blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:10:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  flush river board
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: flush river board  (Read 4744 times)
spence

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2008, 07:17:33 PM »

I like just under 3/4 pot here.  anywhere 65-70% feels right (although i would usually bet 72-73% because I'd have bet 2/3 on the flop as well as the turn and 3x streets of 2/3 causes similar issues to the 1/2 pot river bet here).  In a vacuum I really don't like 1/2 pot/fold on the river as it will encourage people to turn a 2nd best made hand into a bluff. I agree with the previous posters who said he isn't going to have bricks here, but a weaker made hand is way way more likely than a draw. 

It is a BvB pot tho so its perfectly possible that gameflow/reads can make the spazzier lines fine.
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »

bolt pp
Re: flush river board
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 03:09:31 AM »

he played flop and turn fine and you gave him the opportunity to take the pot away from him, do you bet 1/2 pot with flush here? your bet screamed of what it was.

It's interesting to me that instinctively so many peeps liked the 1/2 pot size bet specifically to fold to RR, If this is ppls standard line here it's not beyond the realms of possibility the villains encountered this situation before

It's so much more difficult for him to make this move if you bet bigger.

reading through the reasons to bet 3/4 pot or more on the river, this explanation makes sense Bolt Smiley i don't agree with it because i still prefer the check call...but your reason nearly makes me change my mind Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:43:29 PM by noble1 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: