blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:31:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Arbitration required regarding staking
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arbitration required regarding staking  (Read 4382 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 11:14:23 AM »

he gets 25% of the skills in comp 2 cos thats what he paid for at the start in comp 1.

No he didn't otherwise there wouldn't be any argument. At the start of comp 1 he paid for comp 1 and there was no discussion of comp 2

if he has a problem with giving away free labour in comp 2 then i suggest he doesnt offer 25% of any comp that gives away free seats. i wouldnt judge comp 1 and 2 exclusively.

This is circular logic and makes no sense whatsoever, carries zero persuasive weight.

if the only way a player could get into comp1 was thru backing then why should he take more of the prizepool by isolating the backer out of the value of the seat. 25% carries fwd

Now you've just lost me completely.

To clarify my position, the backer still gets 25% of the cash value of the seat. Just as if a car was won as part of the prize the backer would get 25% of the value of that.

It would be impractical to suggest that the 25% share in the car carries forward though. wtf, is he going to use it on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »

If I agree to get 25% of what you win and you go on to win £1000 in cash plus a seat into a £1000 comp, then I'd be expecting to get £250 cash and 25% of whatever happens in the £1000 comp.

You can only expect to get what you actually agree upon in advance.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:44:53 PM by Swordpoker » Logged

ScottMGee

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »

To add my 2p's worth, the backer should get 25% of comp 1 and 25% of comp 2.

Reasons
1) the prize includes entrance into comp 2 (not a £550 cash alternative)
2) the player would not have won the seat without the backer's backing
3) you are supposed to be friends and this is the only fair result.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 07:44:47 PM »

Man how is this difficult.
You bought 25% which means you get 25% of the seat won. Why do people move the goal posts after they win summut. Forget trying to sell back the share just have 25% of the next event, you both must have known this seat was added before the event began and if not who cares.

^^what he said.

Why would anyone want to fall out with someone who has been good enough to back em over a few quid?

ariston

better lucky than good
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 07:47:31 PM »

To clarify my position, the backer still gets 25% of the cash value of the seat. Just as if a car was won as part of the prize the backer would get 25% of the value of that.

If you won a car would you expect to pay 25% of the RRP or 25% of the market value?

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »

Lets say market value.

Now how about if I won a car that was in need of some work done to repair its engine.

The market value will be worth more after the repair?
What if I do this myself and it takes about 30 hours?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »

Your mate had 25% of you in that tournament so even if you won your wife in it he should be allowed to have her for 3 months of the year.

Seriously though, to me this is simple. He had 25% of what you won in that tournament so he should have 25% of your action in the next tourney.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
geeforce1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 06:14:56 AM »

Lets say market value.

Now how about if I won a car that was in need of some work done to repair its engine.

The market value will be worth more after the repair?
What if I do this myself and it takes about 30 hours?

where u winning this car? distraction?

part of the prize is the next comp, so 'labour' carries on. if the added seat was a suprise bonus then your arguement holds, but if both parties are aware of the full prize and nothing is said before comp 1 then the two competitions can be seen as 1 in terms of work.

but w/e it should never come to this
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 06:37:29 AM »

Your mate had 25% of you in that tournament so even if you won your wife in it he should be allowed to have her for 3 months of the year.

Seriously though, to me this is simple. He had 25% of what you won in that tournament so he should have 25% of your action in the next tourney.

What if the wife isn't his type?

And why three months? Why not just every fourth day - he may not have enough crockery and clothes to get him through the 9 month wait....

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 09:48:03 AM »

What if the wife isn't his type?

And why three months? Why not just every fourth day - he may not have enough crockery and clothes to get him through the 9 month wait....

Ahhh, right.

In the instance of enough crockery every fourth day is acceptable.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 12:39:33 PM »

but w/e it should never come to this

We agree on this at least.

if the added seat was a suprise bonus then your arguement holds

They forgot to discuss it beforehand, so for all intents and purposes, that's pretty much the same thing isn't it?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »

we seem to have completely overlooked what was written in the op. original share was bought at 1.2 so why should the guy have to buy back his action at 1.4?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: