blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Monte Carlo Millions Day Three - LIVE UPDATE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monte Carlo Millions Day Three - LIVE UPDATE  (Read 32683 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2005, 12:47:16 PM »

Kenna James, the Cowboy Hat man, gives the players tips, advice & gentle rubdowns during & after EVERY hand, even those he is not involved in, he's some character, & he's seriously loud. But I chatted with him during the break, & he's a big softy-wofty. "How's it going tikay, they looking after you OK, you see ActionJack make that play with 9-7, you want anything?". He really is very nice off the table, maybe his on-table antics are just intended to induce tilt. But ActionJack & Marc Goodwin are not biting, they are both cool. ActionJack was down to the felt with 15 players left, but he's right back in it now. He COULD win it, believe me. But presumably, he has to pay a hefty % of his winnings to Bad Beat.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2005, 12:54:59 PM »

Jean Jacques is in trouble now - he has around 100k. Marc Goodwin seems to be hovering around 800k.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2005, 01:00:45 PM »

Here's a high-class Railbird, WPT winner Martin De Knijfe. Martin owns a lovely Poker Club in Stockholm, as well as having a major interest in "Martin's Room", an internet cardroom.

When I went to Stockholm last year, he met me at the club, took me to dinner, booked my hotel room, & generally looked after me big time. Then he invited me to his cash-game........

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 03:05:38 PM by Ironside » Logged

meds

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2005, 01:00:59 PM »

Hi Ruru, look after Ariston in Aussie, just find a better go-kart track!

May The Flop Be With You
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2005, 01:04:19 PM »

Just to put Jean-Jacques low stack into perspective, blinds at 6k - 12k, & a running ante of 2k are bad enough, but his table is FIVE handed, so his stack is burning away fast. He has 70k now.

The other table, the TV jobbie, is FOUR handed! As they began at 8 & 9 handed on Sunday, & reduced to 6 handed after Day oOne, they cant all go on one table now. Tough game sometimes.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2005, 01:10:05 PM »

Prynhawn Da i bawb (good afters everyone), must agree Tikay and Jen  - best yet, thank you   goldstar goldstar goldstar goldstar goldstar

And snoppy,go and do some work your a proffesional now  thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2005, 01:10:22 PM »

Fascinating hand news now - wherein Paul 'ActionJack' Jackson takes a huge part of Kenna James' stack.  In the blinds, they both saw the    flop, and the  turn.  There was already a pile of red chips in the middle, then Kenna moved 150k in on the turn, which, after a while, Paul flat called. 
The river:  .  Now Kenna James checks, and Paul bets just 40k.  There's another lengthy think, as he talks himself (eventually) out of calling: "You have a full house?" "Value bet," Paul says, nodding.  "I had K 10...."

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 01:31:31 PM by Djinn » Logged

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2005, 01:11:15 PM »

OMG the go karts meds.... track was fine its just they brought out the slow cars for us and wouldnt let us near the real beasts- if you add the fact that is was about a million degrees in the middle of a desert and I hadn't eaten or slept for over 24 hours I was not a happy bunny. Taxi back to the bellagio and a nice meal later I nearly came back out lol.

ariston

better lucky than good
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2005, 01:14:55 PM »

So, when it gets down to seven left, they can't go on one table, so there'll be one table with 4 players, and another with 3, putting the shortstack on the 3 handed table at a disadvantage.

Then, when the final comes, it'll be one seven-handed table!

You'd have thought they'd have considered this beforehand and set it so that 7 players went through, with Charlie Bucket joining them to make a final table of 8.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2005, 01:17:18 PM »

Super short stack Jean-Jacques gets a much needed double up with pocket nines against Bengt Sonnert's  , and then Erik Sagstrom did the same against Tony G with  against  Two Diamonds (for Tony).  But somehow Erik had dwindled to about 100k and is only on about the same chips now as Ghebali.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

Good point Andrew.

The players are gathering now for the Consolation Tourney, due to begin in 45 minutes. I may be wrong here, but i don't THINK they can start it until the Main Event is down to 6. The Big Noises are starting to fret, in case we don't lose the necessary 3 players in 45 minutes.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2005, 01:23:10 PM »

they must have to wait for the other bustee

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2005, 01:24:09 PM »

I just spoke to Matt Savage - The Consolation Tourney starts ON TIME in 40 minutes, whether or not we are down to 6 by then. So those that are still in the biggie, but then bust out & take their seat in the Consol Jobbie, will be blinded away. Serves 'em right for doing so well.....

hartwith

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2005, 01:26:19 PM »

Fascinating hand news now - wherein Paul 'ActionJack' Jackson takes a huge part of Kenna James' stack.  In the blinds, they both saw the  flop, and the  turn.  There was already a pile of red chips in the middle, then Kenna moved 150k in on the turn, which, after a while, Paul flat called. 
The river:  .  Now Kenna James checks, and Paul bets just 40k.  There's another lengthy think, as he talks himself (eventually) out of calling: "You have a full house?" "Value bet," Paul says, nodding.  "I had K 10...."

how could he have a full boat on that flop? not understanding that one...Huh?

I went to school with snoop. He was a good egg.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2005, 01:27:14 PM »

I totally agree Andrew - all tournaments should have an odd-numbered final (not counting any Golden Ticketees) for exactly that reason, keeping the playing field level... but in any case there is no sign of anyone about to disappear, as all the short-stacked all-ins seem to get their double throughs.

Counts from the visitable table:

Kenna James    430,000
ActionJack       620,000
Bengt Sonnert  340,000
Jean-Jacques Ghebali  170,000
Marc Goodwin    715,000

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: