blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 23757 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 03:14:15 PM »

He may be a dedicated follower of fashion, but dedicated followers of Paul Parker are going to be disappointed with the news that the dapper player is a goner.

He was seen propping up the bar with the also eliminated Jeff Kimber, dazzling with his unique brand of non-stop up beat banter.

Bad luck Paul!

What a nasty start for the Brits. I hope Julian's ok!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 03:14:47 PM »

Ian Frazer has doubled up to around 90k. Gus Hansen raised to 3,200 in early position, the button re-raised to 9,700 and then Frazier moved his entire 44k stack in the middle. Hansen agonised before passing what I think was A-K before the reraiser called with A-K as well. Frazer shower the slightly surprising but ahead and doubled up on the two hearts board.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 03:55:37 PM »

Willie Tann was seen betting out 4,000 following a check from a player in the blinds into a Q-3-3 board. As the wily veteran played with his chips, Vanessa Rousso, head bowed, asked for a count.

Willie immediately threw his hands away from the table to give her a clear view of his approximately 23k stack remaining.

Vanessa flat called...

Back to the player in the small blind who minimum raise to 8,000...

Willie passed and Vanessa also instantly passed J-Q face up!

The player mucked his cards instantly to scrape in the pot.

Vanessa down to 60k or so after this hand...

Here's Willie:

"Why have they always got it! Run so bad!"

And the red-hot Vanessa:

"I'm not a nit...just smart!"

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
bother84

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »

Is it possible to get chip counts on Erik Sjodin, Jon Heath and Tomas Mcnamara (Fionn) ty
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »

Also out, a member of that exclusive club of soon-to-be-millionaires, the November Nine, is Scott Montgomery.

He was seen agonising over a decision for his tournament life following a raise from late position, before finally calling his stack and future chances off with A-9, only to be shown the dominating A-J for his troubles.

With his hopes fading a 8-Q-A-6-7 did nothing to allay this and the Canadian finds himself on the rail, forced to wait a whole month before being handed a 7 figure cheque.

Sigh, neverends

Still battling on is the granite figure of Priyan Demel though. He has 54k at present and in contrast to many of the bedraggled characters inhabiting the felt today, Priyan is his usual neatly turned out self and looks composed and ready for anything.

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 04:16:58 PM »

Is Vicky Coren still in? ty

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 04:18:52 PM »

As testament to the fact that some players are finding today's play tough going, here is the normally glamorous Beth, perhaps in need of a coffee to perk her up.

She has circa 45,000 at this point...

Another casualty of the early stages is Ramzi Jellassi, the young Swede having to shelve his hopes of EPT glory for now...

CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 04:21:44 PM »

Chris/Rod how did Gus get to 72k chips for start of today ? On Wednesday at Level 8 he had less chips than me.
(Prob 12-13k) The banter was that people were waiting to play online - just goes to show how a few hands can change your fortunes around.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »

Neil Channing is out, as evidenced by the sight of him jumping into the £25/£50 cash games. He may prefer it there given the struggle he went through yesterday and the fact that the Vic cash games are his second home...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 04:29:48 PM »

Julian raises in midposition and a short stack pushes next to him for only a few thousand more. Thewy makes the call.

Thewy:
Shorty:

Two Clubs (Standard Thewy flop...) . Amazingly Julian loses a 40/60. He still has around 80k though.

Arnaud Mattern has been moved to the fierce-looking table that includes Gus Hansen, Barry Greenstein and Michael Martin. The Dane and the EPT Monte Carlo Finalist were just involved in a pot, Martin passing to Hansen's 4,800 bet on the turn of a three clubs board.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »

Meanwhile the Roland De Wolfe rollercoaster is over, after eliminating one player with vs he then bet 7k on the river of a board against Peter Eastgate, Eastgate raised enough to set De Wolfe in and Roland looked puzzled. "What can you have?" he said. Roland made the call flipping for the rivered set but the WSOP ME finalist showed for the nuts to eliminate another Brit.

Not a good day for the Britis.

Peter Eastgate

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »

Eric Liu has been one of the first recipients of the yellow 5k chips. The Card Runners man has about 90k at the moment.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »

Chris/Rod how did Gus get to 72k chips for start of today ? On Wednesday at Level 8 he had less chips than me.
(Prob 12-13k) The banter was that people were waiting to play online - just goes to show how a few hands can change your fortunes around.

Getting all-in with A-Q vs A-K vs K-K and winning helped. Wink (He four-flushed)

bother84

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »

Any news yet on Erik Sjodin, Jon Heath and Tomas Mcnamara (Fionn). Just heard Fionn could be on around 90k.
Thanks Cheesy
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 05:02:34 PM »

Any news yet on Erik Sjodin, Jon Heath and Tomas Mcnamara (Fionn). Just heard Fionn could be on around 90k.
Thanks Cheesy

Press access is restricted but I'll go and have a look for them shortly.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: