blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 87 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner  (Read 235879 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1005 on: May 18, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »

My ankle still isn't 100%, and it's bloody annoying.

So is the fecking rest of you tbf.

just coz i literally laughed out loud doesn't mean I agree.  necessarily.

To be fair, I did too. Bastards.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 18, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »

My ankle still isn't 100%, and it's bloody annoying. So if anyone knows any witchcraft I can use to heal it more rapidly that'd be grand. Blood of virgin, or piss of newt, that sort of thing.

You could try a slug on your bellend.

Alternatively if you'd like the number of a chiropractor I know a good one.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1007 on: May 18, 2012, 09:31:05 PM »

My ankle still isn't 100%, and it's bloody annoying. So if anyone knows any witchcraft I can use to heal it more rapidly that'd be grand. Blood of virgin, or piss of newt, that sort of thing.

You could try a slug on your bellend.

Alternatively if you'd like the number of a chiropractor I know a good one.

Got any slugs?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:33 PM »

I've got both if you want 'em but I don't have any scientific research/proof that they work mind!!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1009 on: July 17, 2012, 10:17:22 AM »

Bad news. My Garmin 201 Forerunner GPS whatsit has started to play up (I've had it for 7 years).

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: July 17, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

Good news.  Means I'll need to replace it and I've wanted to get the latest Forerunner 610 for a while now...

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/04/garmin-forerunner-610-in-depth-review.html
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:21:32 AM by kinboshi » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: July 22, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »

The Forerunner 610 is the nuts.

That is all.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 22, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »

That is all.

Sigh, I read the review and thought I was going to have to kiss goodbye to 250 sheets. Now it's been given the kin seal, did you source from Amazon?

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: July 22, 2012, 10:10:40 PM »

6 sleeps left and then the Thunder Run.  Quite a bit behind the pace I was at this time last year, but I've had almost three months where I couldn't run because of my ankle - so just happy that I'll be fit at the weekend and can put in 4 decent laps.

The weather this week looks like it's going to be hot and sunny, so the ground should dry up after a few months of mud and puddles.  Thankfully, the forecast for Saturday is a bit cooler, and possibly some rain.  No idea which shoes I'll be running in on Saturday, as it depends on the state of the course and how muddy it is (or isn't).

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1014 on: July 22, 2012, 10:19:36 PM »

That is all.

Sigh, I read the review and thought I was going to have to kiss goodbye to 250 sheets. Now it's been given the kin seal, did you source from Amazon?

Yeah, got it from Amazon.

It is pricey, and the £140 ones would probably be more than sufficient, but what the hell.  The touch screen is great, the satellite pick up is amazing compared to my antique Forerunner 201.  Hope it lasts at least as long as the 201 did (7 years!).

Actually I might send it back.  It doesn't make me run any faster...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:23:05 PM by kinboshi » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1015 on: July 27, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »

24 hours to go until the start of the Thunder Run - http://tr24.co.uk

Going to be setting up our basecamp later today for our team of 8 and support crew.

Updates to follow...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: July 30, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Team pic - update to follow, so will summarise for now: great weekend, utterly knackered.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 30, 2012, 11:45:10 AM »

Well done Kin! Yet another experience which money can not buy and memories to be fondly remembered.

Congrats again.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: August 24, 2012, 01:26:40 PM »

http://www.justgiving.com/kinboshi

Decided to run for the JoiningJack charity this time round. The charity JoiningJack has the aim of finding a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy - and there's more information on the justgiving page.

thumbs up

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 24, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »

Hey Dan, thanks for the donation, really appreciate it. Will do the same for your run in Berlin, gl. Gonna take a look through this diary now, its looks good Smiley

Been really getting into all this running marlarky recently. I've always done little runs here and there just to give myself a bit of a sweat from time to time but want to start running more regularly and increase distance and better my times etc.

Started about 3 wks ago using the micoach app just to track my progress. Was only doing like 3-4k but built up slowly increasing my dist with each run. Is it a case of just putting the miles in in the next 9 ish weeks before the event then like you suggested on Twitter? Cheers

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 87 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: