blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1A
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1A  (Read 45828 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »

First of all there's always time for a quick third raise pre...if you're Thomas Middleton...  The cutoff makes it 900, the button reraises to 3,900, and Middleton calmly puts in enough chips to commit either of his potential opponents from the small blind (10,150).  The original raiser passes quickly, but the button takes quite a while and a couple of head shakes to pass his face up...

Why do people do this, it tilts the hell out of me and isn't very smart. What do they want a sodding round of applause.

End rant.

they do it mainly to let the aggresive players on the table thay they have very small testicles and they can be pushed around. I am sure the other players wont be reraising him much later on Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »

This Game is Rigged...

Paul Rigg just doubled up DC, after Colclough had bet 3,000 on the turn with the board standing .  He'd moved all in, and with not a lot behind, Colclough called as he looked like he was always going to should this situation arise.

DC: for the straight
Rigg: for a pair and the same unlikely straight draw...

River: completing the flush for El Blondie and giving him a stack to play with, finally.

Rigg survived one supershort autoallin with A-T vs. Q-6 and then hovered around until this hand:

Threeway to the flop of three clubs three diamonds , Rigg bet out 600, called by Mohammed Shoahebe, raised to 2,600 by John Kay.  Rigg moved in, so did Shoahebe (9,050), which gave Kay pause, but in the end not enough anxiety to justify in his mind the fold of his .  Rigg showed , but Shoahebe had it: .  Nice double-through plus some for the 3-4 sooted and Rigg is OUT, Kay nearly so.

Pictured: black hatted Shoahebe, nothing-to-do-with-this-story Gwibbo, John Kay in stripes.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2008, 09:29:15 PM »

Scandie meets the Scousers in poker's version of Jan Molby going to Liverpool.

Oysten Lund

David Caruso. (Dave Colclough clearly realises also)

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2008, 09:33:02 PM »

Scott Chaudhry doubles through Zachary Ford, after raising him by 3k on a board, leaving less than half of that behind.  That's an "I'm not folding" bet - but it was less than 5.5k overall to make the all-in suggestion with a stack move forward - it was accepted.  Chaudhry had flopped two pair with and dodged Ford's straight draw to double up.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »

Oysten 'David Caruso' Lund has picked up chips in a bizarrely contested hand.

James Ramsay check/raises Lund's 2k bet to 5k on a . Call.

(Pause) Check....check

Now Ramsay bets 5k again and Lund grimaces before calling, and flipping . Ramsay mucks.

Sometimes, the whole world's your Oysten.

(Sorry)*

*Not really.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »

First of all there's always time for a quick third raise pre...if you're Thomas Middleton...  The cutoff makes it 900, the button reraises to 3,900, and Middleton calmly puts in enough chips to commit either of his potential opponents from the small blind (10,150).  The original raiser passes quickly, but the button takes quite a while and a couple of head shakes to pass his face up...

Why do people do this, it tilts the hell out of me and isn't very smart. What do they want a sodding round of applause.

End rant.

they do it mainly to let the aggresive players on the table thay they have very small testicles and they can be pushed around. I am sure the other players wont be reraising him much later on Wink

True. Mainly because he'll probably be out.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2008, 09:53:46 PM »

More Chip Counts:

Martyn Cavanagh - 28,000
Ian Woodley - 30,000 (just moved table; when I remarked how a pocket of noise follows him around he replied, "Well, I gotta let 'em have it, 'aven't I?"  Who could argue.
Dave Colclough - 23,000
Nick Gibson - 32,000
Marc Goodwin - 35,000
Oysten Lund - 42,000
Thomas Middleton - 42,000
Darren Grosvenor - 19,000
Chuck Sellers - 15,300
Lane Newport - 60,000 (probable leader)
Philip Gruissem - 20,500
John Eames - 13,875
Red-Dog - 14,800
Ken Wong - 31,400
Simon Zach - OUT
Malcolm Rutter - OUT

deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2008, 10:11:23 PM »

Oysten Lund

In the top photo, does anyone know the name of the one on the left (I know he's a scouser)?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2008, 10:13:34 PM »

Oysten Lund

In the top photo, does anyone know the name of the one on the left (I know he's a scouser)?

Paul McIntyre - Finalled Thanet last month.

deputydawg

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »

Oysten Lund

Paul McIntyre - Finalled Thanet last month.

thanks
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »

can we get a message to redfox and tell him just raise with Ne2 utg and dont let them steal his UTG

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2008, 10:34:16 PM »

Raise from the hijack and Ian Woodley reraises from the cutoff. Tom Middleton moves all-in from the blinds and the original raiser folds. Woodley instantly calls for his 20k or so.

Woodley:
Middleton

Middleton, "Sorry I thought you we're restealing."

Woodley walks away muttering, "Facking 'ell, it's a facking joke!"

Afterward Woodley has left Middleton says, "Tens are always good on the internet!"

One suspects that young Master Middleton has just used up all his flip tokens for the night.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2008, 10:36:54 PM »

Gwibbo Makes Bid For Comeback of the Day...

Never exactly rolling in chips, the beginning of level Seven saw him with just a couple of thousand left which found their own way into the middle after it folded to him on the button.  The big blind was none other than chip leader Lane Newport (pictured below) who made the call with a spare chip or two with two hearts .  Gibson flipped .

The flop: two spades   And the last of Gibson's chips looked about to be absorbed into the giant stack of his opponent...
Turn:
River:   And that counterfeiting second pair made Gibson's Jack play and kept him in the tournament.

Barely five minutes later, and Gibson was aip once more, this time armed with a whole 8,500, enough to get rid of an original raiser!  "That's a good comeback," remarked his neighbour.  Still two and a half levels left to get through, though...

PeteL

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »

Raise from the hijack and Ian Woodley reraises from the cutoff. Tom Middleton moves all-in from the blinds and the original raiser folds. Woodley instantly calls for his 20k or so.

Woodley:
Middleton

Middleton, "Sorry I thought you we're restealing."

Woodley walks away muttering, "Facking 'ell, it's a facking joke!"

Afterward Woodley has left Middleton says, "Tens are always good on the internet!"

One suspects that young Master Middleton has just used up all his flip tokens for the night.

Boom with essence of bink
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »

Darren Grosvenor (on the left of this picture next to Red-Dog) just won quite a few chips with the check-call method thusly:  Calling a preflop utg raise to 2k in the big blind, he checked the flop, and the raiser checked behind.  The turn brought the , check once more.  UTG bet 2,200.  A slow call.  The river came , check a third time.  The aggressor bet 3,500, a good chunk of his remaining chips, but when Grosvenor eventually made the call, turning , he was rewarded with a table-tap and "Nice call," and a muck. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: