blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde, going forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde, going forward.  (Read 35999 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2009, 07:33:11 PM »

People just won't pay for updates, everyone here is saying 'i would chip in' etc but it just won't happen, in all honesty why would someone pay when they can get better content elsewhere for free?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2009, 07:38:05 PM »

dont know about "better content" flushy. I personally think blonde have the best written updates on the net. The advent of the TV updates awop are doing may change my views on these updates being the best but only time will tell on those as they are still quite new.

ariston

better lucky than good
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »

People just won't pay for updates, everyone here is saying 'i would chip in' etc but it just won't happen, in all honesty why would someone pay when they can get better content elsewhere for free?

"better content"?

Where exactly?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2009, 07:39:47 PM »

If people did pay how would they feel if that content was then cut and pasted elsewhere and people got to read it for free - would that be an issue - as it almost certainly would happen.

How could/would Blonde be expected to police that?

Ariston - I don't play a lot of online poker but I play a bit on Blonde just to help out. How about you signing up depositing and, if you would be happy to pay for an update, do it another way by playing on Blonde or perhaps sponsoring some blonde members to play on the site where you may make some money at the same time?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2009, 07:40:04 PM »

ariston if you want to pay my expenese i can do live updates from any event any time
aslong as my travel and hotel costs are met i am more than happy to do them

i might even do them in proper english with proper grammer and spelling

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2009, 07:43:18 PM »

If people did pay how would they feel if that content was then cut and pasted elsewhere and people got to read it for free - would that be an issue - as it almost certainly would happen.

Ariston - I don't play a lot of online poker but I play a bit on Blonde just to help out. How about you signing up depositing and, if you would be happy to pay for an update, do it another way by playing on Blonde or perhaps sponsoring some blonde members to play on the site where you may make some money at the same time?

Wouldn't bother me one little bit.

Snoopy is the best updater on any site period. Floppy, Jen (does she still do them?), Dana and Jungle Cat are way above average.

I know pokernews, awop, cardplayer etc etc are possibly more up to date with chip counts and hand histories etc.. but the fact is the writers on here are MUCH better than elsewhere.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2009, 07:44:58 PM »

Blonde Poker account opened.

Fold when 5ukkkraM bets on the river.

Off to Broadway now for the £150 - hopefully see at least a couple of dozen others have done the same when I come back with my winnings.

thumbs up 
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2009, 07:45:09 PM »

Snoopy is the best updater on any site period. Floppy, Jen (does she still do them?), Dana and Jungle Cat are way above average.

i taught them ALL I KNOW

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2009, 07:48:03 PM »

ariston if you want to pay my expenese i can do live updates from any event any time
aslong as my travel and hotel costs are met i am more than happy to do them

It was going so well until

i might even do them in proper english with proper grammer and spelling

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2009, 07:49:22 PM »

I know pokernews, awop, cardplayer etc etc are possibly more up to date with chip counts and hand histories etc.. but the fact is the writers on here are MUCH better than elsewhere.

agree totally with keith although I actually thought jen was the best (she had a way with words). the fact all the blonde updaters where the best at what they did is good for blonde.

ironside many thanks for your kind offer but I think I would prefer sofa to you doing updates Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »

agree totally with keith although I actually thought jen was the best (she had a way with words). the fact all the blonde updaters where the best at what they did is good for blonde.

ironside many thanks for your kind offer but I think I would prefer sofa to you doing updates Wink

ok if you payu for the expenses i will accompany my sofa too all the events you want covered and allow it to update for you

obviously my sofa is very expensive and i cant allow it lose on its own

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2009, 07:53:19 PM »

They won't pay when they can get any content elsewhere covering the same event - it doesn't have to be better.

I'm sure some loyal blondes with money would do it, but not enough to pay for it so they still wouldn't be viable until they can be paid for with alternative means. i.e. it wouldn't make any difference to the current situation at all.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2009, 07:55:09 PM »

Stick one of these buttons at the top of the next volunteer update. It's a zero cost option and only then could you gauge how much it would bring in. I understand Tikay's reticence regarding donating to shareholders however, if the donations are kept separate and only used to fund current and future updates, I don't see anyone who actually does donate having a problem with that.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »

"better content"?

Where exactly?

I was referring to the live AWOP feed, almost every other site also does faster updates on top of little gimmicks to present this information to the reader.

Blonde's updaters are the best, of that i have no doubt.

The simple truth of the matter is those in charge got complacent when blonde owned the update stage, if you look at an update now to one 3 years ago there has been just 1 single innovation (the tournament clock) this has allowed other sites to come and take nearly all of blondes market share, there is no point dwelling on the past though, it can't be fixed, however if they are going to make a return they have to be done a lot better.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2009, 08:01:10 PM »

"better content"?

Where exactly?

I was referring to the live AWOP feed, almost every other site also does faster updates on top of little gimmicks to present this information to the reader.

Blonde's updaters are the best, of that i have no doubt.

The simple truth of the matter is those in charge got complacent when blonde owned the update stage, if you look at an update now to one 3 years ago there has been just 1 single innovation (the tournament clock) this has allowed other sites to come and take nearly all of blondes market share, there is no point dwelling on the past though, it can't be fixed, however if they are going to make a return they have to be done a lot better.

I disagree massively.

The lack of all the gimmicks and gizmos ADDS to the sense of community. Less is more imo.

When a Blondite is going deep in a big tournament, the feeling of community and support is overwhelming. Nothing like it on any other site.

Do we really need a video of Marc Goodwin saying how he did in the first two levels to improve it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: