blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273470 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ryder Cup
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup  (Read 19704 times)
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 10:51:19 PM »

im supporting the americans because of faldo and poulter

so shoot me!
seven2unsuited

josepebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:25 AM »

im supporting the americans because of faldo and poulter

so shoot me!

want europe to win. can't stand those two either though remind me of typical golf gimps at my local courses. public courses ftw!!
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 03:32:16 AM »

I want Europe to smash the septics, but I want Poulter to lose every match.

I've noticed you're not his biggest fan.

What did he do ?  Shag your granny ?

This is the first time in over twenty years I've been totally confident that we're going to stuff the Yanks.

That's an absolute drubbing for Europe pretty much guaranteed then, I'm afraid.

No, My granny would never have slept with a gooner Smiley

Truth is, Poulter is everything I dislike in a person who is mediocre in his field, he is brash arrogant and deluded... and he supports the @rse.

Damn, I think your granny's hot.

I'd best keep my head down then, I can honestly deny 'brash', but apart from that I'm in trouble.

I prefer to see him as a man of limited ability maximising his earning potential
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 09:04:42 AM »

Did anyone see the Faldo press conference last night - he seems to be losing it IMO.

I have never liked the guy, despite the fact he is probably the best ever British golfer, he is so self-centrered and arrogant.  From stories in the past, i am not sure that too many of today's players particularly like him and that cannot be good for team morale.

If it wasnt for the fact that i want Europe to win so much, i would be putting a bet on the USA, but really want to be sitting there sunday night cheering us on so instead just a couple of small bets for me on Kim to be top USA point scorer and Jiminez to be top Europe point scorer.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 09:51:27 AM »

Did anyone see the Faldo press conference last night - he seems to be losing it IMO.

Yeah looked really uncomfortable infront of the press.  Hopefully Europe crush it all the same.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »

lol Faldo at the American reporter who said Ma-tur-aty and Faldo was like wha wha?
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »

Ok Faldo's no good with the media.  Ok so he's arrogant.  He was the world's number 1 golfer ffs.  You don't get there without arrogance.

Admittedly he's never got on with Monty etc.  Which, I think is why he didn't pick Clarke - he wanted the younger generation that would look up to him as a legend, rather than see him as a pain in the bum peer. ( Which is possibly a mistake that might well come back to bite him ).

Poulter is making as much money as his limited talent will allow.  He definately wasn't the best pick for Faldo to make - Clarke would have been a much stronger team player.

But he's not an awful player, and even with him included , I think the Yanks are as weak as they have been as individuals.  I just worry that Azinger's will to win will be contagious.

I think a lot of it is down to the rookies.  Rose, Wilson and McDowell, have gotta be better than Weekley, Curtis, Kim, Holmes and Mahan combined.

And their more experienced guys are experienced in getting their buts kicked.

I'm not too bothered about co-captains.  Every guy out there is like a captain on the course.

Go go Team Euro.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »

Poulter is officially ranked at #25 in the world ffs, that is not mediocre by anyone's standards except maybe Tiger's.

Please don't get sucked in by Kev's bigotry against anything and anyone even vaiguely connected with Arsenal FC.

Poulter is well worth his pick and is also well worth a small wager at the 20/1 on BF to be "top European" imho.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »

Poulter is officially ranked at #25 in the world ffs, that is not mediocre by anyone's standards except maybe Tiger's.

Please don't get sucked in by Kev's bigotry against anything and anyone even vaiguely connected with Arsenal FC.

Poulter is well worth his pick and is also well worth a small wager at the 20/1 on BF to be "top European" imho.

It would possibly be the most amusing thing ever if poulter was top european just for how much it would tilt Kev.GL Poulter & Co.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 12:14:22 PM »

When I say limited, I mean he's not going to get to the top.  I don't mean it as an insult.  I think Steve Davis is the best of having limited talent, but making the most of it, unlike, say, an Alex Higgins, who had too much talent, and never made the most of it.

To me respect is due to someone who maximises their ability, over someone who wastes it.

But Clarke would definately have been the better choice.  Poulter has got a reasonable game, but he's not a proven recent winner.  Clarke has won two tourneys this year.

I don't dislike Poulter, but I don't like him enough to want to argue with someone who I won't change their opinion, and I don't really care enough to be bothered.  So lets put that to one side, and look at other things which are more interesting.

I think Poulter isn't going to have as much influence as a Captain's choice should have.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »

Poulters a first class cock but he aint that bad a player, sure clarke was a better pick but thats in the past.

Garcia for top euro player!
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »

Poulters a first class cock but he aint that bad a player, sure clarke was a better pick but thats in the past.

Garcia for top euro player!

Nah.

Harrington to step up to the plate.

Jedwick

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

I cant beleive you can say that Steve Davis has limited talent! He is without doubt in the top 3 snooker players of all time! I think i understand what you were trying to say regarding Alex Higgins having shedloads of ability but not working at it but i think you need to revise your pick for limited ability who works really hard!

Anyone know what the plural of Moose is???
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2008, 01:21:44 PM »

It is a bit crazy to say Steve Davis had Limited ability he maybe reached the full potential of his ability but he is a snooker legend and one of the best to play the game imo.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2008, 01:48:26 PM »

LOL at my bigotry of anyone or anything connected with the @rse ... In truth, if he was a spurs fan I would still dislike him in equal measures, he is arrogant, brash and has delusions as to his ability , he is a good golfer, he makes a good living at the game, thats a given and a fact that no one can argue against ... but when said prick decides to spout off about how he & Tiger are the only 2 players out there that can play the game, well thats where Ego outweighs his ability a billion fold.

If he had actually won anything of note, then fair enough ... making a living in the pie & pea tournaments because you can consistently make cuts isnt good enough. if you run your mouth off with ridiculous statements you are going to get slaughtered.  same goes for his "attire" if you are going to dress like a fkin clown, then you really shouldnt play like one, drawing attention to yourself in the way he does is quite frankly embarrassing, and he does it because his game is not good enough to win a major.

Lets be honest, If poulter never wore clown outfits and never courted the media by going out on the piss with his showbiz chums (A couple of members of westlife LMFAO)
no one would know that much about him as he is a mediocre player that has a level of ability to make up the numbers and make a living without winning tournaments.

Rant over, like i said previously, I hope we spank the yanks, but I hope poulter has a mare !

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: