blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)  (Read 446007 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1755 on: January 14, 2008, 10:20:32 AM »

As for the trainers issue - why do people 'have to' wear trainers?  If you don't like uncomfortable shoes, get yourself a comfortable pair, or some boots (that can be just as comfortable as trainers and are probably better for your feet).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 14, 2008, 11:49:46 AM »

I was at dtd on Friday and heard a few people say that they 'can't' wear proper shoes, and therefore probably will not be coming again. (I don't believe for a second that they would stay away BTW).

I am sure there are isolated instances of people with severe foot problems that mean they can't wear shoes.
But in the main it strikes me as supposed adults behaving like 6 year old kids.

As for people moaning on a public forum about a private club - I can understand Rob Yong's stance, and the frustration at seeing months of hard work undermined (although I don't think Tragic's comment falls into this category).

However, this stance will inevitably stifle debate about the positives and negatives of dtd (and even the best run businesses have negatives).
Whilst it is fine in theory that all comments / complaints are directed privately to the business, sometimes people are not very good at articulating their point or idea, until they get involved in a discussion.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 01:44:16 PM by jakally » Logged
da_poker_monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 14, 2008, 12:54:29 PM »

When the Hospital tells you to wear trainers except for attending the odd funeral etc then you wear trainers unless somebody close to you dies - end of.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 14, 2008, 01:14:33 PM »

When the Hospital tells you to wear trainers except for attending the odd funeral etc then you wear trainers unless somebody close to you dies - end of.

I think Jakally covered this, I think he meant can't wear shoes.

I am sure there are isolated instances of people with severe foot problems that mean they can't wear trainers.
But in the main it strikes me as supposed adults behaving like 6 year old kids.

But primarily any kind of foot problems that mean you can't wear shoes, also mean that you can't wear trainers either.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
da_poker_monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 14, 2008, 02:34:20 PM »

Search Yahoo Diabetic foot and that should clarify why some people have foot trouble, I kinda get what your saying about if you cannot wear shoes you cannot wear trainers but it's just what is recommended. 
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: