blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:43:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Share Tanks Experience
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share Tanks Experience  (Read 8486 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 03:45:48 PM »

Wp Nak, didnt know you were an adam ... sounds like you boys had a blast ... cant wait for the Colonels trip report Smiley

The Colonel was in no fit state to report anything.

I had a bet with Wick that booder would not Final, £20 @ 7/2, Wick tried to grim me. I seeeeeethed. I collected, too.

Well Done to Laz & Nakor. Laz's exit, in 3rd, was horrible, just horrible.

He & A N Other were well chipped up, one guy was down to the felt, he just had to outlast him to guarantee himself a 4 figure cash. And then it all went horribly wrong.

You will also note that Action Man is lurking on the Forum today. That's guilty conscience. He's dreading every Post for being the one that exposes him. We have dirt on him. Bad dirt.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 10:56:28 PM »

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 11:51:52 PM »

Nice one Laz and Nakor

Good weekend Tank? Certainly hope you enjoyed it.

Spill the beans Tony!

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 11:54:24 PM »

btw tank, is your eye ok now? i thought you had something stuck in it last night, looked a little sore!
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 09:43:02 AM »

what a great weekend, i will be composing a trip report in due course, once I get enough caffeine into my veins...there is a lot to write about.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
lazaroonie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 10:33:50 AM »

I have had one overriding poker ambition in 2008, and that has involved visiting a certain poker venue in the east midlands. There has been a number of personal issues involving health, work, business, family which have conspired to make this a very difficult ambition to realise. With 6 weeks left of the year I made a decision to set a date, and make  this trip.

Joining me for this trip south would be my able co-driver mr Tank. (actually he cant drive, i run bad...). We would be meeting up with Booder and Nakor, and as it turns out many other blondes in the course of an interesting weekend.

We left glasgow at 12.30 on the friday. Which should have given us ample time to negotiate the friday afternoon traffic to nottingham. well, as it turns out the M1 was even worse that could be expected. and after going off motorway we eventually arrived at our hotel in the centre of town at 7.45pm. On reflection we should probably have headed straight to DTD, but my preference was dump the car in the hotel car park and forget about it for a few days.

so we checked into the hotel , ran upstairs to dump our gear, opened the door to be confronted with....a double bed. oops .More time spent sorting this out.

we eventually arrived at DTD at 8.20pm, with about 5 minutes left to register for the comp. I quickly settled in and got into my usual early level "rock it up" stategy, which gave me a chance to take in my surroundings, which have been written about by many better orators than myself. Suffice to say it is impressive. Most impressive is how they have managed to make such a vast soulless building into something which seems much smaller and intimate.

Anyway, we negotiate the first few levels of the comp, make some good calls and win some chips, make some bad calls get lucky, and win a few more. Then manage to get them all in on a K43 flop whilst holding 33, against 44, and we are back to the start again. The evening passes pretty quickly, largely due to the utterly efficient way the tournaments are run, and I look at the plasma screen to see the state of play - 13 players left, 10 get paid. average stack 35K, I have 45K. nice position. I then get dealt KK on the button, and get an old guy (no, not that old guy) open shoving from UTG for about 30K. I obviously shove, and he turns over AK. Ace first card out and I take a mortal wounding. We then lose another player, and are down to 12 - I could probably have held on for the money, but was steaming really badly. Next hand I just shove them in with 3 5, and a 5 on the river gives me the 2 pair against 2 callers, but unfortunately also gives one guy the flush. game over.

Almost right on call mr Kendall arrived in the building, and we all spent an extremely enjoyable few hours having a few vodkas/whiskys/cups of tea, generally taking the piss out of everyone and anyone.

Day 2 to follow shortly...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »

So gutted I couldn't make it to DTD this weekend.  Every other bloody weekend, but I couldn't get there for this.

Thanks to MrPie for the 4-minute message on my phone though.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »

So gutted I couldn't make it to DTD this weekend.  Every other bloody weekend, but I couldn't get there for this.

hey - I sent you some nice updates from the car park too Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 11:20:50 AM »

hey - I sent you some nice updates from the car park too Cheesy

Yes, even your sob story was a bloody rubdown!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »

btw tank, is your eye ok now? i thought you had something stuck in it last night, looked a little sore!

lool   nice rubdown sir

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 11:50:23 AM »

The Colonel was in no fit state to report anything.   untrue

I had a bet with Wick that booder would not Final, £20 @ 7/2, Wick tried to grim me. I seeeeeethed. I collected, too.
sigh  chipped up with 20 odd runners left....raise 99  shorty pushes A 10 and hits.....raise AQ  cant hit vs JJ......reraise allin with AK vs 77  and miss again. Still,i dont mind not cashing if it means Trigg loses a bet.

wd to Laz and Nakor for a great performance.....quality weekend with some great mates....was great to see Claire,Ding,Chilli,Red,Fran,Ralph,Redbull,Chris Bruce,Evilpie and a very pissed Stu Hopkin,Tikay,Tank and the one man comedy show...Trigg.
Too many laughter moments from the weekend to post here but Frans quote that "Trigg is camp" was proved to be quite correct (who would have guessed) when Maria informed us she had his pink cushion and gay belt in her car........photos to follow

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 12:09:33 PM »

The Colonel was in no fit state to report anything.   untrue

sigh  chipped up with 20 odd runners left....raise 99  shorty pushes A 10 and hits.....raise AQ  cant hit vs JJ......reraise allin with AK vs 77  and miss again. Still,i dont mind not cashing if it means Trigg loses a bet.

wd to Laz and Nakor for a great performance.....quality weekend with some great mates....was great to see Claire,Ding,Chilli,Red,Fran,Ralph,Redbull,Chris Bruce,Evilpie and a very pissed Stu Hopkin,Tikay,Tank and the one man comedy show...Trigg.
Too many laughter moments from the weekend to post here but Frans quote that "Trigg is camp" was proved to be quite correct (who would have guessed) when Maria informed us she had his pink cushion and gay belt in her car........photos to follow

Me? Pissed? Never!
Me? Blabbering rubbish to RedDog? Never!
Me? Ordering more guinness at 5.45am? Never!
Me? Waking up and it was still dark? Never!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

I had a feeling that the Scottish guy sitting at my table, drunk (ish) and dressed as Santa was a Blondite but i didn't like to ask. Anyone know?
lazaroonie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »

Saturday started at around 11am with the decision that the included crowne plaza breakfast had to be sampled, and obviously photographed, if any good. It was decent, but the plates were too small to get any decent amount of food onto them, so they wouldnt have stood much chance on the Rate my Fryup.

At lunchtime we metup with Booder and Nakor, and retired to a local pub , and picked the likely winners from the upcoming excellent card at Cheltenham. One hour and a trip to the bookies later, it was back to trying to pick the winners at any other meeting that hadnt been abandoned....

A few hours later I leave the guys in the bookies, and go for my afternoon siesta. I meetup with the guys and we head out to DTD and first have some dinner in the chiquitos in the retail park.

onto the comp and there are a number of blondes playing, but as always seems to be the case, there are none at my starting table. I am actually still tilting a bit from the exit the night before, but try to keep it together. I am down to nearly half my starting stack before the break, but a double up with AA keeps me in the game.

Approaching the end of the second level I am again back to the starting stack of around 4K and with the blinds going up soon, I have to make a move,  so push from the cutoff with A 10 suited, the button immediately pushes too and I know I am in trouble. the big blind (who has a lot of chips) calls for "value". So we have A 10 agains A J and 10 7. so I am in trouble until a flop of A 10 x gets me out of trouble, and the A on the end makes sure Smiley

we avoid any more drama and basically just always have under average chips, and manage to navigate a steady course to the final with just over 30K chips. I was really sorry to see Karabiner (ralph) was the unfortunate bubble boy in 12th, but the good news is that Nakor also made the final table. Average is around 50K so we know we need to do something special. At the break I say that an early double up would be handy...

First hand back and I am in the big blind, and I look down to see A Q suited. I am happy to see a raise to about 7K from a mid position and a big stack. I decide to push, to make it look like I am defending/restealing my blind.I know I am in front here. He takes an eternity but eventually calls with KQ, we avoid any drama and I have now got a playable stack. Four uncontested raises later and I am close to the chip lead. Nakor then decides to steal my thunder by raising the next 4 pots. Its really game on by this point.

We eventually get down to five, and I have now got a reputation of being a bully, which I dont mind. I have used the tightening of the table to regularly come over the top of early raisers which they dont like very much. This has given me the chip lead, but there are so many chips on the table and so many chips going in various directions it is hard to work out approx stacks. I manage to knock out Nakor in 4th, after he had been nearly felted in the previous hand. It was my BB and I was obliged to call the extra 10K or whatever, and the K in my hand was enough to match the K on the board...

Down to three and now it starts getting interesting. the guy to my right had made some of the most incredibly baffling plays all night - he had a nasty habit of raising UTG for the minimum, and on another hand checked down a raised pot with the nut full house (which he had made on the flop). Then he didnt raise with AA from the small blind, and only bet on the end when the board paired.

the other guy was my old nemesis from the first hand and I knew he was a capable player. We played for a bit until the guy to my left was almost down to the felt after he had suffered a horrible beat to the "bad player". He pushed all in for about 25K and with my big blind being 10K I was obliged to call, I held K 7, against his J 8, but he managed to get out of trouble and was back up to 50K.  Next hand he pushed from the button, again I held K7 but felt that doubling him up was not in my interest here. I was sure I would find better spots. We played another couple of rounds, and by now he was down to about 40K again. I had about 180K, and Matey Boy 220K. from the button I raise it up with A 8, and get a call from idiot in the small blind (!). flop comes ten high he checks, I check. turn comes another ten, he checks I check. River comes an 8, he bets about 35K. In one of the worse moves I think I have ever made, I push, and he calls....and shows 10 2. incredible.

I shouldve been happy with the prize, but I wasnt. on reflection I shouldnt get so steamed up by idiot play, and just concentrate on my own game. The irony is, by the time I had gone for a smoke, and the heads up had started and finished with the other guy overturning a 400K to 40K chip deficit in the space of 5 minutes to claim the 2K first prize. well done him....

Overall impressions, it is a great club. the staff are 1st rate. the tournaments run like clockwork. i almost want to live in nottingham....

just noticed that I am  in 9th place in the overall monthly tournament leaderboard. maybe I shouldve hung around for sunday night too....
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:27:31 PM by lazaroonie » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »

nice writeup Laz

Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: