blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:16:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345474 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:26:09 AM »

Entry 1:

Rob Styles. Great referee, a solid reputation built on getting key decision right - NOT. How many bad penatly decision can this bloke make and keep his job? Gerrard, Malouda and now Robinho (I'm sure there are more) must have this bloke well up on their Christmas card list. He had exactly the same line of sight as me, only about 100 yards closer and he still managed to get it wrong tonight. Its absolutely inexcusable - I could see the ball's direction deviate enough to not be able to give a penalty. I think its worse when they come out and say they were 100% sure at the time, that just means you make bad decisions. I have heard that Poll was a pundit tonight, watched a replay and backed the decision. That is just crazy. Thank god he has gone.

In a very strange way he may have done us a massive favour. We're slowly but surely turning performances round and there was a cracking atmosphere tonight. I'm only hoping that JFKs 2 points from 6, that so very easily could have been 6 from 6, doesn't cost us too much further down the line. Our team must have covered some km's each to live with 11 reasonably comfortably for 78 minutes.

I think its also worth highlighting that I dont think Mark Hughes will be, or deserves to be on tonights decisions, at Man City next year. How the hell did it take him until the 65th minute to take one of his two defensive midfielders off?! Absolute school boy mistake. With our defence they could have been out of sight by half time.

Also worth a mention is Shay Given. Absolute legend and a proper footballer that has unquestionable loyalty and honour. He can quite easily for me have a claim as the best keeper in the league. He certainly wouldnt weaken any team in the PL including Chelsea, and he definatly strengthen every other one. If he had wanted to go I think he would have been at Arsenal this season.

Summary Ratings

This game's satisfaction    7.5
Outlook Optimisim rating   7
Overall Happiness             5

amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »

Entry 1:

Rob Styles. Great referee, a solid reputation built on getting key decision right - NOT. How many bad penatly decision can this bloke make and keep his job? Gerrard, Malouda and now Robinho (I'm sure there are more) must have this bloke well up on their Christmas card list. He had exactly the same line of sight as me, only about 100 yards closer and he still managed to get it wrong tonight. Its absolutely inexcusable - I could see the ball's direction deviate enough to not be able to give a penalty. I think its worse when they come out and say they were 100% sure at the time, that just means you make bad decisions. I have heard that Poll was a pundit tonight, watched a replay and backed the decision. That is just crazy. Thank god he has gone.

In a very strange way he may have done us a massive favour. We're slowly but surely turning performances round and there was a cracking atmosphere tonight. I'm only hoping that JFKs 2 points from 6, that so very easily could have been 6 from 6, doesn't cost us too much further down the line. Our team must have covered some km's each to live with 11 reasonably comfortably for 78 minutes.

I think its also worth highlighting that I dont think Mark Hughes will be, or deserves to be on tonights decisions, at Man City next year. How the hell did it take him until the 65th minute to take one of his two defensive midfielders off?! Absolute school boy mistake. With our defence they could have been out of sight by half time.

Also worth a mention is Shay Given. Absolute legend and a proper footballer that has unquestionable loyalty and honour. He can quite easily for me have a claim as the best keeper in the league. He certainly wouldnt weaken any team in the PL including Chelsea, and he definatly strengthen every other one. If he had wanted to go I think he would have been at Arsenal this season.

Summary Ratings

This game's satisfaction    7.5
Outlook Optimisim rating   7
Overall Happiness             5

lol

city fan here Wink

Gotta say that I shouted penalty and sending off straight away. If I was the ref, in the position he was in, I couldn't see any other decision he could give. But no matter. City were chuffing awful tonight, and Newcastle played pretty damn well. TBH thought you had the 3 points wrapped up.

That save from Given from Ireland was abs top drawer.

Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:00:39 AM »

Surprise surprise That TIT graeme poll agreed that it should have been a penalty having seen the replays!!! no chance- the ball clearly moves away and although the newcastle defenders leg does touch robinho it doesnt exactly go through his leg to get the ball-it brushes against it

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:04:58 AM »

Craig Burley's response to poll made the night for me. City looked very average.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:41:35 AM »

Craig Burley's response to poll made the night for me. City looked very average.

Yes as he rightly said he's been paid for his opinions and he gave it alright , i like him as a comm i must admit
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 01:55:35 AM »

Lol Rooky fair play to you for starting a diary about Newcastle, as i expect you (and mondatoo) are going to take a bit of stick in this thread.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »

Kev surely has to do a Spurs diary?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »

No blame at all towards the ref from me, from his view its a pen and a red card all day long, Kinnear even said so...  The fact that he's offered to review his decision is good reffing on the whole imo

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »

No blame at all towards the ref from me, from his view its a pen and a red card all day long, Kinnear even said so...  The fact that he's offered to review his decision is good reffing on the whole imo

This.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »

moan, moan, hard done by, massive club, bigger than spurs

[/thread]

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »

On a final note on penalties... Its not good enough for a ref to give a decision based on what they can see. They have to be aware of and consider what they can't see - and if they can't see enough to be certain they can't give it. Simple as. This particular ref has made so many errors, some more simple than others, that he has shown he is not good enough. I see he has been dropped to a 4th official role at the weekend, and it'll be interesting if the decision is overturned/rescinded.

Gatso, I have no intention of moaning - but to be honest I can see a decent amount of negativity on the football front for a while yet! That should entertain a little though. Newcastle are the biggest club in Newcastle supporters lives, that much is true. But Newcastle United fans also know exactly where there club is in relation to others (if its at all relevant). You just dont get the vast majority of Newcastle fans starting such debates, but obviously they will defend!

In other news... I have 5 weeks until my final accountancy exams. I have lost all motivation and am struggling to put any work in at all, which isnt good. I have also received two rejections from the half dozen or so applications I made to get a London marathon charity spot. I'm not holding a massive amount of hope for any other the others to come good judging by the application to success ratio I have been told about so far!! Gutted really because this would have been a great thing to aim for over the next 6 months. (and tick another thing off my list of things to do before I'm 30 list) I have a pretty serious training challenge lined up which I think I'll go ahead with even if  dont get a place. Perhaps it may work out well not having the restrictions of a charity.... more to follow on that.

Prediction:

Sunderland 1  Newcastle 2
(I'd take another point if offered now tbh)

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »

I know its a sporting diary but what accountancy exams are you doing?
I started it at uni but dropped out to work while studying so doing my aat and then planning to do CIMA.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »

Blatant penalty and sending off. Had to laugh at the pundits that pointed out that he touched the ball first, which rule do they think they are referring to, the ball touching rule?  Cheesy
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »

I know its a sporting diary but what accountancy exams are you doing?
I started it at uni but dropped out to work while studying so doing my aat and then planning to do CIMA.

It can be all things so no worries.

I'm doing ACCA. 12 down, 2 to go. Studying for them on what my boss finds amusing to call 'weekend release'. An absolute ball ache, but I am hoping in the long run it will pay off - as long as I avoid ever being in a role classed as being an accountant I'll be happy ish. Sadly pretty much all my mates are either 'accountants' or teachers. There are a few doing CIMA and a few ACCA. I think there is a pretty clear split as to which one to do depending on what area you want to go into.  Good luck.

I did economics at uni, failed to become an airline pilot (though if anyone has 70k up for an interest free loan, or I win the lottery (yes), I'd go back to that like a shot!), then fell into auditing. Hasn't worked out too badly.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »

Blatant penalty and sending off. Had to laugh at the pundits that pointed out that he touched the ball first, which rule do they think they are referring to, the ball touching rule?  Cheesy

The same rule as the one that makes football non contact?! He wins the ball before sending him tumbling. The fact that two days later people from all experiences of football can't agree  makes it clear for me that it should not have been given.  Luckily for us Ameobi actually played so we got to play with 10, as we usually do when he plays!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: