blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345104 times)
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2550 on: September 03, 2016, 11:08:30 AM »

Yea Townsend the hard one to take but we've bought extremely well and made a profit... So much for trying to buy the league..

It's so refreshing to know we've got multiple cover for literally every position and Anita isn't gonna have to fill in at any position at any given time. We've had 2/3 max centre backs for past 5 seasons or so, now we have 4/5 ppl that can play there
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: September 03, 2016, 03:51:03 PM »

Yea Townsend the hard one to take but we've bought extremely well and made a profit... So much for trying to buy the league.

The fact you made a profit is just indicative for the fact you ballsed up last year. As a result you were forced to sell unhappy players and were able to do so at  inflated prices due to the TV money on offer. In real terms you'll have been poorer off than if you'd have stayed in the prem and kept hold of the players.

In terms of transfer fees, you account for 25% of the money spent in the transfer fees spent in the Championship this summer. You spent 7x the average Championship club did and paid an average of 9x the championship average for each player you bought. Maybe you aren't trying to buy the league but you're certainly flexing your muscle and there are plenty of teams who won't be able to compete financially. The likelyhood is that you are overpaying for a lot of these players because of who you are and clubs and agents know this. You probably will get promoted but then you'll end up with a bunch of players who aren't good enough for the prem and who you end up offloading for less than you paid. Doesn't seem like great business to me.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: September 03, 2016, 05:36:31 PM »

Yea Townsend the hard one to take but we've bought extremely well and made a profit... So much for trying to buy the league.

The fact you made a profit is just indicative for the fact you ballsed up last year. As a result you were forced to sell unhappy players and were able to do so at  inflated prices due to the TV money on offer. In real terms you'll have been poorer off than if you'd have stayed in the prem and kept hold of the players.

In terms of transfer fees, you account for 25% of the money spent in the transfer fees spent in the Championship this summer. You spent 7x the average Championship club did and paid an average of 9x the championship average for each player you bought. Maybe you aren't trying to buy the league but you're certainly flexing your muscle and there are plenty of teams who won't be able to compete financially. The likelyhood is that you are overpaying for a lot of these players because of who you are and clubs and agents know this. You probably will get promoted but then you'll end up with a bunch of players who aren't good enough for the prem and who you end up offloading for less than you paid. Doesn't seem like great business to me.

Wijnaldum and Sissoko which make up a big chunk of it would've 95+% certiainly left even if we'd stayed up.

Clearly we have more financial power than the rest of the teams in the League, what would you suggest would've been the best strategy regards us "overpaying for a lot of these players because of who you are and clubs and agents know this" ? Do you think it's bad business if we pay 5m for someone, they get us promoted and we sell him in a years time making a loss of £1-2m on them and receiving 80+ million from tv revenue the following season ?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: September 14, 2016, 09:10:09 AM »

Should have gone for Pearson

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: September 29, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2555 on: October 03, 2016, 10:58:05 PM »

First time I've ever had chance to get away tickets... So here I come Barnsley 😂, Tuesday night game
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: October 19, 2016, 09:03:14 AM »

Top of the league. Hopefully we stay there for the rest of the season Smiley

Blue text
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: October 19, 2016, 06:33:17 PM »

Have fun Todd ?

One thing I miss is the away games, will try for a ticket to the next one that goes on public sale.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2558 on: October 19, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »

Have fun Todd ?

One thing I miss is the away games, will try for a ticket to the next one that goes on public sale.

You couldn't make it Up, first chance I've ever had to get tickets in away end, nevermind first chance I've had to get two tickets together in the away end... early finish planned from work etc, got sent to an emergency job and didn't leave Blackpool till 7pm... missed it. Beyond gutting
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: October 21, 2016, 03:42:08 AM »

Have fun Todd ?

You couldn't make it Up, first chance I've ever had to get tickets in away end, nevermind first chance I've had to get two tickets together in the away end... early finish planned from work etc, got sent to an emergency job and didn't leave Blackpool till 7pm... missed it. Beyond gutting

Sad

Lmk if you going to the next one and can sort summit out.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2560 on: October 24, 2016, 04:56:49 PM »

Have fun Todd ?

Sad

Gonna try go to atleast one of Blackburn, Leeds, Sheffield wed, Wigan... although Obv depends on allocations. I'll keep eyes peeled and let u know
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: October 24, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »

Have fun Todd ?

Sad

Gonna try go to atleast one of Blackburn, Leeds, Sheffield wed, Wigan... although Obv depends on allocations. I'll keep eyes peeled and let u know

They've already announced the games they're doing it for ? I've been to Blackburn and Wigan, sighs that Leeds is on a Sunday, would be in for Sheff Wed assuming it's not moved to Sunday.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2562 on: October 24, 2016, 07:15:00 PM »

Didn't realised they had announced the games, just seen they're doing Wigan in December, it's only 20-30 min from me so hopefully defo do that
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2563 on: November 21, 2016, 05:27:40 PM »

Ray, tough ask i know,  you know any season ticket holders that could get two Wigan tickets, will pay over face value ofc
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 22, 2016, 03:37:21 AM »

Ray, tough ask i know,  you know any season ticket holders that could get two Wigan tickets, will pay over face value ofc

PMd
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: