blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Why did you come to Blondepoker ?
Poll
Question: When you first found blondepoker what attracted you to the site  (Voting closed: February 01, 2009, 07:10:52 PM)
Update/tourney report - 27 (22.7%)
Other reason - 92 (77.3%)
Total Voters: 119

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did you come to Blondepoker ?  (Read 16966 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 08:13:30 PM »

Met Tikay at Brighton and he told me about the forum. Joining Blonde was the only way I knew of keeping in touch with him and meeting him again.

You must be the only poker playing woman he hasn't offered his phone number to.

[ ] That makes me feel really good, either I lucked out or having seen me play he realised I wasn't a poker playing woman....

No, he knew he had no chance with a woman of your beauty and intelligence.

Oh good retrieval Sir.

awesome, funniest thing iv read today, quality on so many levels!!!!!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 08:33:25 PM »

Courtesy of Ian 'Gamblor21' Bradley.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:13 PM »

Now we just need another 498 members to also agree, to come anywhere near the costs of yearly updating.

Ariston, do you really think, for one minute, that the decision makers at blonde canned the updates lightly?

At last, sanity.......

In case Ariston misses this, too, because I've said it again & again.......

Ariston, do you really think, for one minute, that the decision makers at blonde canned the updates lightly?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:22 PM »

Random googling looking for stuff about Gala Notts, back in the days of me bothering to play live (2005).
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »

Found Blonde on Google while trying to work out how to play the local Gala rebuy tourneys.

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »

Now we just need another 498 members to also agree, to come anywhere near the costs of yearly updating.

At last, sanity.......

no need to shout. I dont think you have taken the decision lightly. I also dont think there will be anywhere to shout about it in a few months unless the decision makers start treating this like a business instead of a hobby/burden. driving your community/potential customers to a competitor is one of the biggest mistakes anyone can make in business and in you head (not your heart) you know I am correct in saying this.

You have lost your best assets in snoops and floppsy and I know they will be snapped up very quickly by someone else. I know you regret it already as blonde is your baby tony but you will regret it even more when you are left with a few faithfull blondites and nobody else as they have all gone elsewhere.

ariston

better lucky than good
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »

I started here just after I started playing poker.  I orginally started on the Betfair forum as I played there, but people weren't overly friendly and seemed to have a bit of an elitist attitude towards themselves (except Mandylou I think it was, he/she was very helpful)  Anyway, I found myself here, probably after Googling Poker Forum or something like that, and everyone was instantly helpful, friendly and welcoming.   They did welcoming threads back then for new members and it just felt great joining a new community and being made welcome straight away.

Cry Please don't go  Cry

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 09:39:14 PM »

At last, sanity.......

no need to shout. I dont think you have taken the decision lightly. I also dont think there will be anywhere to shout about it in a few months unless the decision makers start treating this like a business instead of a hobby/burden. driving your community/potential customers to a competitor is one of the biggest mistakes anyone can make in business and in you head (not your heart) you know I am correct in saying this.

You have lost your best assets in snoops and floppsy and I know they will be snapped up very quickly by someone else. I know you regret it already as blonde is your baby tony but you will regret it even more when you are left with a few faithfull blondites and nobody else as they have all gone elsewhere.

If the updaters can come back I'm sure and hope they will, who wouldn't want to update on Blonde and be part of the banter? Ariston - this is hopefully short term - in the meantime sponsor some players on blonde if you want the site to keep going!!

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 09:48:33 PM »

A friend played in the first APAT at the Broadway and told me I could follow his progress here. He was unlucky and the tournament was won by a complete luckbox.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 09:49:25 PM »

A friend played in the first APAT at the Broadway and told me I could follow his progress here. He was unlucky and the tournament was won by a complete luckbox.

you aint wrong

but i beleive the guy who went out in 8th was a star

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 10:13:39 PM »

At last, sanity.......

If the updaters can come back I'm sure and hope they will, who wouldn't want to update on Blonde and be part of the banter? Ariston - this is hopefully short term - in the meantime sponsor some players on blonde if you want the site to keep going!!

sorry i dont sponsor players anymore. I did try and open a dialogue about maybe bringing a staking site onto blonde with kickbacks etc which would have more than covered the costs of the updates but was turned down. I no longer run a staking site of my own and now work full time for a living but a link with one of the staking sites would certainly be a huge revenue stream for blonde given the ammount of decent players that are on here. if tony wants to do a deal like this he knows the people involved in the biggest one personally and i know he could easly do a deal of some kind.

ariston

better lucky than good
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 10:16:45 PM »

I first found blonde when the DTD forum was on here, I very rarely read the updates for what its worth.

LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:37 PM »

Simple answer really............................

NORKAGE  ldo
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 10:22:38 PM »

At last, sanity.......

sorry i dont sponsor players anymore. I did try and open a dialogue about maybe bringing a staking site onto blonde with kickbacks etc which would have more than covered the costs of the updates but was turned down. I no longer run a staking site of my own and now work full time for a living but a link with one of the staking sites would certainly be a huge revenue stream for blonde given the ammount of decent players that are on here. if tony wants to do a deal like this he knows the people involved in the biggest one personally and i know he could easly do a deal of some kind.

Yes, you offered a Deal. I had no wish to be associated with that Staking Operation.

Yes, I know the good peeps at BadBeat very well. We had extensive negotiations with them, Dave & I. It came to nothing, because there was nothing on the Table for us, no room for a middleman really.

We are in talks about a commercial Staking Operation with a backer. As I have stated several times. I actually spoke with him tonight. He remains keen.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rozza1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2009, 10:25:17 PM »

Played the first APAT tournament in Brum ( Won by Kinboshi) busting out in 23rd, atmosphere was great and everyone kept mentioning Blonde poker so when I got home I checked it out, liked what I saw and have been loitering ever since.

Edit: I should add that I was knocked out by Brendan (Eric Stoner), a real gentleman on and off the table.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:28:05 PM by Rozza1 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: