blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:42:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345041 times)
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 05:29:17 PM »

You can't make this stuff up.

Newcastle defender Habib Beye has won his appeal against the red card he received in the 2-2 draw with Manchester City on Monday.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »

You can't make this stuff up.

Newcastle defender Habib Beye has won his appeal against the red card he received in the 2-2 draw with Manchester City on Monday.

I can't understand your reaction. I can understand being suprised, because the FA never do stuff like this. But I just dont think there is an arguement about this being the right decision. Gives me a little more confidence going into the weekend.

Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »

Just wish they could clarify the rules on this and have some consistency. Will see what happens over the season.
Still it could be worse, we could support Spurs.  Wink
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 12:15:03 AM »

See the thing with football is imo everyone likes to take the piss out of other teams stuggling and all that,Me personally i'd rather see spurs stay in the prem as they are a well supported club and are a decent size club(not as big as the toon though of course)

The start of the season was great everything was looking promising then bang keegans gone sack the board blah de blah everyone knows,well obviously i was a bt down about all of this as my club is a massive deal for me as it is for many genuine football fans up and down the country.However i reached a turning point and it was actually the blackburn game we were 2-0 at half time on course for another defeat and if i'm honest i wanted to leave at half time as i was defeated,then a thought bs get back out there support my team and see how it goes 2nd half owen got an early pen we got beat but i really enjoyed the 2nd half we played a lot better than we had been and i was encouraged at how things went

Then i went down to everton had a great weekend down in leeds and fully expected newcastle to spoil the great weekend that i'd had with a defeat at everton but then you get there start to get involved(i.e have a few bevvies) and you begin to have the belief your going to win and by the time ur in the ground how can you not win.Then 2-0 down within half hour ffs back to reality with a bang.But hold on taylor equalises on half time we play immense 2nd half and i had great fun atmosphere was tremendous and although we couldve,maybe shouldve won we got a good point and i went home a happy man.

Then it's the biggie coming up within 2 weeks and i've never had the fortune of getting a ticket for the dark side, done a few of the home games against the mackems but not away(they are like gold).I meet a good mate down at everton who says if i cant get one myself he'll sort me a ticket out plus i have a few points on my season ticket so hope i'll be able to get one myself.Then it gets to wednesday doesn't look like im getting one on my ticket and me mate from everton also doesn't sound to confident of getting me one,so i'm in a right fettle allday on the wednesday "knew i wouldn't fookin get one" is all thats going through my head on weds.Then ring the club on thurs morning points have come down i got enough to get one of the last tickets Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii and i've been constantly on a buzz from then till saturday looking forward to the game,add in a good performance and a good atmosphere in the city game on monday and although it seems so bad it could be a lot worse.

Obviously i want the club to get sold and get sorted out and so we can get away from the relegation zone hopefully,but at the end of the day worse of the worse if we go down this season i'll still be there supponting my team what ever division we are in,BECAUSE IT'S MY LIFE IT'S WHAT I DO AND A LOVE IT !!!!!
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »

Must admit that from my own experience City going down turend out to be a good thing. For a start by playing in a lower league you have the chance of being at the top of a table rather than the middle or bottom for a change. There is also a greater chance of going to Wembley through the play offs than there is if you are a Prem team.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 05:58:51 PM »

Referee Rob Styles is on the brink of quitting the sport after a red card he gave to Newcastle's Habib Beye was overturned by the FA. Styles also apologised to Bolton earlier last month after incorrectly awarding a penalty to Manchester United in their 2-0 win. (Daily Mail)

Lets hope he doesnt change his mind !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 02:46:22 PM »

1439: Ugly. Fans are spilling onto the pitch, and fighting has broken out. We'll hear more about that I'm sure. Disappointing end to an engaging derby. Sunderland defeat Newcastle for the first time since 2000, when chairman Niall Quinn got the winner.

1438: FULL-TIME Sunderland 2-1 Newcastle

OOPS !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 08:07:45 PM »

I hate derby day. Well I hate this one. Away derby days are worse, I'm sat in my flat screeming at the tv knowing fine well its not having even the slightest effect that me doing it on a home day has.  I was more nervous than excited this morning, and that in itself shows where we are at the moment. I was supposed to be in college all day thinking about IAS' and ISA's but I left early to get back for kick off.

In terms of the performance we are just carrying too many sub standard players for the others to cover for. Steven Taylor is prime suspect number one. Has been a number of times for us already this season and for the U21 against Wales the other week you'd struggle to find a goal that wasnt his fault. He makes bad (childish) decisions, positionally isnt brilliant, and doesnt have a great deal of pace. He does have heart and passion, but he is still letting us down. The high ball exposed the defenders on both sides today with the wind, but I dont think we'll ever get a solid defence whilst he is in it. A proper left back would be good too - but we knew that since last season.

Nicky Butt. The bloke has come back from his FA cup semi final shocker and been one of our better, if not best performer over the last season. He is however becoming too much of a liability. I cant knock him for their 1st goal, struggling with an injury like that where he would have closed him out usually. He is too slow and his engine is gone. This causes him frustration because he has been such a top class player in his time. I think he has given away two penalties already this season and the free kick for the winner today, whilst perhaps calculated, gave the wrong result. Have to say it was an unbelievable hit. I left the room for it. I knew he was going to score after seeing his efforts last week against Fulham.

Shola Ameobi. Another goal and one or two pieces of good play in the first half but he is simply not good enough. His touches let him down serious, usually when we need them most, like in the second half and chasing the game. I think he usually takes more of a share of flack than he is due, because of the way he ambles around, but again we just cant carry him. I said somewhere earlier that I didnt think we'd win another game until Viduka came back - I didnt realise he would be out for the season when I said that. I hope I am wrong! Xisco looked awful to me, a couple of people said on here they had seen him and though he would be good. Havent seen any evidence of that and losing hope. The fact that Shola is getting in ahead of him (and Duff has played up top in other games) makes me think the people seeing him in training every day arent seeing it either. This might all still be the fall out of losing Alan Shearer and not putting something in place to replace him the year before he finsihed (probably because we spent the money on Owen I guess).

All in all another glum day leaving us with a massive game that I cant get to on Tuesday, another night making the neighbours thinking they live next door to a murdering tourets sufferer. Before that there is a big game for us tomorrow. tottenham Bolton. Whilst I'd obviosuly like to see spurs continue to suffer the ideal result is probably a draw edging on to a Spurs win. Shocking that so early in the season we are so interested in other results but I think we need to be.

In terms of the trouble I'm not sure how much its being played up. from the pictures I saw on sky it didnt look too bad, not like a mass riot. Certainly nowhere near some of the stuff we have even seen pretty recently with English clubs in the CL. I'd guess on a bit more segregation spacing next year though.

Anyhow, another down...

Summary Ratings

This game's satisfaction    0
Outlook Optimisim rating   6
Overall Happiness             5
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 09:08:53 PM by Rooky9 » Logged

ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 05:23:12 AM »

Blatant penalty and sending off. Had to laugh at the pundits that pointed out that he touched the ball first, which rule do they think they are referring to, the ball touching rule?  Cheesy

The same rule as the one that makes football non contact?! He wins the ball before sending him tumbling. The fact that two days later people from all experiences of football can't agree  makes it clear for me that it should not have been given.   Luckily for us Ameobi actually played so we got to play with 10, as we usually do when he plays!

Have to disagree I'm afraid.

The more open to discussion it is, the more correct it makes the descision.

It doesn't matter whether the descision was 'right' in actual terms ( after replays etc ).  As long as the ref can legitimately see it one way or the other ( which is all the discussion has proved ) it means that he called it as he saw it.

Which is all we can ask.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »

Oh well i just managed to save my mate from an on rushing stampede that he somehow hadn't noticed by pulling him back into the row after i seen a load of people running down the steps,they weren't stopping lol whole day was shit as rooky said i was also to nervous whereas in previous games ive always been a little nervous but totally confident we'd win

[  ] We took losing the derby well
[  ] I enjoyed being kept in the ground for over an hour because of the pricks who thought that was a bright idea,banning orders are the new IT thing i believe
[X] I sang there's only one Joey Barton
[  ] I care if people want to give me stick for that
[X] Now he's staying at the club i will support him as a player for the club if he gives us a 100%
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 12:07:25 PM »

Oh well i just managed to save my mate from an on rushing stampede that he somehow hadn't noticed by pulling him back into the row after i seen a load of people running down the steps,they weren't stopping lol whole day was shit as rooky said i was also to nervous whereas in previous games ive always been a little nervous but totally confident we'd win

[  ] We took losing the derby well
[  ] I enjoyed being kept in the ground for over an hour because of the pricks who thought that was a bright idea,banning orders are the new IT thing i believe
[X] I sang there's only one Joey Barton
[  ] I care if people want to give me stick for that
[X] Now he's staying at the club i will support him as a player for the club if he gives us a 100%

As long as he keeps his nose clean, I hope.

He's had enough last chances.  He's talking a good game, let's see if he can get through Xmas without kicking the shite out of someone.

If he stays off the booze, then maybe it'll work.  But one night out clubbing it, and it's all over.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »

Sod's law. Work commitments stopped me from going on Tuesday, and we win. I manage to cause myself serious pain within the first 10 minutes - mid a 'go on Oba' scream I managed to dislocate (self diagnosed) my jaw and spend the other 80 minutes in agony. My heart wasnt in too good a shape with the holding on at the end either.

I really liked the look of our midfield, and our play going forward in parts. Obviously the downside in the central midfield pairing on Tuesday is that neither likes to sit and we can get caught. It'll be interesting to see if he has any other ideas when against better teams and away from home. To be honest I just dont think we have the squad to change that much.

I was pleased to see a decent performance from Barton. Everything else aside he is a good player, worthy of the England fringes (more if Jermaine Jenas is) when in form and back playing games.

Defensively I cant really bear to think about it. Collocini got caught for the goal, horribly, but for me he has looked decent enough for us in the main. I'd love to see him play alongside someone who is as strong as him (Upson maybe) and see how they go. Also yet more evidence that we should just never ever ever buy Spanish players.

Summary Ratings

This game's satisfaction    7
Outlook Optimisim rating   7
Overall Happiness             6

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:29 PM »

An up! Get in.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 11:57:04 PM »

Villa get pwned today,we played immense was a great performance keep going like that and kinnear can keep the job for me,also find it rather amusing that newcastle are in "crisis" but sunderland are having a good season lol.Jonas guitierez is different gravy and even shola had a decent game
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 04:51:46 PM »

Just to keep this up to date for when I look back on a season ending in European quialification. (for the record this is light humour)

Thought we did really well last Monday. Certainly worth the 200+ mile round trip, and the lack of sleep before work on Tuesday. Jonas has looked such a massive player for us in each of the small number of games he has played for us. I thought he was top class again on Monday. Its so good to see a Newcastle player always willing to take the ball, and have the ability to keep possesion of it when required. If we keep him fit there is no doubt for me that we'll be fine.

I thought Joey Barton had another good game. He is certainly looking far more of a player than he has at any other time in black and white stripes. Good news.

Summary Ratings

This game's satisfaction    9 (considering the situation pre match)
Outlook Optimisim rating   7
Overall Happiness             7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: