blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Stuart "easypickings" Rutter : In the well
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart "easypickings" Rutter : In the well  (Read 81546 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2010, 09:28:24 AM »

fantastic start to the series stu.

Gutted for you or Neil not to have won but may it be the start of a series that will get better for you...

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2010, 09:39:33 AM »

Sick result Stu vvwp

+++++1

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 04, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »

Well played Stu

I knew you were right to switch focus.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »

UL Stu - well played though sir, a very good result!

Especially considering you were SALTING your night away on the dancefloor before hand!
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

Well played Stu

I knew you were right to switch focus.
lol quality reply!! Gogogog stu like i said a week before on facebook it mbfn to be wt you an you an channing probaly best m8s now! Double mbfn.....................................
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »

Sick result Stu vvwp

Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2010, 07:41:37 PM »

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2010, 12:42:18 AM »

Guys, so sorry that the bottom of the well had gone quiet for a while. I've only just got on the internet for the first time after coming over!

Just off to rail Flushy and play the 2-7 single draw! Will be back on as soon as I can.

Stu
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2010, 01:09:29 PM »

only just found this, tis a good well.

do you think there will be room for the GUKPT in future years if pokerstars made all UKIPT's £1k buy ins/expanded the UKIPT?

which 9 players would make for the toughest possible GUKPT starting table?

This is a really interesting one, me and Tommy have been discussing it a fair bit! I guess it's difficult to make a rule for who counts, but we decided on people who play GUKPTs on a reasonably regular basis (excluding the asker of the question!) The people that may well have got in without that cutoff, I feel, would be Roland De Wolfe, Anders Hovoid, Flushy, Andy Teng, Moorman, Pab, Ketul Nathwani, and JP Kelly.

But here's my nine:

Praz Bansi
James Akenhead
Karl Mahrenholz
Matt Perrins
Jake Cody
Toby Lewis
James Mitchell
James Williams
John Eames
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2010, 01:14:22 PM »

Cheers for answers Stu, appreciate it!!

GL for remainder of the series!
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »

only just found this, tis a good well.

do you think there will be room for the GUKPT in future years if pokerstars made all UKIPT's £1k buy ins/expanded the UKIPT?

It's been a shame to see the GUKPT lose its numbers a little bit, and probably it will never reach the heights again of the first televised year, but I strongly believe that the GUKPT will always have its place. Even if PokerStars were to imitate (or better) the structure and setup enitrely, there is still something that the GUKPT offers that no other tour could.

It has effectively become the tour of the UK regs, and that is a nice thing in two respects. Firstly, there is the social element and the feeling that, with the history, great organsiers, and fantastic additions like the Tower and his team, this is the true UK tour. Furthermore, because a large number of the players in each field are regs, the continuity brings a great dynamic of history that does just not happen in other poker tours. After playing against a few players a good number of times, situations can become alot more interesting as you try to take on the history you have with those players, or try to remember the style you have seen them play in the past. Although the decreased numbers are a shame, this has to be the biggest advantage to have come out of this.

There is no regular event I look forward to playing more than the GUKPT, and I'm sure that I'm not alone, and that it will always have a solid, dedicated fan base that keeps it going. I would also say it's debatable whether Stars would want to shoot at the £1k market in the UK, which is arguably quite different from a £500 market, which is always inevitably going to attract a bigger field.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2010, 06:35:07 AM »

Tks for doing this again Stu, really enjoy your writing and some top com answers too.

Apart from the obvious WSOP ME, which tourney/event would you most like to win and why?

Geo

Apart from the obvious WSOP ME, which tourney/event would you most like to win and why?

One of the strange things about poker is that the times you come close and miss are somehow more disappointing than the times you never had a shot. For that reason, two of my biggest disappointments have come in what would seem like decent finishes, at the last two GUKPT finals. Poker does funny things with your emotions, where obviously it is very exciting and satisfying to have a good run, but the feeling of coming short seems to trump that, and leaves you with a greater appetite for next time.

Last year, I was excited to take more than average to the final table, but crashed out in 9th at the hands of the crazy Italian Romano Pizzi. At the tournament that Pab won in 2008, I had the chip lead with five left, but let it slip through my fingers. So, I guess my answer to the question is that there might be more obvious answers ( the $25k six max, Monte Carlo and $10k HORSE at the Series would come to mind), but there would be something really sweet about getting a shot at London again.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »

Hi Stuart,

Congratulations on being crowned the 5th best player in coventry and the 3rd best european player at mixed games!

A few questions?

Do you still consider yourself a youngkidwithtoomuchmoney, or would you say you are now a grownupwithjustaboutenoughmoney?

What would you consider the better way to spend $20,000. Put me in a $100/$100 plo game or freeroll Dubai on a night out?

If Tobasco brought out a new type of sauce that was 3times hotter than the original and had caffeine in it, what would be the maximum you'd pay per bottle?

Thanks!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »

Hi Stuart,

Congratulations on being crowned the 5th best player in coventry and the 3rd best european player at mixed games!

A few questions?

Do you still consider yourself a youngkidwithtoomuchmoney, or would you say you are now a grownupwithjustaboutenoughmoney?

What would you consider the better way to spend $20,000. Put me in a $100/$100 plo game or freeroll Dubai on a night out?

If Tobasco brought out a new type of sauce that was 3times hotter than the original and had caffeine in it, what would be the maximum you'd pay per bottle?

Thanks!
lol. <3 everything you write.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2013, 03:21:15 AM »

Quite amazing how some of the things that Stu wrote about 5 years ago were right on the money.  Great read.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: