blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Final Day
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Final Day  (Read 43786 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 04:19:07 PM »

Matt Perrins raises to 30k, Nicholas Holbrook reraises to 60k. Perrins thinks for about 2 minutes before moving in. Holbrook instantly calls.

Perrins:

Holbrook:

three diamonds

Matt Perrins is OUT in 8th place winning £6,820

I'm a little bit shocked by Perrins move there, Holbrook generally seems pretty solid and a min-reraise is always suspicious.

Lee and Perrins first two out. Saucy.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »

Rough counts:

Richard Lewindon -- 145k
Ramsey Ajram -- 148k
Bernard Litman -- 175k
Keir Ratcliff -- 400k
Nicholas Holbrook -- 780k
James Sudworth -- 240k
Andreas Hoivold -- 400k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 04:26:28 PM »

Ramsey Ajram moves all-in, it's passed around to Nicholas Holbrook who calls.

Ajram:

Holbrook:

two spades

A bit of justice for Ajram who moves back up to about 300k, Holbrook knocked down to around 630k, his lucky red hat failing him this time.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 04:28:22 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 04:32:18 PM »

He's got money on himself to win hasn't he!  Nobody is bigger or better than the game.

Hoivold raises to 24k on the button. Ajram reraises to 80k in the big blind, Hoivold instantly moves all in. And instantly called.

Hoivold:

Ajram:

Andreas, "Nice timing."

A wince and groan from the crowd. Ajram gets up out of his chair knocking it over and says, "Sick...I'm too good for this fucking game." He takes a moment away from the table to compose himself before sitting back down.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

Now that he's back with a stack again the Ramsey Ajram Raising Show recommences.

He makes it 31k from the button and gets the blinds. He shows Aces.

Next hand he makes it 31k from the cut-off. Nicholas Holbrook decides to call, perhaps deciding he has to stand up to his opponent.

three clubs

Check check

Two Diamonds

Check check

Holbrook bets 30k, Ajram quickly calls. Holbrook shows , Ajram flips before mucking them.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 04:40:17 PM »

He's got money on himself to win hasn't he!  Nobody is bigger or better than the game.

Hoivold raises to 24k on the button. Ajram reraises to 80k in the big blind, Hoivold instantly moves all in. And instantly called.

Hoivold:

Ajram:

Andreas, "Nice timing."

A wince and groan from the crowd. Ajram gets up out of his chair knocking it over and says, "Sick...I'm too good for this fucking game." He takes a moment away from the table to compose himself before sitting back down.

As I said, he's been fairly mellow/stoic over the last couple of days, I think it was mostly frustration at the rivered two outer against the player he probably respects the most on the table, plus perhaps a tiny bit of arrogance. Wink

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 04:40:42 PM »

...I'm too good for this fucking game

HOW MANY FINALS HE MADE?Huh?

the only guy that could ever say that was

Stu Ungar,
When anyone talks about the greatest poker players of all time, Stu Ungar's name will surface immediately. He is considered by many to have been the greatest No Limit Hold'em player of all time.

Ungar was a three-time World Champion (with five WSOP bracelets). He won ten major No Limit Hold'em championship events (in which the buy-ins were $5,000 or higher). Amazingly, Ungar only played in about 30 of these championship events in his lifetime.

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 04:45:03 PM »

Oh, it's a good day to be Andreas Hoivold...

Hoivold raises it up and Richard Lewindon pushes. Keir Ratcliff asks for a count, but folds. Hoivold makes the call.

Hoivold:

Lewindon:

Richard Lewindon is OUT in 7th place winning £9,160

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 04:46:18 PM »

Stu Ungar,
When anyone talks about the greatest poker players of all time, Stu Ungar's name will surface immediately. He is considered by many to have been the greatest No Limit Hold'em player of all time.

Ungar was a three-time World Champion (with five WSOP bracelets). He won ten major No Limit Hold'em championship events (in which the buy-ins were $5,000 or higher). Amazingly, Ungar only played in about 30 of these championship events in his lifetime.

He said it in the heat of the moment. Let's not burn him at the stake for it unless he started saying it every five minutes. Wink

S3 TRX

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »

Stu Ungar,

Hes just fustrated,hes not like that atall i know him persoanlly.im sure any poker player will understand
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2009, 04:53:05 PM »

ive got the wood and ready to go.,.,,.,.,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,burn him,burn him.

i dont mean that atall im just making a point that i think there is only one guy worthy of saying that comment and im sure a lot of people would agree STU UNGAR.,.,.,

a bit silly to say that infront of everybody mind,,,,,coulda said something like YOU LUCK ***** OR YOU HALLOWEEN CANDLE BURNING GUY,,,,,be fair,,,im too good for this fucking game,,,mini helmuth,,,??

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »

Andreas Hoivold raises to 29k preflop, Keir Ratcliff calls from the big blind.

Check, Hoivold bets 34k, Ratcliff raises to 94k. Hoivold asks how much he has behind before deciding to just call,

A very dangerous turn card, and Ratcliff moves all-in. Hoivold folds. Ratcliff shows

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2009, 04:54:08 PM »

Nathan Lee pushes for 46.5k, Keir Ratcliff calls on the button, everyone else folds.

Lee:

Ratcliff:

Two Clubs

Nathan Lee is OUT in 9th place winning £4,700

Ooooh that reminds me, I haven't basted my chicken

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2009, 04:57:21 PM »

ive got the wood and ready to go.,.,,.,.,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,,burn him,burn him,burn him,,,,,,burn him,burn him.

i dont mean that atall im just making a point that i think there is only one guy worthy of saying that comment and im sure a lot of people would agree STU UNGAR.,.,.,

a bit silly to say that infront of everybody mind,,,,,coulda said something like YOU LUCK ***** OR YOU HALLOWEEN CANDLE BURNING GUY,,,,,be fair,,,im too good for this fucking game,,,mini helmuth,,,??

He hasn't said a word at the table since. First final at a GUKPT. Let's give him a break. Smiley

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »

He hasn't said a word at the table since. First final at a GUKPT. Let's give him a break. Smiley

is he reading this?
stop getting yourself at it over nothing,.,.,

btw ratcliff ftw he seems to have game

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: