game is second best also rates hugely as far as I'm concerned.  Sandy Lyle's love for the game was a case in point.  And I hope Monty gets his game back enough to compete in the Ryder cup again.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »

If Poulter were to go in the rough and hurt his wrist so badly he couldn't play again it wouldn't be a shame. Having seen the way he treats people and the things he does whilst on tour and heard that they are not one off i can only agree with Kev.

Hopefully Valhalla is one of those courses with Crocs and he gets what he deserves.

Sandy
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2008, 03:09:59 PM »

USA USA

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »

Scenario for you Kev

NO.

Seriously Huh?

Yes seriously ... to have someone like him (who shouldnt even be in the team) lauded and feted as a hero would seriously stick in my throat.

I rest my case.

PS Exactly which part of "captain's pick" are you struggling to comprehend when you say that Poulter "shouldn't be in the team"?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:01:48 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »

Stenson's initials the only ones not on Faldo's paper, anyone know anything?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: