blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:04:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 87 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner  (Read 236027 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »

How do you propose to garner proof?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »

I thought Paula Radcliffe sort of touched cloth but stopped short of a full movement.  I think I recall criticising her for not trying hard enough because of this. 

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 09:14:02 PM »

I thought Paula Radcliffe sort of touched cloth but stopped short of a full movement.  I think I recall criticising her for not trying hard enough because of this. 

Probably true...twas probably only a bit that came out.

Kin, what do you mean "garner proof"? You go over to the side of the road...do a  nr2..and then go and finish the race...you don't need to shit your self FFS!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2009, 08:50:03 AM »

All the best. I have been for one run since Xmas day, so even if a last minute gold place came through now, I doubt i'd be able to take it. Next year though.

Are u posting a weekly forerunner summary?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »

Kin, what do you mean "garner proof"? You go over to the side of the road...do a  nr2..and then go and finish the race...you don't need to shit your self FFS!

How will you know if I do it, or if I just say I did?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »

All the best. I have been for one run since Xmas day, so even if a last minute gold place came through now, I doubt i'd be able to take it. Next year though.

Best to wait until next year and you'll have time to prepare properly.

Are u posting a weekly forerunner summary?

Good idea!  No hiding then.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »

How will you know if I do it, or if I just say I did?

Good point, we'd need some sort of evidence.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 01:22:56 AM »

If I ever ran a marathon I would get as close to the start line as possible and sprint my bollocks off for like 2-3 miles being at the front before I would collapse on the floor and get trampled by 20,000 people. Imagine the TV time.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 01:25:32 AM »

If I ever ran a marathon I would get as close to the start line as possible and sprint my bollocks off for like 2-3 miles being at the front before I would collapse on the floor and get trampled by 20,000 people. Imagine the TV time.

Unless your a very very good 5k runner your sprinting is very unlikely to get you to the front!

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 01:41:52 AM »

If you do get in front though, just shoot everyone as they come past and stroll to the finish when you're done.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »

Two problems with this.  Firstly, the elite runners are VERY quick.  They run at under 5minute/mile pace, and I wouldn't be able to run that pace for one mile. 

The other problem is that the elite runners start from a different line to the mass field. 

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

Nice one Daniel good luck with this,if you say pardon though your getting fuk all from me though  Wink
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »

Nice one Daniel good luck with this,if you say pardon though your getting fuk all from me though  Wink

Sorry?

Wink

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »

Just been out for a run - managed 9 miles today, but my legs were heavy after playing hockey yesterday.  Still need to up my weekly mileage though.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »

Sorry?

Wink

LOL,I've been thinking about doing one of the cycling trips that mcmillan do to raise money for them but i'm lazy sigh,I will do it though but I just couldn't imagine even attempting to run a marathon,wp sir
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 87 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: