blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)  (Read 446456 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2005, 06:23:14 PM »

My apologies, Rob. I was just expressing an opinion. Didn't mean to stress you out.

As I said on the other thread, you already have my support with the venture, whatever the signs, name, etc.
jammer

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2005, 06:46:53 PM »

change the name, change the membership sheme........................................god knows what people will be like when the club opens........change the sign, change the dealers, change the reception......................what have a let myself in for here.

Forum posts can be very stressful Rob, as a huge % of communication is non-verbal - and thats lost on here. Remember that everyone wishes you the best of success when you read the ol posts, and they shouldn't seem so bad. I reckon everyone who writes on here want you to succeed - they post as friends on blonde, not punters at the club. (After we'll all be down to support it whatever Wink)

Apart from that Snoppy. He's a troublemaker.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2005, 06:49:27 PM »

Forum posts can be very stressful Rob, as a huge % of communication is non-verbal - and thats lost on here. Remember that everyone wishes you the best of success when you read the ol posts, and they shouldn't seem so bad. I reckon everyone who writes on here want you to succeed - they post as friends on blonde, not punters at the club. (After we'll all be down to support it whatever Wink)

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2005, 06:52:56 PM »

My apologies, Rob. I was just expressing an opinion. Didn't mean to stress you out.

As I said on the other thread, you already have my support with the venture, whatever the signs, name, etc.

Cancel that dog's free subscription  Cheesy

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2005, 07:04:38 PM »

Jammer,

If you have read my diary you'll have noticed that I have got more stressed this week. In all my business ventures consulting people has been used effectively, but you can't please everyone all of the time.

And there is no point in going over and over the same stuff. In terms of the name, there is no cost or domain issue, I also own www.dusktildawnpoker.com and www.dusktilldawnpoker.com. I'll have a think about it, its not a major change.

There is so much happening at the moment since we got the green light on the premises, and as I said when I started the thread, I'd like to use the following procedure so I remain organised and focussed:

1. Debate 1 single issue every 2 weeks on forum (openly, but I will always get annoyed when the same person keeps posting the same negative point over and over again such as IFM over membership fees)

2. Make a Final Decision (it has to be mine and wont keep everyone happy, but that is my job)

3. Move onto the next subject

People who want to work with me on these threads are welcome, I want as much bad/good feedback as possible, as you see, the membership scheme was formed from using Blonde opinions. Bu using this approach the club can only better for the members, and this approach will continue when the club is running, with constant contact with members.

Over the next 9 months, you'll find me in "up" and "down" moods, sometimes "on tilt" with the hassle, but we'll get there in the end. However, I'm not going to have any time for "trouble makers" and "serial negative posters", why should I? -  I owe them nothing, nor do I need their custom, my living does not depend on the success or failure of this club, so I do not have to suck up to any potential customers.

Thanks for the 95% who are giving me good and bad news and following the theads. I'll keep it totally honest and be open.

Cheers Rob

« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 07:11:12 PM by robyong » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2005, 07:06:09 PM »

incase any1's wondering, the poll about the name of the club was removed at the request of the author.

Any comments about the name can be posted here.

Personally, I think 'Dusk til Dawn' would be cool, but it's up to Rob. The important thing is what's going to be inside, not the sign above the door.

Having said that, how about 'SNOOPY'S'?

Has a certain ring to it...

... sort of  Cheesy

ps. please please please don't get stressed Rob and remember that you have the backing of all the Blondites whatever decisions you make. We are merely here to offer feeback.  thumbs up

« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 07:13:08 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
jammer

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2005, 08:21:17 PM »

Its all fascinating stuff to follow mate. keep up the hard work.

Hopefully blonde can continue to be a place to get support for the downers, and to celebrate when the sun is shinin'. thumbs up

The url's are great by the way.
yt

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2005, 08:36:08 PM »

Anything that avoids a poker pun has got to be better. I said this in the original 'name the club thread' so no need to go over it again.
I figured as this was the name Rob chose the discussion was over. And I think it is....
Does the name really matter? it will catch on based on the success of the club.
divaflava

WIP

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2005, 09:24:30 PM »

In the long term, for what it's worth, I'd argue that 'From Dusk 'til Dawn' is a much more viable name.

I hated the original choice, although I understand how u got to it. But it is completely unnatural to speak as it is nonsense.

I also think beyond your core audience it is too clever by half and won't work on merchandising or in advertising. I'd hate to try and write promo copy around 'From Dusk Tilt Dawn' and the regional press won't understand it either - or thank you for making them explain what it means to their readers every time they write about it either.

I really hope this club is a success and you listen to the points made by several people on this thread about the name. Best of luck and am enjoying reading the thread.

Now available in new improved post-rehab 'flava
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2005, 02:35:49 AM »

1. Debate 1 single issue every 2 weeks on forum (openly, but I will always get annoyed when the same person keeps posting the same negative point over and over again such as IFM over membership fees)

At the end of the day if you post asking for opinions you shouldn't be upset when you get them, simple as that.
If you feel i should be singled out by you constantly then fine, i don't care but lets forget all the people who agree with me eh?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2005, 02:42:16 AM »

i don't care but lets forget all the people who agree with me eh?

but they have since gone back on their medication  Cheesy

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2005, 02:45:42 AM »

i don't care but lets forget all the people who agree with me eh?

but they have since gone back on their medication  Cheesy

Unfortunately it ain't funny Robert, if we are asked for an opinion and give it why get funny about it?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2005, 06:14:41 AM »

'Dusk 'til Dawn' is better, people will call it that anyway.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2005, 10:54:33 AM »

I think you are all forgetting copyright issues ......  Im sure you will find that From Dusk 'til Dawn is owned by the film company.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2005, 11:15:52 AM »

It's the same as having a galaxy chocolate bar and a ford galaxy car, as long as you can't get the 2 confused it's OK.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: