blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com GUKPT Walsall - Day 1A
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com GUKPT Walsall - Day 1A  (Read 38335 times)
sweepstr

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2009, 12:55:47 AM »

ummm personally,i think stopping the clock is a load of poo poo.its not good for the players or the dealers.the gukpt is of a good structure so why not just play the level?surely its not necessary and im sure the players wont be happy with this very strange decision.as for the suprise i thought the free beer option was a better one than this load of ****
NEVES

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2009, 12:56:19 AM »

Fantastic updates as usual many thanks.

Rules are for the obedience of fools and
guidance of wise men.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2009, 12:56:29 AM »

Moments prior to the groundbreaking announcing that shook the very foundations of this industry, Jeff Hemmerman found himself all in on the river of a board for 14,440.

As Josh Tyler probed Hemmerman with endless questions, the latter turned up his ipod but eventually conceded when Tyler wouldn't. "Hello. Heeeellooooo. Will you show if I fold?" "If I say yes will you call?" answered Hemmerman "You have to answer my question first, will you show?" "Just do something," replied Hemmerman impatiently. "I call," announced Tyler abruptly.

Hemmerman showed and Tyler mucked. He now has 50,000, whilst Tyler drops to 35,000.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 01:02:47 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2009, 12:57:17 AM »

It has now been announced that the clock remain on 19.35, and all remaining players will play eight hands, at which point the day's play will end.

Bedlam here, the players are scratching their heads, the dealers are wondering how they'll keep count and I have no idea what I'm going to do about the tournament clock. I mean, should I let it run, or put it on a break, even though they're not actually on a break. Oh, my poor head.

I wonder what the idea is behind this. Any one?  Stop slow play running up to the end of the level? I don't know. Anyone?

Yes, I was one of the people lobbying Jon to change this and fair play to him for listening. Stops people dwelling and running down the clock to avoid having to pay their big blind before the end of the day and subsequent redraw for day 2

clever clever, like it
sweepstr

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »

im sorry but using the clock is part of the game and always has been.try watching or playing in the ept,wsop or any big games of poker.and playing just 8 more hands wont stop players from dwelling up,taking their time or just shoving cos they dont want to come back the next day with a few chips.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2009, 12:59:46 AM »

Matthew Roberts and Jim Reid chop one up with Big Slick squared. Reid had a chance of a backdoor flush draw, but no such bum intrusion occurred and both players retrieved their chips.

Roberts = 37,000
Reid = 44,000
sweepstr

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2009, 01:01:01 AM »

Moments prior the groundbreaking announcing that shook the very foundations of this industry, Jeff Hemmerman found himself all in on the river of a board for 14,440.

As Josh Tyler probed Hemmerman with endless questions, the latter turned up his ipod but eventually conceded when Tyler wouldn't. "Hello. Heeeellooooo. Will you show if I fold?" "If I say yes will you call?" "You have to answer my question first, will you show?" "Just do something," replied Hemmerman impatiently. "I call," announced Tyler abruptly.

Hemmerman showed and Tyler mucked. He now has 50,000, whilst Tyler drops to 35,000.

[img]http://blondepoker.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=25328&g2_serialNumber=1[/imsuperb jeff.keep going m8.only a few hands to go
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2009, 01:01:42 AM »

Looks like Dave Colclough and Julian Thew were final level casualties. Both shot off pretty sharpish.
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2009, 01:03:53 AM »

im sorry but using the clock is part of the game and always has been.try watching or playing in the ept,wsop or any big games of poker.and playing just 8 more hands wont stop players from dwelling up,taking their time or just shoving cos they dont want to come back the next day with a few chips.

Think you've missed the point here, it's stops people running the clock down to avoid paying their blinds before the day ends. Try playing any of the big games of poker of which you speak in the Bellagio. Seems to work ok.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2009, 01:07:39 AM »

I must say I for one like the new clock. WP Snoopy imo

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2009, 01:13:25 AM »

Chip counts should be on their way shortly...
sweepstr

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »

i see your point and have been lucky enough to play in the bellagio cup.but personally i think theres nothing wrong in using the clock to your advantage.managng to avoid paying the blinds is surely just another part of it and has always been.it is part of the game.it also makes a bit of a nonsense of the levels..seeing as many players actually plan strategy and their changing of gears this becomes rather difficult if the level just gets stopped without warning.ask the dealers im sure they dont like it either but we are both entitled to our opinions.i think we will just to have to disagree.good luck to dan carter,iwan jones,martyn cavanagh and jeff hemmerman  
sweepstr

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2009, 01:17:32 AM »

Chip counts should be on their way shortly...
thankyou for the excellent updates and humour as usual.
Card_Shark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »

Tikay-O, Lord of the Thunderblondes, meets his second in command and most trusted protector, Tightgra, at the blonde's Lair. "What is it?" asks Tikay-O while stroking his mane inquisitively. "Great news," replies Tightgra, his tail swishing excitedly behind him. "We can update Walsall!" "How so?" asks Tikay-O with his whiskers a quiver. "We have no milk with which to bargain with." "Oh contrare, Lord Tikay-O," comes the response. "There has been a donation." "But from who?"

The door slides open and in pounces Chompthro, his trusted fighting stick in one hand, and a bowel of milk in the other. Tightgra's eyes bulge as he spots the milk. "I am the mystery sponsor, your Lord." "Chompthro!" exclaims Tikay-O. "It cannot be, you haven't won a comp since the eighties. Have you struck gold in the Third Earth lottery?" "No, Lord Tikay-O, I managed to sell the Hoverblonde for this bowel of milk, with which we can now use to pay an updater at Walsall." "Why Chompthro, you're a genius," praises Tikay-O. "We never needed that bloody thing anyway. I mean, we're not Top Gear, how many vehicles do we want, what's wrong with just using the blondeTank?" "Well, I like the Tank, my Lord, but he's not the brightest." "No, I mean the vehicle, you buffoon." "I agree with you, Lord Tikay-O," purrs Tightgra excitedly. "We don't do EPTs anymore, so we have no need for the Hoverblonde, and I do love a spot of milk. Is it Pasteurised?"

As Tikay-O goes to take the milk, Chompthro pulls back. "There's one condition though," he warns. "My arch nemesis and ever-living source of evil, Sicilian-Ra, must be insulted in the tournament clock." "This can be arranged," answers Tightgra swiftly. "Sicillian-Ra has a Broadband connection in the Black Pyramid and will undoubtedly read the insult." On that reassuring note, Chompthro passes Tikay-O the milk.

"But who can we lure in with our newly acquired milk at such short notice?" asks Tightgra worriedly. "Don't worry," calms Tikay-O as he casually lifts his sword into the air. "THUNDER!" Tikay-O swipes the air with his sword like a child with a light saber. "THUNDER!... THUNDER!" Tightgra checks his watch and waves his hand impatiently. "THUNDERBLONDES HOOOOOOOOOO!!!" There's a flash of light and, from the pulsating Eye of the Thundera, a giant symbol of a blonde poker chip with a naked woman in the middle appears in the sky. "Wow, you can see the nipples when it's that big." observes Tightgra as his tail wags frantically. "Is she the Ho?" asks Chompthro.

In a nearby village, former Thunderblondes WilySnoopy and WilyFloppy are participating in a spot of heads up for rolls. "You're getting pwned, ya fish," slates WilyFloppy. As WilySnoopy looks up at the summons in the sky, WilyFloppy swipes some chips from his stack. "Lolz, I wonder what they want," ponders WilySnoopy. "They probably want us to update Walsall, imo" replies WilyFloppy, adding the chips to his own stack. "I read it on the forum earlier." "Well, I'd hate to be greedy, Grosvenor Walsall is possibly the most exotic location on Third Earth with its er... nearby cinema and stuff. Why don't you take the job?" "No, 'fraid not, it's my mother's birthday. You should go." WilySnoopy rubs his chin pensively. "Well, I suppose they do have a free buffet. It's not tez is it?" "[ ] Course not, it's tippety-top," replies WilyFloppy rubbing his stomach. "Yum yum, Walsall buffet ftw." "Well, in that case, I'll do it." WilyFloppy sniggers mischievously as WilySnoopy jumps on his tractor and makes his way towards the giant chip.

WilySnoopy joins Tikay-O, Tightgra and Chompthro in the blonde's Lair. "Thanks for offering to update, WilySnoopy," says Tikay-O. "There's a bowel of milk in it for you if you can survive three days." Tightgra turns to Chompthro and whispers, "Ha, he wont' stand a chance going solo with that field, he'll collapse before the end of Day 2 and that bowel of milk will be all mine... all mine! You hear me, aaaaall mineeeee!!! Moahahahaha!" "Yes, I hear you," growls Chompthro. "Stop shouting, you're meant to be whispering." WilySnoopy looks over suspiciously as Tightgra licks his lips.   

"Survival will be easy," claims WilySnoopy confidently, as I have a secret weapon. Suddenly, the window flings open, a pole hits the floor and in vaults LittleMissCheetara, notepad and pen in hand. "Meet my helper for the weekend," continues WilySnoopy. Tightgra's shoulders drop. "Oh fiddlesticks, I really wanted that bowel of milk." "Come on, hop to it!" orders LittleMissCheetara as she pokes WilySnoopy's tush with her pole. "Can't stand around here all day, we've got an update to do."

Fan bloody tastic, great to have you back snoops, now i need to catch up with the rest of this thread.

bovie

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2009, 01:32:34 AM »

stopping the clock,and playing 8 hands is a great way foward.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: