blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Jeff "Jaffa Cake" Kimber: in the well
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jeff "Jaffa Cake" Kimber: in the well  (Read 70371 times)
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »

if gay was cool who would be the coolest on the uk circuit?
dno, if you're interested probs best u work that out on ya own
your the worst comedy partner ever

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »

jeff, what are your top 5 tournament tips that you think seperate you from the also-rans so often. give us the secrets.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2008, 04:57:14 AM »

As it happens i have tried at least 3 or 4 bluffs in the 3 years since that event and none of them have worked either. I hope to get one right in 2009.

It's important to have dreams and aspirations Paul.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »

well closes today, tyvm to Jeff for answering the questions

Watch out for another one soon!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »

if gay was cool who would be the coolest on the uk circuit?
dno, if you're interested probs best u work that out on ya own
your the worst comedy partner ever
sometimes you're only as good at the material you're given to work with...
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

jeff, what are your top 5 tournament tips that you think seperate you from the also-rans so often. give us the secrets.

Shocked) you know as well as I do there's no big secret to playin this game mate, just a battle to keep on finding bits of information that lead us to making correct decisions. I play poker the way I used to do well at school - I nck loads of other people's work, take what I think are the better bit and keep it for myself. Combine them all and you get bettr than any of the games you've pillaged!

For example, after a night out with Julian Gardner and  chat about how he seem to get stacks so early, I definitely try and find weak players and play pots with them early in tournaments, something I wasn't bothered about before...basically ignoring the cards.  I think I'd become lazy too, not concentrating on every hand, building profiles of players in my head, recalling how and why they played certain hands....it's easy to do, be more bothered about chattin to the dealer of your mates but really it's not the right thing to do if you want to take the game seriously. Now I hope I can recall almost anything that's happened.

You know what I'm saying tho, there's so many small elements that we can all add with a bit of effort that give us more info to make right decisions, and most of it stems from talking poker, watchin it, readin about it and sharing info to improve your own game....as long as u never think you've made it and u can't get any better, there's always scope to improve....
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2008, 01:30:21 PM »

Shocked) you know as well as I do there's no big secret to playin this game mate, just a battle to keep on finding bits of information that lead us to making correct decisions. I play poker the way I used to do well at school - I nck loads of other people's work, take what I think are the better bit and keep it for myself. Combine them all and you get bettr than any of the games you've pillaged!

For example, after a night out with Julian Gardner and  chat about how he seem to get stacks so early, I definitely try and find weak players and play pots with them early in tournaments, something I wasn't bothered about before...basically ignoring the cards.  I think I'd become lazy too, not concentrating on every hand, building profiles of players in my head, recalling how and why they played certain hands....it's easy to do, be more bothered about chattin to the dealer of your mates but really it's not the right thing to do if you want to take the game seriously. Now I hope I can recall almost anything that's happened.

You know what I'm saying tho, there's so many small elements that we can all add with a bit of effort that give us more info to make right decisions, and most of it stems from talking poker, watchin it, readin about it and sharing info to improve your own game....as long as u never think you've made it and u can't get any better, there's always scope to improve....

good post. can you dish the dirt on any tells you found on mates which you told them about and are now defunct?
Wayneo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2008, 10:16:31 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Great read.

Couple of questions,

1 - Do you use any tools for online poker, i.e Poker Tracker etc..
2 - What's now your bread and butter game?
3 - Do you miss doing as much as journalism as you used to?
4 - Kunku, hartwith and myself, vs You, Colclough and Actionjack  - who wins? lolol :d

Good to hear you're doing well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: