blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272587 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT London: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 23749 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »

David Beyamine has been added to this growing table of Doom featuring Gus Hansen, though as soon as he sat down he instigated some prop betting with Hansen and Barry Greenstein, grabbing some pens and paper from a slightly startled Snoopy.

Meanwhile in the hand in progress, Michael Martin raised a 10.5k bet to 50k on a , effectively putting Georges Moussa all-in, but the latter declined to call handy another decent pot to his fellow American.

Ian Frazer then doubled up through Gus Hansen, with against after the board came two spades

bother84

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »

aha ok thanks very much Smiley Heard your not going to be doing any more epts for the time being but just wanna say all at blonde do a great job. Met the blonde people at the after party at Ept Monte Carlo earlier this year and you were all top guys and gals Smiley
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 05:15:58 PM »

Big Stack Watch!

Johannes Strassman - 240k.

Johannes has multiple EPT cashes behind him including a few final tables. The German is definitely one of the up and coming stars of the game and many think he bears a passing resemblance to Jason Bourne.

Not entirely convinced. Thoughts?

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 05:19:42 PM »

And another meaty stack is that of the sometimes controversial, but always accomplished, Sorel Mizzi.

The Canadian is following up his near bracelet miss in the WSOPE where he finished runner up to Dane Theo Jorgensen in the £5k PLO event with another deep, impressive run here.

The man known online as "imper1ium" has about 190k at present...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »

Who's Hot And Who's not?

With hotties Beth Shak and Vanessa Rousso still hanging in there, here are two more female poker stars who are in good shape both in chips and in other ways!

Here is Vicky Coren, flying the flag for blighty and looking to pick up her second EPT title at the Vic, a locale she knows well and where everybody knows her name.

Cheers Vicky and good luck with your 80k stack. She'll have to avoid the sticky plundering hands of her adjacent competitor Max Pescatori though, who'll be looking to get his hands on her booty...as it were.

Also battling on, a report that will please update regular jpean, is former French actress Alexia Portal, member of the accomplished team Winamax.

Alexia has 60k at present.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:28:56 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 05:36:29 PM »

Some more shots from the floor.

Carter Gill, the verbose American who ruffles feathers sometimes with his abrasive table talk - 80k.

Just out of shot but seated next to Carter we have Scotty Nguyen. The extrovert $50k WSOP HORSE winner is slightly subdued today, with barely even a whisper of a single "baby" to be heard at his table.

He has come slathered in his usual assortment of bling though and it's hard to miss the mulleted star even when he's quieter than usual.

Maybe someone should buy him a beer...ahem.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 05:41:17 PM »

The man with the hat, none other than Mr Nicholas Levi is still hanging on by his fingertips with 35,000 or so.

Here he is, primed for business, hat squarely on his head.

"I've been up and down all day today" he told me. "Still in the danger zone you know."

Joe Grech has a similar stack - 35k - but considering he returned at the start of the day with 10k, this represents a big increase in his good fortunes and as a result we see the laughing, joking Grech so recognizable to players and media on the UK circuit.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:42:57 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »

Any news yet on Erik Sjodin, Jon Heath and Tomas Mcnamara (Fionn). Just heard Fionn could be on around 90k.
Thanks Cheesy

Sorry, I can't find any of them. If they've lost their table number cards it'll be impossible to find them without a picture. Their tables are all broken but looking around the remaining tables, I couldn't find any of them. Photos would be helpful and I'll try again on the next trip.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 05:49:24 PM »

And here's a danger man, Julian Thew.

Julian has been busy but the various stack fluctuations have left him bobbing up and down before coming to rest with almost exactly what he started with - roughly 80k or so.

It sounds like Julian may have a bit of a sniffle germinating in his system too. Let's hope the William Hill sponsored player will just be blowing his nose and not his stack too!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »

Beth Shak has eliminated Andres Kovacs with Aces vs Kings. As Kovacs debated the call. Beth Shak DID NOT dance around the area shouting, "I got it, I got it" before singing with Phil Hellmuth "We got it, we got it.

She did have it though and Kovacs departed after a kingless board.

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »

Cheers Vicky and good luck with your 80k stack

Nooorm

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 06:14:08 PM »

Beth Shak has eliminated Andres Kovacs with Aces vs Kings. As Kovacs debated the call. Beth Shak DID NOT dance around the area shouting, "I got it, I got it" before singing with Phil Hellmuth "We got it, we got it.

She did have it though and Kovacs departed after a kingless board.

lol quality

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »

And now as we're on a break it's time for............

DWELLATHON 2008!!!!!

Starring !

Gus Hansen and Arnaud Mattern!!

We join the action on the river of a two hearts board with Gus Hansen to act after Arnaud Mattern called his 6,600 bet on the turn.

Gus thinks...

No, he really thinks...

Like forever...

But then he checks, and it's over to Arnaud, who thinks...

Readjusts his glasses and thinks some more...

Before he too checks, Gus says, "I can't win, flipping ." Arnaud shows Two Diamonds for bottom two pair. Gus, consoling his short stack says, to no-one in particular, "I had Jack Ten and didn't raise it in the small blind." He sighs.

allinstevie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »

has stevie444 busted??
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 06:16:33 PM »

We have been told that the play will go to eight levels or 32 players left, whichever comes first.

With a mere 73 players left at his point, it looks more than possible that they will reach that magic point of 32 players first though nothing is predictable in poker!

At the moment there are a host of French players still in the mix....

David Benyamine has 60k and countryman Arnaud Mattern, the man capable of stopping trains with a single raised eyebrow, is storming along with 120k!

There are plenty of other French still in the mix. As someone in the pressroom commented "The frogs are doing well!"

French blogger Benjo was quick to retort with his own gentle mock. "The rosbif not doing so well!"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: