blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:47:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272936 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Different kind of staking
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Different kind of staking  (Read 184514 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »

Will you be posting progress reports on here so that we can see how things are going ?

Ralph, I wasn't planning to do that regularly to be honest. But I am sure it will get mentioned at some stage in the future. Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2009, 02:29:36 PM »

Will you be posting progress reports on here so that we can see how things are going ?

Ralph, I wasn't planning to do that regularly to be honest. But I am sure it will get mentioned at some stage in the future. Smiley

Surely if you will be open to new shareholders in three month's time you will need to produce your results thus far.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »

Surely if you will be open to new shareholders in three month's time you will need to produce your results thus far.

Yes and in three month's time there will be some sort of list. But only at that stage.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2009, 08:02:22 PM »

Have you decided which bookies youre gonna run with Boldie?

I take it you/we will get a decent free bet for the first one!!! We're looking at £150 bets now aren't we?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »

I take it you/we will get a decent free bet for the first one!!! We're looking at £150 bets now aren't we?

If we indeed get a 3K kitty then yeah looking at 150 bets. Of course some people might still pull out (though I hope not) Paddy Power is the bookie of choice at the moment Smiley

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2009, 08:38:40 PM »

If we indeed get a 3K kitty then yeah looking at 150 bets. Of course some people might still pull out (though I hope not) Paddy Power is the bookie of choice at the moment Smiley

i know nothing about horse racing but do you not have to shop around for the best price?
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »

Boldie stick me down for £50 please and pm bank details

Cheers Colin

Embracing the variance.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:28 PM »

The Rules of the betting; 

I will stake 5% of any kitty per bet with a £50 minimum, (as explained below, betsize readjusted every 3 months)

does this mean if the kitty goes up after say the 1st race by 20%  each bet will increase as well or does it stay at the original bet size??
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 24, 2009, 10:27:08 PM »

The Rules of the betting; 

I will stake 5% of any kitty per bet with a £50 minimum, (as explained below, betsize readjusted every 3 months)

does this mean if the kitty goes up after say the 1st race by 20%  each bet will increase as well or does it stay at the original bet size??

read your own post ldo

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »

i know nothing about horse racing but do you not have to shop around for the best price?

yes you can shop around for best prices (in fact it helps as it can make a point difference). It is however clearer for everyone if all the money is kept in one account. This way everyone will know that I'm not ripping people off. Also PP are, on average, pretty much up there with decent morning odds and they, like many other bookies, offer a best price guarantee (one of the main reasons I won't use betfair on this one). This allows me to take their morning price and still get the SP if that's higher than their morning price.
One thing I wanted to avoid is having 5 or 6 accounts. However I can definitely see that becoming an option in a few months or so.

CIA, betsize will stay the same for 3 months so I won't change it after every race.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 24, 2009, 11:01:31 PM »

thumbs up
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »

Also, there will be a fair bit of bonus whoring and all that sort of good stuff to increase any profit we could possibly have...in the beginning I'd just like to keep it simple with one bookie so everyone knows what's what.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »

Have you opened a new bank account for this money Boldie or just going into your own? The reason I ask is because the simplest why imo would be to just have a new bank acc and open accounts with bookies over the phone on that card. This way you can shop around for best prices easy as. And most bookies on the phone now return your money to you at the end of every night so your money will always be in that account.

HI HELEN!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2009, 06:02:11 AM »

Have you opened a new bank account for this money Boldie or just going into your own? The reason I ask is because the simplest why imo would be to just have a new bank acc and open accounts with bookies over the phone on that card. This way you can shop around for best prices easy as. And most bookies on the phone now return your money to you at the end of every night so your money will always be in that account.

Just going into my own as my bank said it would take 2 weeks to sort everything when I asked which would have been a bit of a pain.
I shall speak to the bank today though as what you're saying makes plenty sense Smiley

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2009, 06:07:09 AM »

OK everything is closed now, if you are on the list but are still to send the moneys, please ensure it's in one of the accounts before 05-02.
I am guessing some people will not go ahead with it (as is ussually the case) so hope the fund should be 3k for betsizes of 150.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: