blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  poker and the law
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: poker and the law  (Read 1543 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2005, 07:29:47 PM »

I'm trying to set up an invitation only multi table tourney for the various home games I'm involved in and want to hire a function room to do it in. I've emailed the gaming board for guidance but while Im waiting for a reply can anybody tell me what to expect the answer to be? I want to hire a hotels function room but we won't be having a bar, just some tea and coffee. would it make a differance if instead of cash prizes there were trophies (ahem)?
any thoughts / knowledge?
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 02:28:51 AM »

Hmmmm tricky area thsi is.

If you are not taking a rake then really there shouldnt be an issue. Some hotels may be a little reluctant to step into this area though too. Buta s long as all money is returned to players then you may get away with it as a competition not as a cash game .

Best bet would be to get in touch with your locval cardroom and ask if you can use their facilities for an evening and have your game there, thatw ay you have access to chips cards proper tables and possibvly dealers. Its something w ehave done up here in blackpool before.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 10:02:48 AM »

We have plaenty of chips, KEMs and tables. Our nearest card room is Nottingham but only about 5 out of the 32 of us are members. I know we could sign the non members in but can you imagine the logistics of getting 27 non member through the door? any wouldn't they be looking to charge a fair bit?

We migt end up in a village hall but we'd have to provide our own refreshments there.
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 07:41:09 PM »

If you choose a night when they dont hold poker i cant see them charging you at all. Trya  friendly word with the GM or cardroom supervisor. As for the non members problem it doesnt take much effort to join up and getting 30 pewople through the door is no hardship for any reception team

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 08:05:28 PM »

thanks for the suggestion but we're looking at starting at 1pm and playing through til 10pm ish on a sunday.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: