blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:13:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  What happened to the Brian Wilson thread?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to the Brian Wilson thread?  (Read 2866 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2008, 04:19:07 AM »

Just wanted to check something out and KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH! I can't find it.

Has it been "put to out to grass"?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:31:30 AM »

Seeing as Brian's last post is now March, looks like it's been taken out into the yard and shot.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »

Hi Keith,

Well, I am a bit surprised about this, it was news to me (personally), & so I went looking for it.

Eventually, I found it in the "Deleted Posts" section, which is not viewable except by Moderators & the like.

I was not aware of any discussion on the Mods Board as to removing/deleting the Thread.

So I have rung around, made a few enquiries, & it transpires that the Original Poster - Brian Wilson - asked, via a Moderator, that the Thread be removed. His reasons are not hard to fathom - it had become, not surprisingly, a bit vitriolic.

It is the right of any Poster to remove Posts they have made. But in this case, that would leave a thread with replies & comments, but no OP, & no comments by Brian. And so, would make no cohesive sense at all.

The thread was therefore removed in it's entirety, it would seem.

This is a all a bit awkward, but the way I see it, the thread has been removed because Brian asked for it to be. He has the right to delete/remove his Posts, but not a Thread. But one without the other makes no sense.

It was Brian's decision, not the Moderators decision. About which, I fancy we will be facing a few questions......but I'd say the whole thread removal thing was done with good intent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:00:02 PM »

Hi Keith,

Well, I am a bit surprised about this, it was news to me (personally), & so I went looking for it.

Eventually, I found it in the "Deleted Posts" section, which is not viewable except by Moderators & the like.

I was not aware of any discussion on the Mods Board as to removing/deleting the Thread.

So I have rung around, made a few enquiries, & it transpires that the Original Poster - Brian Wilson - asked, via a Moderator, that the Thread be removed. His reasons are not hard to fathom - it had become, not surprisingly, a bit vitriolic.

It is the right of any Poster to remove Posts they have made. But in this case, that would leave a thread with replies & comments, but no OP, & no comments by Brian. And so, would make no cohesive sense at all.

The thread was therefore removed in it's entirety, it would seem.

This is a all a bit awkward, but the way I see it, the thread has been removed because Brian asked for it to be. He has the right to delete/remove his Posts, but not a Thread. But one without the other makes no sense.

It was Brian's decision, not the Moderators decision. About which, I fancy we will be facing a few questions......but I'd say the whole thread removal thing was done with good intent.

Thanks for that tikay.

While I might be justifiably accused of making some sarcastic posts about various subjects in the past, I do think some of the posts in the Wilson thread did smack of kicking a man when he down.

He admitted that he cocked up in the past and is trying to make amends.

He should be encouraged and supported not jeered at and abused at this time imo.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:16:15 PM »

the people abusing have nothing to do with whats gone on and most of them wouldn't know brian if he sat next to them in a pub.

Its between the wronged parties and Brian as far as I am concerned. We all know plenty ex players (or even some current players) who have had problems and screwed over their mates. How many of them try and put things right?

I wish Brian all the best and hope he manages to get his life back together and make ammends with all the parties he wronged.

ariston

better lucky than good
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »

Its between the wronged parties and Brian as far as I am concerned.

not as far as brian's concerned posting it on a public forum, there wasnt even any real stick on the thread, i was surprised by the lack of it, dont know why he had it removed, though its beyond me why you would do something like that publicly anyway.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »

the people abusing have nothing to do with whats gone on and most of them wouldn't know brian if he sat next to them in a pub.

Its between the wronged parties and Brian as far as I am concerned. We all know plenty ex players (or even some current players) who have had problems and screwed over their mates. How many of them try and put things right?

I wish Brian all the best and hope he manages to get his life back together and make ammends with all the parties he wronged.

I feel the same way towards Fergus.

HI HELEN!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 04:59:43 PM »

there wasnt even any real stick on the thread, i was surprised by the lack of it, dont know why he had it removed,
You obviously missed the last night of the thread.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 05:02:43 PM »

Its between the wronged parties and Brian as far as I am concerned.

not as far as brian's concerned posting it on a public forum, there wasnt even any real stick on the thread, i was surprised by the lack of it, dont know why he had it removed, though its beyond me why you would do something like that publicly anyway.

a lot of people who aren't aware fully of what went on flamed and abused brian and generally acted against the ethos of blonde. A lot of posts were deleted and the thread was getting very heated. What seemed a genuine apology for his conduct and an offer of an olive brach span round with people unconnected trying to ram the olive branch up his arse then kick him while he was down.

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 05:12:57 PM »

Thanks Keith.

Personally, I'd rather he had left it up.

Sure, he done wrong - hands up those of us who have not strayed from the straight & narrow, at some time? - but I always think "it's good to talk", & I think fessing up was a good a place as any to start, as Jen Mason put it.

But it got a wee bit personal, & Brian clearly lost his nerve, & "pulled it".

I must declare an interest in both camps here - I came to regard Brian as a good pal, (there is a difference between a "pal" & a "friend"), & always tremendous fun, & he's tried to help blonde & myself in several ways. I also have "an interest" as someone who is owed a good few bob by him. (Which, by the way, I have "written off", & put down to experience).

So I comment from both sides of the fence.

One thing is sure - beating him with a stick won't solve much. I can & do empathise with those who got stuck into him, but he's just a guy to whom the euphoria & adrenelin of an unexpected WSOP bracelet kinda swept him off his feet. I don't think there is bad in him, to be honest, and for sure, his antics are far less deplorable than those who set out deliberately to scam others - & I can think of plenty of those, some of whom continue to trade to this day.

An awkward one, for sure!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 10:02:55 PM »

Does he owe you?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 01:50:43 AM »

ill be honest and say i was one who was giving him stick having not even met him. In the last few weeks there have been a number of people who have stolen/grimmed/scammed money out of blondes/mates of mine and i jus havent got time for anyone who tries to "pull a fast one"/ "doesnt payback debts"
i think the world would be a better place without them to be perfectly honest.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 01:52:40 AM by action man » Logged
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 02:34:20 AM »

ill be honest and say i was one who was giving him stick having not even met him. In the last few weeks there have been a number of people who have stolen/grimmed/scammed money out of blondes/mates of mine and i jus havent got time for anyone who tries to "pull a fast one"/ "doesnt payback debts"

the last sentence is a little harsh imo!

maybe the timing of his thread wasn't the best with the recent grimming that has happened on here.

good luck brian hope you get sorted

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 05:07:27 AM »

And you were perfectly entitled to air your view Rick.

I don't really have anything to add to my previous Post, and I'm as anti-scammer as you are. I just think - on the basis of what I know, which may not be the whole story, that Brian got a bit carried away, & it got out of control, rather than deliberately setting out to "do" anyone.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »

Does he owe you?

dont be stupid- nobody owes me anything as I never have anything to give to anyone. I wasnt doing the attacking of him though.

I do know of several other blonde members though who are still welcomed with open arms and never a bad word is said about them even though they have done exactly the same as brian. One who seems to be getting plaudits lately had a lot of people over when he went skint and disappeared off the scene- now he's back (as if nothing had ever happened) he hasn't even bothered contacting the people he owes to say "sorry mate will sort you when I get a touch" or whatever. This person was housed, fed and loaned money on the strength it was sat there in an account- him being a good friend and well respected player with no history of turning people over it wasnt a problem. A week later boom hes gone and not been heard from in a couple of years. Now he is back playing and winning comps in another part of the country and hasnt even bothered to phone/email message or anything- thats the sort of person I would gladly have a pop at and look forward to sharing a table with (hopefully he will show his face in blackpool next month).

At least brian is trying to sort things out and not just forgetting the past (and expecting everyone else to do the same)- he knows he fcked his mates and would like to put things right.

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: